Half Life Alyx - Half Life, the VR Pre-Sequel

Is VR the big gay?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
If there’s a reference to kitty0706 as graffiti on a wall or something this will be the game of the century.
View attachment 1028906
Valve you’ve done some stupid things in the past but if you put this on a wall in the game all of those shitty decisions will be washed away.

I'm still fucking upset. I watched Mass Defect a million times when I was a dumb kid because it was so fucking good and it gave me mega autism and I wouldn't want it any other way.

WhoBusTank69

kiwifarms.net
You know VR is used for hazardous/medical training, right? HP released a VR headset this year primarily for OSHA safety. VR is a 3 billion industry, you can use it for a lot of things.
It's just an easy method of - by way of the "Wow" factor - inflating the budget, attracting employees, and intimidating other companies.
Imagine seeing some idiot with a VR headset on preparing to learn about workplace safety; you want that job, that job is cool because they use videogames to teach you not to bump your head. This is the future!

And then when you're on the job you forget all about it because even real-life training doesn't readily prepare you for the shit you'll be going through.

xr95

pEoPlE aRe DyInG!
kiwifarms.net
It's just an easy method of - by way of the "Wow" factor - inflating the budget, attracting employees, and intimidating other companies.
Imagine seeing some idiot with a VR headset on preparing to learn about workplace safety; you want that job, that job is cool because they use videogames to teach you not to bump your head. This is the future!

And then when you're on the job you forget all about it because even real-life training doesn't readily prepare you for the shit you'll be going through.
VR helps with cognitive recognition when it comes to identify workplace hazards. Don't downplay the importance of it just because you're salty about a game being VR exclusive.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I were to get a VR setup and HL Alyx sucked, I think it would be a simple matter for me to plug that VR headset into all the flight sim games and never come out into reality again.

xr95

pEoPlE aRe DyInG!
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I'm totally going to buy VR because of one game and some workplace shit I'm never going to do.
There are a ton of games for VR, hell even the devs who made spoyderman made a VR game called stormlands, which I heard is great. Look I get it if you spent too much on PC and that is fine, but have you played a actual VR game?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Floop

Floop

🎵As I flog, my knob, to the J Crew catalog!🎵
kiwifarms.net
Boneworks releases next week. Game looks pretty tight.

Coolio55

kiwifarms.net
Another potential avenue for VR gaming is proper Wii emulation. That's pretty much your best lot tho.

xr95

pEoPlE aRe DyInG!
kiwifarms.net
Why do you need VR for Wii emulation?
If you want waggling, you can already use the original Wii controllers on the PC.
I think what he is saying is true 1:1 aiming in a immersive environment. But that is a bad ideas, due to the nature of how Wii aiming works

Coolio55

kiwifarms.net
Why do you need VR for Wii emulation?
If you want waggling, you can already use the original Wii controllers on the PC.
I know, but getting and maintaining hardware from 2008 (as to include the motionplus) is a pain in the ass. Especially the fucking batteries.

E: Rn I'm looking around the storage room to find controllers for a system I last played on like 7 years ago and I can't find the nunchucks or motionplus. This is fucking torture.

E: Found the nunchucks in a cupboard in a different room I havent looked in since around 2010. I'm sure I've seen the motionplus SOMEWHERE in the same spot for ages but I can't find it.

E: Still can't find the fucking motionplus. Might even have to order a new one.

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: Floop
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino