Science Greta Thunberg Megathread - 16 year old climate and environmental activist with Asperger’s

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net

Apparently someone found a photo of a Greta clone in the Uni of Washington Archives.
View attachment 1013508

This lil' Greta could argue her childhood was "stolen", she had to work in the gold mines. Though, I guess she's mining and destroying the planet, so her childhood means jackshit. The irony.
OMG, they're cloning them, just like the Eves in the X-Files.

Farmer Dave

Meh.
kiwifarms.net
i'm not naive enough to see the hypocrisy of a bunch of 1st worlders claiming they're saving the earth while also directly benifitng from a system that exploits the environment, but i don't get why so many people in this thread are opposesed to enviormentalism. i like nature. pollution is bad. strip-mining is bad. i don't see how any of these opinions are controversial.

DanteAlighieri

Anti authoritarian asshole asshole
kiwifarms.net
i'm not naive enough to see the hypocrisy of a bunch of 1st worlders claiming they're saving the earth while also directly benifitng from a system that exploits the environment, but i don't get why so many people in this thread are opposesed to enviormentalism. i like nature. pollution is bad. strip-mining is bad. i don't see how any of these opinions are controversial.
Environmentalism is shit and has been hijacked by authoritarian cunts who push for everything that just happens to give the fucks in government more power and more money while making life harder for me and my family.

I've done more for the environment by picking up trash in a park than this autistic swedish bitch and her sycophants.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Environmentalism is shit and has been hijacked by authoritarian cunts who push for everything that just happens to give the fucks in government more power and more money while making life harder for me and my family.

I've done more for the environment by picking up trash in a park than this autistic swedish bitch and her sycophants.
One of my favorite environmentalism news stories was about how literally thousands of tons of garbage had to be cleaned up after the Standing Rock protests. The Native Americans and the cops had to clean up immense piles of rotting garbage left behind by the "environmentalists" who treated it like a woke Burning Man and literally shit all over the place.

heathercho

Don't underestimate Razor-Blade Remi.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because this "Environmentalism" you speak of has been co-opted, weaponized and politicized by idiots like AOC and Greta to be something completely removed from giving a shit about the environment.
I don't think anyone in this thread has been specific "Fuck the environment", more "Fuck these people and their bullshit agenda and lies".

Arkancide Pact

kiwifarms.net
Who is saying pollution is good? That's a ridiculous position.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
As others say it's not about environmentalism, that's just a con so selfish destructive people can maintain power. It's just like progs claiming racism is everywhere so they can look like heroes for bringing back segregation, which will obviously cause more racial divides which ensures they can keep getting hero points for crying about it forever. I'd love a clean earth too but to even approach that we have to get rid of the people in power who want the world always teetering on the edge of destruction because then the scared peasants will keep donating to their charities and patreons forever.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
Fun fact: those are all emitting steam, the most potent greenhouse gas out there.
I for one strongly oppose the steam smokestacks that are put up when the air in the sewers is warmer than the air at street level(which is almost all the time); it obscures drivers' vision, they're eyesores, it's steaming up the atmosphere and steam is usually hot, so that kills. We don't have steampunk-era technology anymore to properly process all the evil steam into work or energy, so fuck it. STEAM BAD
1574257773569.png

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's because they're slacktavists that don't actually give a shit, they just barf out word-salad about the environment on their mass-produced, Chinese sweat-shop phones while they're buying designer clothes and sucking down some unpronounceable, gay coffee from Starbucks. Almost every single one of these people are the embodiment of consumer and capitalist culture, and in the same breath they spin around and try to shit on everyone else--typically people from "fly-over" states-- even though these states produce infinitely less waste than their own.

They didn't like plastic straws so they made biodegradable straws. Packed in plastic. Packed in more plastic than the original straws used in the first place, and unlike the original straws, they can't be re-used. They're not volunteering for neighborhood clean-up programs, they're not volunteering at wildlife sanctuaries, they're not living ascetically to try and minimize their contribution to the problem, they're just buying a container of hippie-flavoured horsepiss with a green leaf on the box so they can take a selfie and go, "I'm helping!"

Environmentalism got co-opted hard by the corporations who finally understood how to market themselves to dipshits to convince them that they were all suddenly "socially-aware and environmentally-conscious!" and these brain-dead hacks bought it hook, line, and sinker. That's why they don't talk about the real issues anymore, they just scream about carbon tax and climate change and paint giant, hideous faces on the sides of buildings with hundreds of gallons of aerosol spray paint.

That's why Greenpeace is now full of useless morons and anyone who is actually acting on their beliefs went to the Sea Shepards. Greenpeace takes selfies in front of coral. The Sea Shepards ram whaling ships. You can sit around and argue the methods and the morality of the Sea Shepards all day, but at least they actually do something.

GP0STQM84_PressMedia.jpg 70e96ae350298cff876d0241ab83d7a1.jpg

Arkancide Pact

kiwifarms.net
So how do they accomplish Greta's "carbon free" travel? First, you build a state of the art sailing yacht with 2 giant diesel motors. Sail that across the ocean.
Then you fly the entire crew home.
Then Greta does her bullshit.
Then you fly the crew back.
In the meantime, Al gore takes a private jet to and from the Greta show, as do Johnny Depp and any number of other morally superior celebs.

