Guys drawing really muscular men- gay or wish fulfillment? -

Senior Lexmechanic

Shitposting displeases the Omnissiah
kiwifarms.net
If enjoying part 2's designs and art makes me gay then I am ready to taste the rainbow. Is Araki gay or does he just really likes drawing jacked pretty dudes?

From an artistic standpoint many people draw what they know, so naturally a man would understand the male body better than he would a woman's. Look at Boris Vallejo for example, yes he paints some extremely sexy women but his men are made out of God and Damn.
Araki is married, but rumors of bisexual tendencies have circulated in Japan for over 20 years. On a more practical level, his characters often have a homoerotic appearance, especially after part 4, due to his passion for the fashion industry (with many characters having their physical appearances traced from runway models at shows Araki has attended). This is also why many characters in the series dress so flamboyantly: Araki borrows from the world of high fashion to create immediately distinctive looks for each character. The man was even given his own limited line by Gucchi.

FierceBrosnan

Still 100% Vampire, don't ever think otherwise.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Araki is married, but rumors of bisexual tendencies have circulated in Japan for over 20 years. On a more practical level, his characters often have a homoerotic appearance, especially after part 4, due to his passion for the fashion industry (with many characters having their physical appearances traced from runway models at shows Araki has attended). This is also why many characters in the series dress so flamboyantly: Araki borrows from the world of high fashion to create immediately distinctive looks for each character. The man was even given his own limited line by Gucchi.
I remember the Gucci line that shit was neat. I don't think anyone would be surprised if the man swung both ways.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
It's probably for the same reason why it is women like to draw beautiful women as much as the men, it's wish-fulfillment, but also to appeal to society's standards of beauty (which does change with the times).

Now guys drawing muscular women are just degenerates insecure with their own looks and perhaps legit fetishize about being dominated by women physically stronger than them.

Monolith

doot Doot Doot Doot DOOT Doot doot doo-Doot
kiwifarms.net
If enjoying part 2's designs and art makes me gay then I am ready to taste the rainbow. Is Araki gay or does he just really likes drawing jacked pretty dudes?

From an artistic standpoint many people draw what they know, so naturally a man would understand the male body better than he would a woman's. Look at Boris Vallejo for example, yes he paints some extremely sexy women but his men are made out of God and Damn.

Sexy indeed.

howyadoin

cool cat from a bland show
kiwifarms.net
It's probably for the same reason why it is women like to draw beautiful women as much as the men, it's wish-fulfillment, but also to appeal to society's standards of beauty (which does change with the times).
I think non-straight women tend to emphasize the woman's body and make them pose like pin-up models while straight women tend to emphasize the face and emotions.

Anyway, maybe you can distinguish a gay man's drawing of a buff man from a straight man's based on his pose. If the man is revealing a lot of skin (more than your typical male) and is posing for the sake of posing, there's a good chance that the artist is not straight.

Permuto

kiwifarms.net
Just cause you want to draw beautiful and aesthetically pleasing things, doesn't mean you want to fuck them. If you have someone always drawing landscapes of a tropical paradise, it doesn't mean they want to fuck the tropical paradise, or someone always painting animals doesn't mean they're secretly a zoophile. Sometimes it does though. There's going to be people who fixate on things that turn them on, and people who fixate on things that just look pleasing in a platonic way. Sometimes it's both, and it can be sexually pleasing and beautifully aesthetic at the same time.
Whether a dude gets turned on by drawing other muscular men or not is his business and you usually can't tell unless it's really obvious (like someone going out of their way to focus on sexual areas of the body).

crocodilian

K. K. K. Rool
kiwifarms.net
I like drawing them. Muscular men have a lot of huge curves and bulges, which makes them fun to draw and funny to look at. My avatar here is a good example.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino