Guitar and Bass Discussion - Sperg about players that inspire you, gear, share your experiences, etc.

Reynard

I regret nothing.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Finally, someone who speaks a language I understand...😄

I do miss the Klon but as I said, the Tumnus is an adequate replacement, I did consider the KTR but when I hoicked my pedal board to the shop and tried them both in situ, the Wampler just seemed to sit nicer with the other drives. I tended to use the Klon as a colouring boost for leads mixed with my TS-808 and the Horizon Devices Precision Drive. Between the three of them, some judicious amp tweaking and the volume pot(s), I found I could get every flavour of filth I needed.

I used a Joyo PXL Pro to switch them (and my other pedals) in and out in whatever combos I needed, that thing saved me so much tap dancing, between amp channel control, tuner activation and obviously, pedal switching/pairing, I can't recommend them enough, for the money.
No fuzz? How could you have no fuzz?

• Agree
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Troon Draugur

Stilgar of Troon. Facial Fremen-isation surgery
kiwifarms.net
No fuzz? How could you have no fuzz?
BPC Rangemaster, mains power modded and slightly over-volted. If you crank the everloving shit out of that and run it after a TS or similar, you get a faux fuzz that has a little more definition in the bass and sounds "squarer" (???) than most fuzzes I've tried. I liked the Bixonic Expandora for a while but fell out of love with it and traded it for a Cantrell Crybaby and an old Boss CE-3... I never really had as much use for fuzz as I thought I would, so they never stayed on my board for more than 2 or 3 gigs, mostly got dragged out for the odd session that I thought might need that particular sound.

Reynard

I regret nothing.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
BPC Rangemaster, mains power modded and slightly over-volted. If you crank the everloving shit out of that and run it after a TS or similar, you get a faux fuzz that has a little more definition in the bass and sounds "squarer" (???) than most fuzzes I've tried. I liked the Bixonic Expandora for a while but fell out of love with it and traded it for a Cantrell Crybaby and an old Boss CE-3... I never really had as much use for fuzz as I thought I would, so they never stayed on my board for more than 2 or 3 gigs, mostly got dragged out for the odd session that I thought might need that particular sound.
Fair enough. I ended up falling in love with fuzz as I started to fall in love with sludge and doom metal. I've got an old Boss FZ-2 that is one of my favorite pedals and easily my favorite fuzz. Fuzz obviously isn't for everyone, but I just love cranking a fuzz into my dirty Sunn Concert Lead. Running a fuzz into a dirty amp is like dropping Mentos into Diet Coke. I love it.

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
DOD have some great pedals. I got 90s Fuzz eariler this year for $35 that really can drive the fuzz tones. I just love buying pedals at bulk at pawnshops and small guitar stores, keeping ones I like and selling or trading ones I part. I managed to trade up on a nice guitar on guitar pedals that I bought on the cheap.

Reynard

I regret nothing.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
DOD have some great pedals. I got 90s Fuzz eariler this year for $35 that really can drive the fuzz tones. I just love buying pedals at bulk at pawnshops and small guitar stores, keeping ones I like and selling or trading ones I part. I managed to trade up on a nice guitar on guitar pedals that I bought on the cheap.
I'm a pedal collector, myself. My personal favorite is my 1978 grey box DOD 250. Put that thing in front of a dirty amp and it's magical. You can still pick up the 2013 reissues for good prices and they sound very similar, with only a slight difference. I have both. Unless you're obsessed with that pedal just get the 2013 reissue. The 90s yellow box reissue is fine but not as close. The 80s yellow box versions sound the same as the grey ones and can be found at reasonable prices for vintage pedals if you don't mind lacking an LED and a 3.5mm jack.

Tags
None