Half Life Alyx and Boneworks - The two VR games that dare to be different. Okay maybe just one, but still. AKA Floop’s shill thread.

Is VR the big gay?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bean Cheese

kiwifarms.net
Why would I buy it just for a single game?
There's a shitload of good games for VR that are worth a shot. It's just that VR itself is still relatively new and nowhere near as advertised as it should be, something that Alyx hopes to spark. As the title states - Boneworks is a good example. It doesn't have a great story but the physics are top-of-the-line.
Like Guitar Hero? You've got Beatsaber, with its custom mods/levels. There's also Audioshield, which is more or less dead now, but it has an algorithm similar to Audiosurf that generates tracks on-the-fly based on what local music files you feed it.
Like Zuma? Try out Zooma, A VR equivalent that adds an extra degree of difficulty.
Like Counterstrike? Try Pavlov.
What about puzzle games? You've got a bunch here. One notable upcoming game is The Room: A Dark Matter, a VR sequel to The Room puzzle series. I Expect You To Die is a James Bond-like puzzle game that works great, too.
Zombies? The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners. Nice and meaty, every weapon feels like it has a proper weight and you're thrown into very realistic environments. There's also Arizona Sunshine, I haven't tried it yet but it was one of the earlier VR titles.
Sims? Try VTOL VR, a military flight simulator. Probably the only game to ever give me VR sickness but fuck if it isn't fun.

You get the point. I'd suggest anyone get a cheap WMR kit, like the Samsung Odyssey+, and at least give it a shot

TenMilesWide

It's a communist plot!
kiwifarms.net
Why would I buy it just for a single game?
Basically, because it's not gonna stay "just for a single game" for long. Be it new releases on the horizon or something that fits your interests buried somewhere in the steam store flying under the radar, there's neat shit for pretty much anyone.

I got VR for just one game, thought I wouldn't be interested in anything else. That didn't last long.

• Agree
Reactions: Bean Cheese

Bean Cheese

kiwifarms.net
Tyler McVicker, grain of salt etc, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Mazinkaiser

kiwifarms.net
Tyler McVicker, grain of salt etc, but I wouldn't be surprised.
I've been looking all over for any semblance of a spoiler and haven't found shit. Tyler's just being a bitch.
1584831764017.png

JongleJingle

kiwifarms.net
Man, still kinda hard to believe a new Half Life is coming after all these years in a matter of hours. Thank goodness I have a headset, but I do still feel bad about the folks that can't play the game. I do hope that if Valve continues the series after Alyx that they make the next one flat supported too, but for now I'll take what I can get.

Also, mods for this game are gonna be fuckin' GREAT. I can just tell.

• Feels
Reactions: BrunoMattei

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
I've been looking all over for any semblance of a spoiler and haven't found shit. Tyler's just being a bitch.
View attachment 1197531
Sounds like a power tripping fag.
I hope people ram spoilers up that cunt's ass the rest of his life.
It's no secret that the "valve community" basically consists of reddit and trannys.
This shit is even better than the obvious BS people were feeding him that he reported on for YEARS.

JongleJingle

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1197531
I liked him when he was proven right, but now he's acting like a power tripping faggot.

Also, lol at him thinking he has fucking power over THAT many valve communities. Bruh, you've been chasing rumours for so damn long and got proven right ONCE. Just accept that shit is gonna be leaked.

Tags
None