GROCERY HAUL & LEMON CHALLENGE 4/9/19 - Spoiler: Becky wins the lemon challenge

Which of Al’s home cooked meals would you eat?

• Chicken with instant rice and quinoa

Votes: 20 9.6%
  • Chicken with broccoli and potatoes

Votes: 60 28.8%
  • Chili with tube turkey and canned vegetables

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Pasta with egg, soy sauce, scallions and bacon

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Everything soup with potatoes, rice, olives, liquid aminos and vegetables

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Kielbasa sausage with onions, bell pepper and a potato

Votes: 82 39.4%
  • Tube turkey “nachos”

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

clusterfuckk

My soul was empty...so I ate 2 ramens.
kiwifarms.net
Both are teasing the viewers to juice view counts back up to make up for lost ad revenue, it's the only way she can try and get both the audience back while also getting them viewing her as Victimlynn, in her mind. If she keeps 'forgetting' to weigh herself eventually she'll bait some messages telling her to not forget and then she can make a video blaming the messengers for 'only making it about that above 600 number,' as a result to try and get the more suggestible dumb viewers to have sympathy in regards to her for enduring such awful harassment about something she won't stop intentionally mentioning but also won't deliver to the watchers. The same psychological approach is being used on the unmentioned struggle, in reality she's struggling to get the scale to read 599 or less to shoot a weigh in, but keep being oblique enough about it and somebody will bite and message her over it, then she can play Victimlynn over 'harassment.'
Similar.... hell, exactly like gaslighting... ?

Copper Saguaro

kiwifarms.net
It would really surprise me if no doctor has ever proposed vyvanse to her, if she's being truthful with them with regards to binging. It's not so uncommon to prescribe vyvanse for BED. It would be so easy for her to just get the health insurance, get the diagnosis, and take an appetite suppressant. I know she'd never do that because she's afraid of medication, but really what's it going to take?

Her brain and hormones are so used to massive portions and she has no discipline or willpower to change. This isn't to say that medication is always the easy way out, but for her it might be the easiest. People go wild for her videos where she sees the doctor too, hell, it might even bring some of her do-gooder subs back.

I won't hate on her for buying store brand though, with some exceptions it's roughly the same quality. However, I doubt she's using the money she saves by doing this very wisely.

Reactions: Mr Foster

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
It would really surprise me if no doctor has ever proposed vyvanse to her, if she's being truthful with them with regards to binging. It's not so uncommon to prescribe vyvanse for BED. It would be so easy for her to just get the health insurance, get the diagnosis, and take an appetite suppressant. I know she'd never do that because she's afraid of medication, but really what's it going to take?

Her brain and hormones are so used to massive portions and she has no discipline or willpower to change. This isn't to say that medication is always the easy way out, but for her it might be the easiest. People go wild for her videos where she sees the doctor too, hell, it might even bring some of her do-gooder subs back.

I won't hate on her for buying store brand though, with some exceptions it's roughly the same quality. However, I doubt she's using the money she saves by doing this very wisely.
Even if she were ever prescribed Vyvanse or any other med with any psychotropic properties, she won't take it. Even if she takes it, she never sticks to a schedule. This gorl can't stick with ANYTHING. Frankly, I'm amazed she finished her antibiotics...which I'm not sure I truly believe. She strikes me as the type that takes them until she feels better and then says fuck it.

Anytime we've seen her take a med that would support her mental health, that shit goes straight out the window once the tiniest side effect comes around. She never gives it enough time to settle into her system. Even if she did, once her moods started evening out, she'd have to deal with reality as someone who can see reality. She's not prepared to go to any sort of therapy so there's really no point.

DarkSydePundit

Women Are Not Funny
kiwifarms.net
Also what would be the cost of her applying for health care NOW?!

She’s breaching 29.
She has multiple health issues that she brings with signing health insurance.

No physical activity.

That’s like getting a insurance on your teeth and they are all are fouling away before you sign.

Any insurance that wants to get a profit out of Amber would charge the fuck out of her.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
Also what would be the cost of her applying for health care NOW?!

She’s breaching 29.
She has multiple health issues that she brings with signing health insurance.

No physical activity.

That’s like getting a insurance on your teeth and they are all are fouling away before you sign.

Any insurance that wants to get a profit out of Amber would charge the fuck out of her.
If the dumb bitch had gotten in at this past open enrollment she wouldn't have to worry about pre-conditions like being a fat fuck. If she waits too long the point will be moot because no insurance carrier will cover her ass if there is any change in that rule. Her insurance will be expensive, but much less expensive than inpatient care costs out of pocket and that's where we're headed. Also, under the ACA her only real driver for cost is her income level. I'm surprised she hasn't sperged before about having to pay the tax penalty for not having insurance.

Oh wait, that would mean she'd have to have filed taxes.

DarkSydePundit

Women Are Not Funny
kiwifarms.net
If the dumb bitch had gotten in at this past open enrollment she wouldn't have to worry about pre-conditions like being a fat fuck. If she waits too long the point will be moot because no insurance carrier will cover her ass if there is any change in that rule. Her insurance will be expensive, but much less expensive than inpatient care costs out of pocket and that's where we're headed. Also, under the ACA her only real driver for cost is her income level. I'm surprised she hasn't sperged before about having to pay the tax penalty for not having insurance.

But Amber said HERSELF that she does her taxes!

Wait.

Would you imply that Amber might have LIED about that statement?

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
Similar.... hell, exactly like gaslighting... ?
I want to believe her audience is smarter than that but if you assume they're dumb enough to buy in, sure, I can see it being an example of that term.