So one Greta appearance releases more co2 than the average person will in their lifetime.

It's fake and its just an additional way for those elites to exercise control over you.

Freddy Freaker

Merry Christmas and Happy Credit Card Bill
kiwifarms.net
So how do they accomplish Greta's "carbon free" travel? First, you build a state of the art sailing yacht with 2 giant diesel motors. Sail that across the ocean.
Then you fly the entire crew home.
Then Greta does her bullshit.
Then you fly the crew back.
In the meantime, Al gore takes a private jet to and from the Greta show, as do Johnny Depp and any number of other morally superior celebs.

So one Greta appearance releases more co2 than the average person will in their lifetime.

It's fake and its just an additional way for those elites to exercise control over you.
Idk maybe you should ask Royal Dutch Shell Oil. I'm sick to death of their "great travel hack" ads on youtube. p.s. marketing boomers I dont think you quite get what a "hack" means

Malagor the dank omen

Drakwald's most coveted goat
kiwifarms.net
That's why Greenpeace is now full of useless morons and anyone who is actually acting on their beliefs went to the Sea Shepards. Greenpeace takes selfies in front of coral. The Sea Shepards ram whaling ships. You can sit around and argue the methods and the morality of the Sea Shepards all day, but at least they actually do something.
This is one of the main reasons i and probably a lot of people don't buy into this fucking bullshit anymore. The main proponents of animal conservation or enviromentalist are a bunch of jerkoffs that just want to show that they do something rathern than doing something. It's a circlejerk of asspatting that goes all around the world. Because doing something would require effort, sacrifice, dedication or a moderate amount of risk. And also, if you actually fight for a better world people will call you an "ecofascist", the most laughable word there is.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Enviromentalism is messianic thinking masked as hippie trash.

There is a good interview I saw some months ago that gave good clarity on the matter: these people go around saying the're going to save the earth, but the earth does not need to be saved. The earth has endure terrible natural disasters and it's still standing. The meteorite that whipped out all dinosaurs was a cathastrophe that many of us couldn't even imagine... and yet, here we stand. We and many other species: some survived, some others were born.

Humans are very capable of adapt. If we, somehow, destroy wht it's now on the surface, we'll move underground. Or something similar. And many species will adapt too. Some will die, others will be born. It's normal. What these eco-fascists want is to save their own life-styles. If they really understood how nature work, they wouldn't be this radical and would understand everything will carry on and the earth will keep on turning.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be careful with what we have, but I think it's quite arrogant to pretend we're as important as these people imply.

Sorry for the doble post, but I'd like to remind people that Greenpeace ruined the Nazca Lines.
880x495_291458.jpg

See that line that runs towards the T in "The"? They caused that. You can't enter that area unless you're wearing especial shoes to walk on that surface that is very sensitive. The GP morons decided to protest a summit by going to the Hummingbird and place that banner there, stepping all over the area. The lines and figures (those straight lines were also made by the indigenous of the region, not just the bird) have lasted so much because of the type of soil in there. It keeps every print and you cannot delete it. I don't know how the case it's been handled now, but I remember the state said it would cost millions to even try to repair it and it wasn't guaranteed it would work.

Freddy Freaker

Merry Christmas and Happy Credit Card Bill
kiwifarms.net
The word "hack" has been viciously brutalized for decades by people who never bothered to learn its real meanings. The old-timers have all but given up trying to correct this great injustice.
Even then it doesnt make sense. With the newer uses of "hack", a "travel hack" should be something that makes traveling easier/better/more enjoyable. I mean, shell bills their marketing series as an "adventure" but lower CO2 emissions isn't necessarily a travel hack unless the traveler likes to virtue signal

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
That's why they don't talk about the real issues anymore, they just scream about carbon tax and climate change and paint giant, hideous faces on the sides of buildings with hundreds of gallons of aerosol spray paint.
And conveniently, anything actually difficult to do requires someone else's effort, your effort, the effort of those evil mayonnaise ghouls they fly over in carbon belching airplanes. Their own duties begin and end with the purchase of some consumable product they can take a selfie with while gaping like a hooked fish before throwing it away in a landfill.

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the doble post, but I'd like to remind people that Greenpeace ruined the Nazca Lines. View attachment 1017099

See that line that runs towards the T in "The"? They caused that. You can't enter that area unless you're wearing especial shoes to walk on that surface that is very sensitive. The GP morons decided to protest a summit by going to the Hummingbird and place that banner there, stepping all over the area. The lines and figures (those straight lines were also made by the indigenous of the region, not just the bird) have lasted so much because of the type of soil in there. It keeps every print and you cannot delete it. I don't know how the case it's been handled now, but I remember the state said it would cost millions to even try to repair it and it wasn't guaranteed it would work.
That shit infuriates me every time I think about it. It's an eternal reminder that after every eco-protest you've got to go in and clean up mountains of trash and try to recover plants and animals.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino