Science Greta Thunberg Megathread - 16 year old climate and environmental activist with Asperger’s

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
It really bothers me how so much of her message is about how whites have ruined the world and the colored people are innocent heroes. The progressive rally point is always that skin color is the most important thing ever and even though you can't choose it or change it, you must be judged primarily by it. She actually wants colored people to all be at the front of her shows so she can sell the visual point. These people will always argue that "pocs are invisible so we need to actively counter that" but the practical effect is a yet more extreme pressure to excuse any nonwhite people from their responsibility for the state of the world. 100% of pocs didn't invent the smartphone and 99.999% of whites also didn't invent the smartphone, but both populations use it in abundance despite the destructive impact on world pollution and developing economies that producing them in mass quantities has. (Or if you want to get pedantic, blaming Steve Jobs for the modern smartphone denies even that figure because he was a half Syrian immigrant baby who happened to get adopted by a white couple.) Whites and nonwhites alike also drive cars, buy plane tickets, power their homes with power from coal plants, and both are equally valid to use the excuse that there's no other way to exist in our modern society because it's not practical to opt out of it. Yet she insists on selling the cartoonish narrative that some skin colors are excused for living that way while others aren't allowed, it's okay to make arbitrary judgments of which races are morally good and which ones are bad and apparently the only difference between her kind and "right wing" racists is which skin color is on top of the hierarchy - that a hierarchy should exist in the first place is something they all agree on, even though true anti-racists realize this is the most important dispute.

I swear to christ, I think Greta believes that my fucking Corolla will put out less pollution if I gift it to a poc even if that poc puts exactly as much gas into it and drives it as much as I do. I think that's what she and her kind want the peasantry to believe.

Last edited:

Malagor the dank omen

Drakwald's most coveted goat
kiwifarms.net
I swear to christ, I think Greta believes that my fucking Corolla will put out less pollution if I gift it to a poc even if that poc puts exactly as much gas into it and drives it as much as I do. I think that's what she and her kind want the peasantry to believe.
This is the thing. They firmly believe that the "poor colored people" can pollute and do whatever the fuck they want with climate, even if that means chop down rainforests to expand farms that are less efficient than a suburban garden. And you know why? It's the magical word of the day: Colonialism.

Those poor people in Africa got oppressed the living shit out of them by whitey. You know china? Oh, the brits were extremely mean to uncle chang. And you better don't forget about india. It doesn't matter that China and India pollute more than everyone else in the world, have backwards traditions and are horrible at planning, they NEED to pollute in order to pull themselves out of the inmense amounts of poverty they have.

And there is also the shit about the industrial revolution and whitey polluted the everlasting shit out of everything. And like slavery, you better pay climate reparations for all the coal that was burned in that foundry your great great great grandfather worked nearly 12 hours a day to barely feed his family.
She isnt wrong about that. Africans would have never changed the climate on their own, its hard to start an industrie with an iq of 80...
I will always recommend everyone to watch "Empire of Sand". It's a enlightening reminder that when colonialism was over the people in charge didn't packed all the industry, technology and roads and left. All that the brits or the french built in their colonies stayed in Africa but nogs are so utter shit at everything that in 30 years they ruined everything so much they are back in the stone age.

Arkancide Pact

kiwifarms.net
Also, "climate change" is fake and based off false data. NOAA still keeps the original non "adjusted" data set, you can literally see it for yourself.

Raw NOAA data
Adjusted NOAA data

Note both links go directly to the noaa.gov site.

Here's that data in graph form:
2018_03_20_05_47_24.png

As you can see, the adjusted data shows a rise of 2.5 degrees over time. The unadjusted data shows no such rise.

They accomplish this mainly by adjusting old temperatures downward. They simply made the year 1900 2 degrees colder than the recordings of the instruments say it was.

Yotsubaaa

Hope always wins!
kiwifarms.net
Also, "climate change" is fake and based off false data. NOAA still keeps the original non "adjusted" data set, you can literally see it for yourself.

Raw NOAA data
Adjusted NOAA data

Note both links go directly to the noaa.gov site.

Here's that data in graph form:
View attachment 1010159

As you can see, the adjusted data shows a rise of 2.5 degrees over time. The unadjusted data shows no such rise.

They accomplish this mainly by adjusting old temperatures downward. They simply made the year 1900 2 degrees colder than the recordings of the instruments say it was.
Apparently the adjusted data use Pairwise Homogenization Algorithm (PHA) adjustments to account for bias introduced by things like moving network stations, changes in recording instrumentation and observation times, and so on.
(https://archive.li/I2PgY)

The algorithm, implemented in Fortran (because of course it is, fucking climate scientists), is available here.

Not saying that this all isn't suspect as hell. In fact, I saw this as I was skimming through the PHA source code files. Gotta say, it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that their software works the way they say it does.

