Guy gets banned from PSN for "hate speech", loses access to all of his digital games - In other words, always go physical.

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Vampy

kiwifarms.net
Not really surprised, this kind of bullshit was bound to happen eventually the moment they had the genius idea of letting the dangerhairs in charge of gaming. Expect an encore of this kind of history when people buy shit in Google Stadia and get banned for muh hate speech.
Just buy games on Steam if you must, they are retarded but reliable enough to not ban you for wrongthink (yet).

byuu

Non-binary they/them
kiwifarms.net
Though, I’m pretty sure most of your valve games are still tied to your HDD, not your account
Every game from Valve uses Steamworks DRM, so they do need a valid Steam session or will refuse to run.
But it's not on a console so it would be a lot easier to crack what's on your hard drive.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
It’s funny how Sony and Nintendo are basically polar opposites when it comes to digital games, with Sony all your games are tied to the account unless you activate your PS4 and don’t connect to PSN while banned, meanwhile everything on Switch will be on there forever, regardless of the status of your NNID account and will only ever be on that console unless you transfer it from one working Switch to another or retrieve the MAC Address from a broken Switch and take it up with Nintendo customer support, which many young kids/tech-illiterate parents will never know how to do. With MS, you’ll keep your games while banned from XBL, but if you want to redownlod a deleted game, you’re boned

Fuck Sony.

My account got hacked last year and the hacker ordered 2 games on my account and it charged to my PayPal. I contacted Playstation and did not get a reply so after 5 days filed a PayPal claim and got refunded. But Sony closed my Playstation account because it breached some fucking rule and I lost all my digital games.
I’d call them on the phone and explain the situation about your account or call paypal/you bank and try to force them to refund everything on the account and remove the licenses to those games

But yeah, Death Stranding is basically confirmed to be the end of my 15+ year journey with Playstation unless Sony shapes up

Last edited by a moderator:

AlephOne2Many

the late nightmare special
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuck Sony.

My account got hacked last year and the hacker ordered 2 games on my account and it charged to my PayPal. I contacted Playstation and did not get a reply so after 5 days filed a PayPal claim and got refunded. But Sony closed my Playstation account because it breached some fucking rule and I lost all my digital games.

See this is pretty Apple-tier garbage of Sony to do this shit, glad I never mained a PSN and just bought my PlayStation games physical and kept it to local and single player. It hurts Microsoft isn't that different but I don't remember if they pulled an identical stunt for wrongthink, may need to be corrected.

SmileyTimeDayCare

This is pleasure!
kiwifarms.net
Who has never shittalked in an online game?

It doesn't even matter if it is shittalk. Anything you say can be taken as some kind of affront and reported and if you get the wrong mod or it is taken out of context and looks bad you're gone.

In CS:GO I make call outs and that is it. I don't interact beyond simply saying, "3 going b" I don't even refer to them as terrorists anymore because some 'bab might take offense and report me.

I stopped buying games on Steam/Origin and I also liquidate skins as I get them in the event I get banned for some bullshit. Not going to have thousands in game and skins sitting there when some sensitive lad decides I hurt his feels.

I'm sure today I'm in the minority of their consumers but if they keep this crap up they're going to find their revenue drying up.

AlephOne2Many

the late nightmare special
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I kind of miss the days you'd get called out for being shit, screen cap and save each moment now, because it's already incredibly rare for those to happen.

MuuMuu Bunnylips

As warm and fuzzy as a duckling full of tarantulas
kiwifarms.net
This is why I pirate games - you can't take away from me something I never bought. And their laughable 'anti-piracy measures' have been crackable for at least a year - sometimes within hours.

Last edited:

DuckSucker

NIbblin' bits since 2006
kiwifarms.net
I'm sure today I'm in the minority of their consumers but if they keep this crap up they're going to find their revenue drying up.
Dude people have been whining about EA since at least 2012 and going "HAH EA got 'literal worst company award' three years in a row, lets see how they take this grave insult!" EA: "What, are you gonna NOT buy our games? Ouch though, my feels. Here's a new battlefront, idiots. We PROMISE it's different this time."

"Well, they did promise. And it's only 60 dollars and everyone else is already playing it... It's not really that big of a deal and it only happened to one guy out of 10 million or whatever." At this point everyone knows the lifespan for games is that like 3 month period where they make like 99% of sales and everyone is playing it before the base drops off, all they have to do is keep releasing a new version of the game to get people coming back. If they lose some guys in the last iteration, they run a gamble of getting them to come back with the new one and have the large possibility of getting new guys coming in, but their market is effectively a revolving door so they dont risk much by burning them in the grand scheme.

Their revenue is at risk but not so much that they would think twice, and not just fire people to make up for it.

Is it kind of wrong and stupid? Yeah. Was the dude asking for it? Kind of. Is anything going to change? Probably not.

