Half Life Alyx and Boneworks - The two VR games that dare to be different. Okay maybe just one, but still. AKA Floop’s shill thread.

Is VR the big gay?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bean Cheese

kiwifarms.net
Two SteamVR Home environments are out and they're fantastic.

One is a series of City 17 alleyways and a small childrens' park. The other is Russell's lab, the other NPC you see in the trailer. City 17 was beautiful, the citadel is noticeably bigger than previous installments, but the lab was a lot more interesting, featuring unstable prototypes of the Gravity Gloves (which have blown off the hands of many mannequins), Combine food rations (water-flavored), and a frozen headcrab?

Runs fairly smoothly as well, although I had some strange FPS drops near the bushes.

Last edited:

Floop

I, Scout, humbly present a toast to Miss Pauling!
kiwifarms.net
Two SteamVR Home environments are out and they're fantastic.

One is a series of City 17 alleyways and a small childrens' park. The other is Russell's lab, the other NPC you see in the trailer. City 17 was beautiful, the citadel is noticeably bigger than previous installments, but the lab was a lot more interesting, featuring unstable prototypes of the Gravity Gloves (which have blown off the hands of many mannequins), Combine food rations (water-flavored), and a frozen headcrab?
I love all the background objects. I love the computer that’s running windows 98. The VHS tapes are also a nice touch.
046650D9-1AF4-41F5-A5CD-3E9BE9CED4E7.jpeg

Oh, sorry, I mean AHS. I love when games have real world products but the names are slightly different.
E7E7D5FC-6DC0-4F77-8615-D37A00B82C06.jpeg

My boy is back!

Reactions: GnomeofDoc

GaddafyTheLooneyDuck

How to know if cheese is Swiss? Neutral taste
kiwifarms.net
Really disappointing that after so much wait the new Half-Life we get is VR-only. Even more disappointing if future games will be VR-only too if there will be any. Still looks like a fine game however, at least for VR.

Last edited:

Floop

kiwifarms.net
The index is back in stock.
37E84A72-10AA-49F1-9B1C-401381B51054.jpeg

Jesus Christ those wait times

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
One thing that really fucking astounded me is that the citadel is no longer a 3d skybox (Does Source 2 even support them anymore?). They can just put giant fully modelled ps2 rpg dungeon models in the background of scenes now.

Floop

kiwifarms.net
I just found this video where some guy rants for half an hour about how Half Life 2 is a bad sequel and how it’s not as good as the original. He does make some good points, but he just explains them so obnoxiously.
Something tells me he probably wouldn’t like where the franchise is currently headed.

Last edited:
  • Autistic
Reactions: DanteAlighieri

xr95

pEoPlE aRe DyInG!
kiwifarms.net
Are you afraid that they run out of digital downloads?
No, I saw the reviews for Doom Eternal and said 'fuck it'. I was intending on sharing my experience with Alyx with a friend who picked up DOOM eternal. But the lusty call of Doom 64 broke me.

YourMommasBackstory

Gosh, I hope I’m safe it this suit!
kiwifarms.net
Looking at my state of finances, no VR set for me in next few years at least :c
I just hope my friends, who own VR set, will get the game so I could bring them some beer so they allow me to play for some time.
Those gameplay videos got me exited like a kid on christmas.

xr95

pEoPlE aRe DyInG!
kiwifarms.net
Looking at my state of finances, no VR set for me in next few years at least :c
I just hope my friends, who own VR set, will get the game so I could bring them some beer so they allow me to play for some time.
Those gameplay videos got me exited like a kid on christmas.
I would recommend trying to find a Windows Mixed Reality headset, they're cheap used. I got mine at MC for 150 dosh and I like it a lot.

• Informative
Reactions: YourMommasBackstory
Tags
None