Gullible people in current year

A

AF 802

kiwifarms.net
After reading this quite obvious baitpost, and seeing the amount of people falling for it because they're so obsessed with avoiding companies who want to do some form of PC culture, it made me wonder, why do people fall for reports and online posts that aren't confirmed, or confirmed very lightly from sketchy sources, and take it as "obvious fact"? It makes me wonder whatever happened to taking the Internet with a grain of salt, instead of seeing some 4chan weirdo posting shit he supposedly saw at a company without any proof or sources to back it up and believing it as fact.

I can understand not liking some companies for their tendency to put political values that you don't favor, but I don't think that's a reason to take any story speaking harshly about that company as fact. Yeah, people are shitty, but that thread as an example, seems so poorly written I couldn't see anyone thinking how it could be real. I think people should think and see how real it really sounds before believing if it's fact or not.

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net

PsychoNerd054

Done by a thug.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Did you know Superman is going to be a troon in his next movie? I mean, fuck that.

Legend has it he's also going to be black and pansexual and is going to get a sex change in the middle of the movie, too. Those damn millennials and their political correctness, am I right?

ICametoLurk

SCREW YOUR OPTICS, I'M GOING IN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gullible people deserve what they get.

Queen Elizabeth II

Majesty/Your Majesty/Her Majesty
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't say it's a current year thing, people have always just tended to jump onto what aligns with what they believe in or hate.

If I told a die hard Republican a hundred years ago that X Democrat was a Satanic baby molester they'd probably believe it, just like the ones today hero worship that Q-Anon crap.

Wallace

kiwifarms.net
Good baitposts aren't merely lies, they're infectious lies. They need to confirm the suspicions of the reader in such a way that seems plausible, and then subtly make them want to spread it around.

People naturally want to believe sources that play to their own beliefs. They want to believe things that encourage their dreams, justify their failures, allay their fears, confirm their suspicions and help them throw rocks at their enemies. Persuasion is an interesting field to study. Ask any car salesman.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is not a new trend. The Yellow Press is a millennia old.

Daniel Dafoe tricked people into thinking that a bunch of Scottish cannibals had eaten thousands of people in a decade. Mr. Pullitzer dragged the USA into a war in Cuba and the Philippines over the Spanish attacking the USS Maine (they didn't actually do it). The Gulf War was started after Hill and Knowlton organized an ad campaign featuring the Kuwaiti diplomats daughter.

Q

QI 541

kiwifarms.net
This is not a new trend. The Yellow Press is a millennia old.

Daniel Dafoe tricked people into thinking that a bunch of Scottish cannibals had eaten thousands of people in a decade. Mr. Pullitzer dragged the USA into a war in Cuba and the Philippines over the Spanish attacking the USS Maine (they didn't actually do it). The Gulf War was started after Hill and Knowlton organized an ad campaign featuring the Kuwaiti diplomats daughter.

Thanks free speech!