Last edited:
U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
See this is pretty Apple-tier garbage of Sony to do this shit, glad I never mained a PSN and just bought my PlayStation games physical and kept it to local and single player. It hurts Microsoft isn't that different but I don't remember if they pulled an identical stunt for wrongthink, may need to be corrected.
With MS and bans, you’ll keep your HDD ‘s digital games, but the moment you delete something it’ll never come back. And again, Ninty is essentially the other extreme where they won’t really do anything to the games on your current console, but the approach to transferring digital games to other consoles , where you can only transfer games from one working console to another unless you have the broken console’s MAC address is antiquated as hell and would’ve been passable in like 2005, not 2017

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is why I pirate games - you can't take away from me something I never bought. And their laughable 'anti-piracy measures' have been crackable for at least a year - sometimes within hours.

Steam is only the only superpower in games selling because Gaben understood that if you make actually legally purchasing the game easier than pirating it, amazingly people will actually buy it.

If you add so much wokeshit to the process that pirating it once again becomes the easier alternative, people will go back to pirating.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
PSA to all PS4 owners (which is probably many of you given that it sold 90 million units): ACTIVATE YOUR CONSOLE NOW. THERE IS A WAY TO PREVENT THIS GUY’S FATE FROM BEING YOURS.
  1. Never keep your console in stand-by mode, it keeps it online even if it appears to be “off”
  2. Activate your console by going to (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate]. This will make digital games work offline (can only be done BEFORE you’re banned)
  3. If you get banned while you console is off, prevent it from ever signing back into your PSN, this way your “activated” console will only be relying on the cached files telling the console that your account (that isn’t signed into) is still in the clear.
  4. Never sign back into PSN on that account unless you know for certain that your account in the clear again. Easiest way to prevent it from signing back in is forcing it to not connect to any wifi or ethernet on startup

Last edited by a moderator:

griefsquirrel

kiwifarms.net
I pirate exclusively for the reason that pretty much everything I am interested in can only be gotten through services that spy on me or can otherwise restrict or thought-police me for arbitrary reasons. It might not be right even in the moral sense, but I just plain and simply don't feel like cooperating with or contributing to this. I'm old and remember when steam came around with Half Life 2 and back then I already thought this is gonna be bad. Turns out it is. Thankfully pirating stuff also has never been easier. Just look around for one of the semi-reliable warez sites or forums, get your links off them and you can download either via torrent or file hosting service like mega. Using a VPN is probably wise, depending on where you are. With today's broadband connections, I have downloaded the average game or movie inside of twenty minutes if it's popular and I don't even have a fast connection. (I am old enough remembering the times where that shit would hold up your phone line for a week at nights, sometimes waking up to my 56k modem dialing in to start the downloads)

Patches and mods are sometimes a bit more of an hassle but still very doable. Piracy is very alive and well. It also helps that I don't give a shit about online gaming. I also love the cases where some copy protection or other fucks with the actual customers and I get away with zero problems.

Also Steam completely ruined the industry by turning it into a popularity and PR contest. I always hear "b-but the indies, so creative!" and yeah.. most games have barely any content or rip each other off. Tons of them are also completely cookie cutter, designed to go viral and be a quick sell and not much else. Also I don't know, but a real company complete with corporate office and marketing deparment (the ones taking the majority of the pie) aren't really "indies" in my view just because they skip on an distributor for physical copies you don't really need these days. An indie for me is the lone wolf developer that programs the game in his bedroom, and 99% of that stuff is garbage.

Genuinely good indie games are still as rare as ever and I feel most of the industry is held up by advertising, government grants and people with poor impulse control, and yeah I just don't want to contribute my money to it, even if I could. Fuck 'em.

R

RG 448

kiwifarms.net
So he agreed to the terms of service
Then violated the terms of service
By being racist

Where’s the problem?
PSA to all PS4 owners (which is probably many of you given that it sold 90 million units): ACTIVATE YOUR CONSOLE NOW. THERE IS A WAY TO PREVENT THIS GUY’S FATE FROM BEING YOURS.
  1. Never keep your console in stand-by mode, it keeps it online even if it appears to be “off”
  2. Activate your console by going to (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate]. This will make digital games work offline
  3. If you get banned while you console is off, prevent it from ever signing back into your PSN, this way your “activated” console will only be relying on the cached files telling the console that your account (that isn’t signed into) is still in the clear.
  4. Never sign back into PSN on that account unless you know for certain that your account in the clear again. Easiest way to prevent it from signing back in is forcing it to not connect to any wifi or ethernet on startup
That’s cool but not being racist only takes a single step.

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
  2. Activate your console by going to (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate]. This will make digital games work offline
But then how can I redpill people about the 6 gorillion and call anyone who doesn't like it an SJW nigger-faggot on Fortnite and Minecraft?

CIA Nigger

Not a fed, just a random object on the street.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm genuinely not shocked this happened when digital stores have a habit of shutting down and taking all your products with them. Too bad gamers decided they'd rather have deep discounts (which went away somewhat once digital went mainstream) and the ability to get games now without having to get off the couch over owning a physical copy that can't get nuked when the platform owners say it can.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
But then how can I redpill people about the 6 gorillion and call anyone who doesn't like it an SJW nigger-faggot on Fortnite and Minecraft?
If you’re banned from PSN, you probably just got done singing moonman songs over the Street Fighter 5 voicechat anyway