From the header of filnet_subs.v4p.f:
Code:
C   WARNING - POTENTIAL FOR A MAJOR ERROR IN THE PRECIP CODE HAS BEEN
C     DISCOVERED. THE ALGORITHM MAY BE COMPROMISED DUE TO THE USE OF
C     OF A SHORTCUT FOR CALCULATIONS. IT SEEMS AS IF THE ESTIMATION OF 
C     THE CONFIDENCE INTERVAL AND THE CORRECTION FACTOR ARE NOT 
C     CALCULATED IN NATURAL LOG SPACE AS IN THE ORIGINAL SPERRY VERSION
C     AT PRESENT THE EFFECTS ARE UNKNOWN, BUT UNTIL FURTHER INVESTIGATION
C      !!!!!! CONSIDER THE CODE CORRUPTED !!!!!!
C                                                07JUN01 CW

Yotsubaaa

Hope always wins!
kiwifarms.net
Why aren't they using satellite data for world-wide climate projections instead of land based observations? The only adjustments that should be for historical data, it shouldn't be ongoing.
Good question. They absolutely used the land-based observations for historical data, as you said. But you're right: you'd expect that satellite-data would remove the temperature heterogeneities that were messing up their data (and why they needed the PHA adjustment in the first place).

So I looked into it and found this research paper asking that very question back in the mid-2000's:
(full paper accessible link from sci-hub)

Here's a more recent paper comparing temperature estimates between land-based instruments and satellite measurements:

The academic answer seems to be that there were/are still some issues with using satellite-based data inference (because the satellite can't really measure the temperature directly in the same way that land instruments can, right? They have to estimate the temperature by measuring microwave radiation and making inferences based upon the emissivity of the local terrain), as compared with direct land-based measurements. They've gotten much better in recent decades though, and now the satellite-based measurements and the land-based measurements are typically in full agreement with each other for most climate parameters.

So that's the academic answer for why they probably still default to land-based measurements. But given that it's academia we're dealing with, the real answer is probably closer to good old bureaucratic inertia and laziness.

(I mean, for an example of such inertia, look no further than that header code comment in my previous post. The signature says the comment was added by 'CW' in 2001. So in the best case, they're still using 20 year old software written in Fortran for their climate data adjustments. In the worst case? They still haven't even triaged CW's bug report yet, and that same 20 year old PHA code has a fatal error in it that nobody ever got around to fixing.)

Mitt Doggy Dogg

kiwifarms.net
Those poor people in Africa got oppressed the living shit out of them by whitey. You know china? Oh, the brits were extremely mean to uncle chang. And you better don't forget about india. It doesn't matter that China and India pollute more than everyone else in the world, have backwards traditions and are horrible at planning, they NEED to pollute in order to pull themselves out of the inmense amounts of poverty they have.
There darkie buddies sold them into Slavery so they oppressed there selfs , the only reason Africa isn't polluted more is because they are too stupid and poor to have a industrial revolution like all modern countries had at some point, they would rather chase lions and chuck spears at each other, but oh noes whitey!

Big Nasty

I really like beer.
kiwifarms.net
Does she only own one pair of shoes? The only time I've seen her in different shoes was on the boat during her transatlantic trip.

I feel like I'm setting myself up for autistic ratings by even mentioning this.
Could be a autism thing.

I know that Chris always wore the same shoes everywhere until they looked like complete garbage and then Sockness bought them and jacked off in them.

I fear that her shoes will probably suffer the same fate at the hands of some pervert.

kūhaku

Dancing in the ruins
kiwifarms.net
I still don't understand why anyone would listen to a fugly sixteen year old vegan with autismo who had a tantrum at the UN.
Because she's a gen z #relateable child with autism who just wants to make the world a better place!! If you diss her, that makes you the bad person. :story:

Or, that's the theory behind her being a figurehead at least.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still don't understand why anyone would listen to a fugly sixteen year old vegan with autismo who had a tantrum at the UN.
Because doing so gives them the bragging rights of "I listened to a fugly sixteen year old vegan with autismo who had a tantrum at the UN! I am so progressive and understanding and sensitive to the needs of ugly tardlings!" without having to do anything more difficult than tweet

The more wretched and unfortunate looking the object of pity is, the more virtuous and compassionate those who declare their pity for it appear

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
Because doing so gives them the bragging rights of "I listened to a fugly sixteen year old vegan with autismo who had a tantrum at the UN! I am so progressive and understanding and sensitive to the needs of ugly tardlings!" without having to do anything more difficult than tweet

The more wretched and unfortunate looking the object of pity is, the more virtuous and compassionate those who declare their pity for it appear
Oh, so they feel sorry for this tard then? Wait until she becomes an even fuglier woman with schizophrenia and autismo screaming at every passerby in the street about Area 51 causing climate change or something. A few phone calls later and she'll be so full of Thorazine she won't remember what her name is, let alone the UN.

Malagor the dank omen

Drakwald's most coveted goat
kiwifarms.net
Wait until she becomes an even fuglier woman with schizophrenia and autismo screaming at every passerby in the street about Area 51 causing climate change or something. A few phone calls later and she'll be so full of Thorazine she won't remember what her name is, let alone the UN.
At the rate this is going i kinda expect this to happen when she's in her early 20s and she snaps at some event and attacks someone like somre rabid monkey on PCP instead of just throwing a mean look at them and saying "How dare you pollute?"

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino