Gun Sperging from the Lowtax Thread -

How is a shotgun easier to use than one of the most ubiquitous rifle platforms in the world with almost no recoil and known for its lightweight? Are you actually retarded? When was the last time you built a shotgun like an AR?
To the thread, I apologize in advance for the following spergpost, feel free to autism react.

How is a shotgun, one of the most basic and simple long-guns that is and has been the obvious personal defense firearm of choice by basically every knowledgeable person in the world for like 150 years easier to use than the AR15? Let me count the ways.

1- Spread. This alone is pretty much the nail in your dipshit coffin, but I'll continue for fun. From like 15 feet away you can hit a target like 5 feet wide. As opposed to the AR which is only going to hit the exact 6mm spot you are pointing at (and then maybe a few rooms behind that depending on the construction materials used, and ammo type).
2- Halfway decent pump shotguns are near-impossible to jam. Now tell me about your pride and joy $1500 custom AR build that never jams, which you of course disassemble, clean and lube after every 200 rounds and buy only top-of-the-line ammo. Whereas a pretty nice pump shotgun can be had for like $200 and will literally never jam with 10 cent rounds.
3- Cost. Already addressed in 2, but not only is a really nice shotgun like half the price of a mediocre to shitty AR15 (especially one built ground up from good parts), but the ammo is WAY cheaper. If you don't know about guns to the extent you would message random people on a forum for recommendations (or simply need any advice on home defense options), presumably you will need to shoot said guns to become comfortable and proficient. Ammo for an AR is going to cost $100 for like 3 or 4 magazines of shitty Russian ammo. Whereas for that price I could stroll up to Academy even in covid times and grab fucking 500 rounds of 12ga ammo.
4- Ease of use. Everybody knows how to pump a shotgun. It is borne into men like jerking off. You've seen it in movies, you've pretended to do it as a kid playing cops and robbers, and it takes no effort to teach. Inserting the magazine and pulling back the charging handle is easy to fuck up for a beginner. Anybody with more than cradle of civilization IQ will be able to figure out how a shotgun works and therefore how to clear jams and so on with ease, and without being afraid of accidentally shooting themselves.
5- Availability. Try to buy .223, 5.56 or whatever blackout or other boutique ammos you want right now, especially in town/in stock. Have fun! Now try to find shotgun ammo.
6- Most AR15s do not have a severe recoil on the scale of like a .308 or Mosin Nagant or some shit, but they do vibrate pretty violently and are not super fun for the new shooter unless the gun has a really nice recoil-reducing buttstock. Yes, a 12ga shotgun is pretty gnarly too, but it might surprise you to know that 12ga is not the only style of shotgun available. .410 shotguns are very pleasant to shoot and have less recoil than any AR I have yet to shoot, although admittedly I have only experienced maybe 10 different AR platforms. Stick a pistol grip and foregrip on a 12ga Mossberg 500 and it'll cost you like $400 for the gun, grips, and ammo and you are ready to rock and roll with minimal recoil problems.

In all my life I have never met anybody to suggest an AR15 over a shotgun for personal/home defense. So congrats on being the most uninformed gun enthusiast I have yet heard from.

Silas

Sensitivity Expert
To the thread, I apologize in advance for the following spergpost, feel free to autism react.

How is a shotgun, one of the most basic and simple long-guns that is and has been the obvious personal defense firearm of choice by basically every knowledgeable person in the world for like 150 years easier to use than the AR15? Let me count the ways.

1- Spread. This alone is pretty much the nail in your dipshit coffin, but I'll continue for fun. From like 15 feet away you can hit a target like 5 feet wide. As opposed to the AR which is only going to hit the exact 6mm spot you are pointing at (and then maybe a few rooms behind that depending on the construction materials used, and ammo type).
2- Halfway decent pump shotguns are near-impossible to jam. Now tell me about your pride and joy $1500 custom AR build that never jams, which you of course disassemble, clean and lube after every 200 rounds and buy only top-of-the-line ammo. Whereas a pretty nice pump shotgun can be had for like $200 and will literally never jam with 10 cent rounds.
3- Cost. Already addressed in 2, but not only is a really nice shotgun like half the price of a mediocre to shitty AR15 (especially one built ground up from good parts), but the ammo is WAY cheaper. If you don't know about guns to the extent you would message random people on a forum for recommendations (or simply need any advice on home defense options), presumably you will need to shoot said guns to become comfortable and proficient. Ammo for an AR is going to cost $100 for like 3 or 4 magazines of shitty Russian ammo. Whereas for that price I could stroll up to Academy even in covid times and grab fucking 500 rounds of 12ga ammo.
4- Ease of use. Everybody knows how to pump a shotgun. It is borne into men like jerking off. You've seen it in movies, you've pretended to do it as a kid playing cops and robbers, and it takes no effort to teach. Inserting the magazine and pulling back the charging handle is easy to fuck up for a beginner. Anybody with more than cradle of civilization IQ will be able to figure out how a shotgun works and therefore how to clear jams and so on with ease, and without being afraid of accidentally shooting themselves.
5- Availability. Try to buy .223, 5.56 or whatever blackout or other boutique ammos you want right now, especially in town/in stock. Have fun! Now try to find shotgun ammo.
6- Most AR15s do not have a severe recoil on the scale of like a .308 or Mosin Nagant or some shit, but they do vibrate pretty violently and are not super fun for the new shooter unless the gun has a really nice recoil-reducing buttstock. Yes, a 12ga shotgun is pretty gnarly too, but it might surprise you to know that 12ga is not the only style of shotgun available. .410 shotguns are very pleasant to shoot and have less recoil than any AR I have yet to shoot, although admittedly I have only experienced maybe 10 different AR platforms. Stick a pistol grip and foregrip on a 12ga Mossberg 500 and it'll cost you like $400 for the gun, grips, and ammo and you are ready to rock and roll with minimal recoil problems.

In all my life I have never met anybody to suggest an AR15 over a shotgun for personal/home defense. So congrats on being the most uninformed gun enthusiast I have yet heard from.
1. is complete bullshit, you might have a 2-3" spread at best at 15 feet, quit playing so many fucking video games.
2. Enjoy shortstroking while high on adrenaline
3. Up until the latest COVID panic buying 5.56/.223 was cheaper than 12ga and in better stock
4. Again, shortstroking is a big concern under stress
5. Yeah, right now things are a bit trickier for availability, but now is a strange time outside the ordinary
6. What the fuck are you even talking about

You are the dumbest motherfucker giving the worst advice (as usual) here, please stop.

1. is complete bullshit, you might have a 2-3" spread at best at 15 feet, quit playing so many fucking video games.
2. Enjoy shortstroking while high on adrenaline
3. Up until the latest COVID panic buying 5.56/.223 was cheaper than 12ga and in better stock
4. Again, shortstroking is a big concern under stress
5. Yeah, right now things are a bit trickier for availability, but now is a strange time outside the ordinary
6. What the fuck are you even talking about

You are the dumbest motherfucker giving the worst advice (as usual) here, please stop.
Hello fag, nice to see you again.

1) You have never fired a shotgun in real life. When I first did, I was shocked at how wide the spread was. If you think you're getting a 2-3 INCH spread on a normal shotgun without a choke you are insane. Yes 5ft is an exaggeration, thanks for the autism, but point being it is well over the 6mm of a .223. If anything videogames are the OPPOSITE where you can hit people across the map with a shotgun.
2) Enjoy emptying your magazine in panic, or limpwristing the firearm causing it to jam, retard.
3) No it wasn't, you are a moron.
4) As is every other issue with a firearm, who cares?
5) Availability has ALWAYS been easier for a shotgun than an AR, idiot.
6) I have taken many noobs out the range for their first time. They are always uncomfortable and really squirrely with the AR, have less trouble but don't like the power of the mossberg, and love the .410 and smaller cartridge pistols.

Nobody with a brain would recommend an AR15 over a shotgun for home defense to a noob, but then again that would explain why you would.