Guy gets banned from PSN for "hate speech", loses access to all of his digital games - In other words, always go physical.

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Ambidextype

Rubbing hand intensifies
kiwifarms.net
From what I have seen, I think I could never trust a tech corporation that's headquartered in California. It seems they are bound to screw with your private data. Worst of all, when they get caught redhanded messing with consumers, they defend themselves with typical corporate speak.

CIA Nigger

Not a fed, just a random object on the street.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ten years ago, you called people niggerfaggots to get playful rises out of them. People thought it was funny or they ignored it. The person you would call a niggerfaggot would spend the entire game trying to hunt you down and kill you so they could call you something worse in the lobby once the game ended. That was the ebb and flow of gaming in the last generation; say some stupid shit, piss a few people off, and then it was forgotten.

Gaming fucking sucks
What I don't get is why he got a 7 day ban and lost his games. Back in the day you'd just get a global mute or the infamous "Code of Conduct" Xbox bio, but you wouldn't lose your games.

In fact back in 2009 Microsoft infamously revoked the ability for banned 360s (due to game piracy) to rip games, connect to Media Center Extenders, or even reuse the same gamertag file and save files on other Xbox consoles. Microsoft silently re-enabled almost all of those features after backlash in a update. It's one thing to ban people from playing online for a few days for being speds or to even mute them at least but it's a whole different ballgame to make them lose their games.

Jace E. Denton

Apprentice Asshole
kiwifarms.net
i thought it was common sense that you hide your power level on digital services. this shit has been happening for years whether you like it or not.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
i thought it was common sense that you hide your power level on digital services. this shit has been happening for years whether you like it or not.
True, but getting several hundreds of dollars worth of shit permanently revoked is not a nice though

Jace E. Denton

Apprentice Asshole
kiwifarms.net
well they just revoked his online access, right? he's still able to play them offline single player i thought, maybe i misread. i don't agree with it but it is what it is and sony knows not enough people will raise a fuss probably, there simply aren't enough people that are gonna eat these types of bans.

these are the times we live in, companies are willing to really fuck over a few people to try to set examples because they're afraid of the leftist mob on social media. you can call them spineless bullies all you want, but they're never gonna be on 'our' side as long as there is a twitter mob ready to run them through the wringer anytime someone gets called a nigger on their services.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
well they just revoked his online access, right? he's still able to play them offline single player i thought, maybe i misread. i don't agree with it but it is what it is and sony knows not enough people will raise a fuss probably, there simply aren't enough people that are gonna eat these types of bans.

these are the times we live in, companies are willing to really fuck over a few people to try to set examples because they're afraid of the leftist mob on social media. you can call them spineless bullies all you want, but they're never gonna be on 'our' side as long as there is a twitter mob ready to run them through the wringer anytime someone gets called a nigger on their services.
No, he lost access to his games. How offline digital games work on PSN is they go off of the cached memory of your last login (for better or worse these cached files don’t go away), so if the cache on his PS4 says he is banned, it’ll translate over to his digital games. I wrote a guide earlier telling people how not end up like him. https://kiwifarms.net/threads/guy-g...o-all-of-his-digital-games.55637/post-4608845
The worst part about all this is people who use Sony products have no legal remedy if the silicon valley inquisition decides to purge you. Because lol, you sign an arbitration agreement the moment you turn your fucking PS4 on and connect to the network. It's how Google managed to slither away from James Damore.

People need to realize that corporations have figured out how to use contract law to escape liability for their shenanigans. We need a constitutional amendment that allows for petition to the judiciary as a right.
And like I said earlier, there’s roughly 85+ million people who own PS4s, Xbone has barely even sold half as many units and your average normie or poorfag (like me) probably doesn’t want to bother to sell their PS4 and get a gaming PC because gaming is on the bottom rung of their priority list compared to shit like paying bills or not getting fucking fired

Last edited by a moderator:

Deadpool

Demon Prince of Patriarchy.
Deceased
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Makes me glad I own an xbone, don't play online games (except for a friends only game on ARK), and only call people nigger faggots on kiwifarms.

I will admit I like the ease of buying digitally, so I own about 50% digital 50% physical. I figure it's a crap shoot, because every system I've owned the disc drive fucked up first. So which ever happens (if either) I'm covered.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
Makes me glad I own an xbone, don't play online games (except for a friends only game on ARK), and only call people nigger faggots on kiwifarms.

I will admit I like the ease of buying digitally, so I own about 50% digital 50% physical. I figure it's a crap shoot, because every system I've owned the disc drive fucked up first. So which ever happens (if either) I'm covered.
Like I said earlier, on Xbone, you won’t lose your installed games if banned, you’ll just lose the right to install other shit from the store and reinstall games that got deleted, but other accounts on the system can redownload them. Shows it all here https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-5 http://archive.fo/C0S60

And I don’t even have PS+, the only multiplayer games I play are local MP ones, mainly fighters and the ocassional coop shooter like Earth Defense Force. Even on online capable games I own like GTA, Soulsbornes, and MHW, I play solo. I just don't personally like playing multiplayer with anyone other than a friend or an acquaintance, it just feels awkward to me otherwise

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
The funniest part about this is that it’s easy to avoid this kind of thing. If you really MUST be an asshole in online games, create a second account to play them on. As long as your main is the primary on a PS4 and that account has Plus, all accounts on that machine can use all the games owned by the primary and play online.

Of course, the simplest solution is just not to act like an asshole, but gamers always have a problem with that one, especially the autistics who play on PCs.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The funniest part about this is that it’s easy to avoid this kind of thing. If you really MUST be an asshole in online games, create a second account to play them on. As long as your main is the primary on a PS4 and that account has Plus, all accounts on that machine can use all the games owned by the primary and play online.

Of course, the simplest solution is just not to act like an asshole, but gamers always have a problem with that one, especially the autistics who play on PCs.
Does this extend to DLC and other shit? I've thought about making a second account for specific things but I didn't want to lose access to all my DLC, themes, and avatars from my PS3 and PS4.

I know trophies are account only still and can't be transferred through official means.

autism420

neg rate me = u admit to being a fagit cuck nerd ߷
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
why is anyone remotely surprised at this lol

I

IN 041

kiwifarms.net
(((Games as a service)))
hqmerchant.png