If the dumb bitch had gotten in at this past open enrollment she wouldn't have to worry...Also, under the ACA her only real driver for cost is her income level. I'm surprised she hasn't sperged before about having to pay the tax penalty for not having insurance.

That rule was waived for last year and so this is the tax return year that nobody pays a penalty for not buying insurance (can't recall if that was also the case for last year's tax returns too right now and it doesn't really matter to the current topic, but it's definately not an issue this year I know for sure). Free-dumb for all pygmy hippos!

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
I want to believe her audience is smarter than that but if you assume they're dumb enough to buy in, sure, I can see it being an example of that term.

That rule was waived for last year and so this is the tax return year that nobody pays a penalty for not buying insurance (can't recall if that was also the case for last year's tax returns too right now and it doesn't really matter to the current topic, but it's definately not an issue this year I know for sure). Free-dumb for all pygmy hippos!
Oh, I know that. I'm just surprised she hasn't reeeeeed about it in the past because she was so fucking mad about paying FICA that one time she had a job. Again, though, she would A) have to understand that penalty was being applied, and B) have filed her taxes.

• Agree
Reactions: clusterfuckk

ADHD

kiwifarms.net
That rule was waived for last year and so this is the tax return year that nobody pays a penalty for not buying insurance (can't recall if that was also the case for last year's tax returns too right now and it doesn't really matter to the current topic, but it's definately not an issue this year I know for sure)
That's what I thought too, but according to this, the penalty goes away beginning this year:
For plan years through 2018, if you can afford health insurance but choose not to buy it, you may pay a fee called the individual Shared Responsibility Payment. (The fee is sometimes called the "penalty," "fine," or "individual mandate.")

Starting with the 2019 plan year (for which you’ll file taxes in April 2020), the Shared Responsibility Payment no longer applies.

The fee for 2018 plans and earlier

The fee for 2019 plans and beyond

YOUR MOM

Lisa needs braces!
kiwifarms.net
Does somebody like Al have to take more milligrams of a med than normal people? Like she has 3x the mass of a regular human so doesn't the med get more diluted? Just like kids and pets need smaller doses.

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net
Does somebody like Al have to take more milligrams of a med than normal people? Like she has 3x the mass of a regular human so doesn't the med get more diluted? Just like kids and pets need smaller doses.
Not usually, most medications are not dosed by weight, except for cases where you need to be really careful (children or frail elderly). Overall weight/body size of your average adult might have some small influence on what dose of certain medications works for them, but it's a relatively insignificant factor compared to things like kidney or liver function, or tolerance.

There are a few medications out there dosed by weight (almost always given intravenously, propofol or rocuronium for example, those affect your whole body) but it's still tricky with people as obese as Amber. Fat is relatively inert so it's easy to overdose them if you go by weight only, picture the relative effects of alcohol in a 6' 300 lb bearmode guy vs a 5'2" 300 lb female who can't lift 10 lbs.

Long time lurker

kiwifarms.net
Gaslighting has nothing whatsoever to do with the intelligence of the person/people being gaslighted. It's akin to water drop torture - at some point the droplets just drive you crazy.
It depends on the drug. AFAIK most antibiotics, for example, have dosages calculated by weight. Prescribing to people like Amber is a risky business because with medication there is something called LD50 (the lethal dose for half of the test subjects). The higher the weight, the closer to LD50 you get.

Reactions: marjoram

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
Gaslighting has nothing whatsoever to do with the intelligence of the person/people being gaslighted. It's akin to water drop torture - at some point the droplets just drive you crazy.
I agree with your point in general about it not being effectively a dependent state based only on the gullibility of the target of the technique, and that's a good analogy you bring up and I'll run with, but I would counter with the argument that if you know your attempted gaslighter is full of at least 89 eelbees of pygmy hippo shit when they open their laahing mouth, it's psychologically equivalent to wearing a rain poncho over where the water droplets are trying to intrude into your mental state, it provides some relief, even if the precipitation is still obstructing your unhindered point of view.

Reactions: clusterfuckk

Long time lurker

kiwifarms.net
I agree with your point in general about it not being effectively a dependent state based only on the gullibility of the target of the technique, and that's a good analogy you bring up and I'll run with, but I would counter with the argument that if you know your attempted gaslighter is full of at least 89 eelbees of pygmy hippo shit when they open their laahing mouth, it's psychologically equivalent to wearing a rain poncho over where the water droplets are trying to intrude into your mental state, it provides some relief, even if the precipitation is still obstructing your unhindered point of view.
The thing is, you don't. Gaslighting occurs when the victim believes the gaslighter, be it because they trust the person or the person is telling them things they can't check.
Gaslighting usually happens within the family circle - a parent, whom a child is innately set up to trust, or a spouse. It's insidious and consistent. When a victim gets to a point when they finally realize the gaslighter is full of shit, that's when they react and stop contact.

Amber's case is unusual because she's manipulating some people outside her physical reach. Those viewers of hers who allow themselves to be trapped in this situation did so because they want to believe. They want to be justified in their own failures, and some might even aspire to be in the same situation as Amber - not in terms of weight (at least I don't think so), but they want to be as irresponsible as she is and be able to have the same amount of income while doing nothing.

There are two ways to deal with gaslighting - you rebel from it and walk away, or you bury your head in the sand and just say "well, it's just the way (s)he is" whenever someone points the obvious discrepancies. We see both with the Ambabies. Some of them end up here or in one of the many hate groups, and some of them keep on posting ass pats on her social media.

Edited: TL;DR - in Amber's case you're right, but generally gaslighting isn't like that. The poncho is within reach, but some people, for whatever reason, decide to let the drops keep on falling instead of putting the poncho on.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino