Science Greta Thunberg Megathread - 16 year old climate and environmental activist with Asperger’s

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's the same face Chris has sometimes. Probably after :briefs:.

You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that Greta has a fear of flying. She didn't want her mother to fly, so her mother gave up her career. She refuses to fly. She says it's because muh climate, but autistic people aren't very reasonable, as we know. I'm starting to think this is an elaborate :ruse: coz she's an aviophobic lil autist.

I legit don't why this lil turbosperg won't just fucking fly and then plant enough trees to make up for her carbon emissions. It's almost like she doesn't want to do anything but avoid flying or school.
She could fly Qantas like Rain Man.

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
GT.jpg

Her routine is quite manpower intensive. The more people involved in the charade means an increased likelihood of one of them getting pissed off for whatever reasons, and having a whinge to the media about what was happening behind the scenes.

Probably not so much the boat crew, but high profile campaigns attract grifters, who can get pissed off when they don't get the recognition they feel they deserve..

Martys_not_smarty

You don't know what hard times are daddy.
kiwifarms.net
>demands air travel halt
>won't take up honorable chairman about Chinese emissions
wow
If you saw the video she pulled the Luann from King of the Hill defense, they never invited her to get chastised so therefore China doesnt exist same with India if they dont invite her to cut a exceptional individuals impression of Ludvig Borga then they aren't part of the climate change problem.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
If you saw the video she pulled the Luann from King of the Hill defense, they never invited her to get chastised so therefore China doesnt exist same with India if they dont invite her to cut a exceptional individuals impression of Ludvig Borga then they aren't part of the climate change problem.
Or maybe China paid her big money not say a word?

Iron Hamster

Calculated chaos
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 994304
Her routine is quite manpower intensive. The more people involved in the charade means an increased likelihood of one of them getting pissed off for whatever reasons, and having a whinge to the media about what was happening behind the scenes.

Probably not so much the boat crew, but high profile campaigns attract grifters, who can get pissed off when they don't get the recognition they feel they deserve..
Brings up an interesting question. If she allegedly needs money to jet set, where is the money coming from for the handlers etc.?

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 994304
Her routine is quite manpower intensive.
Think of the extra carbon that had to expended to build the video equipment that served no purpose other than documenting you wasting more carbon with a vanity trip, how much extra pollution went into the world to produce those custom decals for the boat? Can't just sail to a conference to get your ego stroked, the whole world's gotta know you're doing it..... every step of the way.... and I'll bet none of those extra support staff go hungry.....

This is why I loathe modern environmentalism.

Since the 90's, it's been pithy phrases on bumperstickers stuck to mammoth SUVs as if your pure motives actually will suck carbon out of the atmosphere, as opposed to some trees you could have planted instead....

Hypocrisy of the highest order, and now we've got celebrity hypocrites.

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor?!
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 994304

If I was her parent, I would be concerned with her being alone with so many men.

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Why doesn’t she just conference in? Does she really need to be there physically?

I wonder if her parents just wanted time alone. Maybe she’s a real buzzkill. That would explain why they didn’t accompany her.
It's vitally important to the world that people get her physical presence so they can see her weird gurning and scowling and autistic mannerisms up close and personal.

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I was her parent, I would be concerned with her being alone with so many men.
I think she is genuinely on the spectrum. I'm willing to bet she loved being on a boat with no engine in the middle of the Atlantic.

Her asshole parents should have taught her how to sail rather than how to act out a role as an activist.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Brings up an interesting question. If she allegedly needs money to jet set, where is the money coming from for the handlers etc.?
From the people who are behind her family, it's some NGO linked to the (((usual))) suspects. The family probably has some, but not enough for this eventuality I guess.

She can eventually get the money. The problem is that these vehicles are just doing her a favor by taking her all over the world. There are ships and airplanes everywhere for her to take, and she (or her handlers) have enough money to pay for them, but the ones she requires are likely on schedule for their own things and they won't turn back to help her. I'm sure the yacht that brought her to America only wanted some exposure and it's now back to where it's meant to be and won't do it again. It's not about HER but about showing off how virtuous they are and how much virtuous you can be if you own this exactly same eco-yacht. wink wink nudge nudge.

heathercho

Don't underestimate Razor-Blade Remi.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Spain are footing the bill for the Greta publicity tour.

(https://www.dw.com/en/spain-to-help-greta-thunberg-get-to-cop25-in-madrid/a-51091374
I can't archive it, but you get the point.)

Spain to help Greta Thunberg get to COP25 in Madrid
Spain's government has offered to get Greta Thunberg to next month's UN climate summit. The Swedish activist appealed for help crossing the Atlantic after the conference venue changed last-minute from Santiago to Madrid.
Greta Thunberg on a yacht

Spain's environment minister said the government would help Greta Thunberg cross the Atlantic in time to attend the upcoming UN climate talks.
"Dear Greta, it would be great to have you here in Madrid," the minister, Teresa Ribera, said on Twitter. "You've made a long journey and help all of us to raise concern, open minds and enhance action. We would love to help you to cross the Atlantic back."

Spain offered to host the UN climate change conference, known formally as COP25, after Chile withdrew. The last-minute change left Thunberg stranded on the wrong side of the Atlantic.

Emissions-free travel

The 16-year-old activist, who shuns fossil fuel-powered modes of transport such as commercial flights, put out an appeal on Twitter, saying she would like to attend the conference but had "traveled half around the world, the wrong way."

"If anyone could help me find transport I would be so grateful."

Thunberg sailed from Europe to New York earlier this year to attend the UN Climate Action Summit in September. She is currently in Los Angeles and had planned to travel carbon-free by land to the COP25 in the Chilean capital Santiago.

But this week the venue of the December 2-13 event was switched to Madrid — more than 10,000 kilometers (6,000 miles) away — after violent protests forced Chilean President Sebastian Pinera to retract the offer to host.

The annual conference aims to coordinate efforts to implement the goals of the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement. Some 25,000 people are expected to attend.

Di Caprio delight at meeting Greta

Meanwhile, fellow environmental activist and Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio, could not hide his delight at meeting Thunberg during her stint in North America.

He described her as a "leader of our time" following their first encounter.

The "Titanic" star said via his Instagram page over the weekend: "History will judge us for what we do today to help guarantee that future generations can enjoy the same livable planet that we have so clearly taken for granted. I hope that Greta’s message is a wake-up call to world leaders everywhere that the time for inaction is over."

DiCaprio, who posted a picture of the pair online, added: "It was an honor to spend time with Greta" and that "climate change is the most urgent threat facing our entire species, and we need to work collectively together and stop procrastinating."

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino