Halo: Master Chief Collection is being ported to PC -

Sigma

Eighteen Inches
kiwifarms.net

Inside Xbox just announced it. They're going to be releasing Reach first.
Opens the door for mods and proper aiming as well as having 3 and Reach on PC at last.

Last edited:

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think this is one of those instances where the AAA scene got a proper course correction, I always thought 343i reinvigorated working on the MCC was a build up to this PC release. Reach got way too much hate in my opinion, it was one of the wealthiest content-wise and I had more fun in ways than I did with Halo 3 (I still love to this day, mind you, but more for the campaign and Forge). So essentially five games in the series are out on PC now. This is amazing.

Last edited:

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if the Halo 2 and 3 bootleg online scenes helped show that there was an audience for this sort of thing.
It's a combination of this and a wake-up call to the Master Chief Collections utter shitshow of a release, being downright broken, and introducing game-breaking flaws that were never there before. It was a valiant effort, but sure as hell needed more time than what the shareholders could dictate without it being a crippled mess. I am honestly glad Microsoft took the high road here and let 343i regain control of the MCC as Halo: Infinite is coming down the pipeline. I doubt many will be as excited for Infinite as they would be for Halo 1-3 being released on PC, oh and holy fuck was the demand for Halo 3 on the PC IMMENSE. It was as much of a meme as Half-Life 3 was for Valve.

CIA Nigger

"IT'S NOT A FETISH MOM"
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if the Halo 2 and 3 bootleg online scenes helped show that there was an audience for this sort of thing.
Project Cartographer was more or less a "private server" for Halo 2 PC because Microsoft pulled the servers one day for it. Halo 2 Vista was also a trash fire since the map editor was gimped, it required Windows Vista, and Games for Windows Live was actually a paid service at first. It got thrown under the bus by the Halo community (and especially the mod community) not long after it came out.

Now El Dewrito likely is what convinced Microsoft there was an audience for it. For a few days it was insanely popular on Twitch, everyone and their grandmother was downloading it, and even after Microsoft made them shut it down (due to their use of a beta of a unreleased Halo online game as the base) I did hear word that Microsoft did get in contact with notable Halo modders including some of the developers of these mods (specifically El Dewrito). After El Dewrito shut down there were strong rumors that Microsoft was in fact going to port Halo 3 to the PC because of this, even if that rumor was as old as Half Life 3. Halo 3 running in Xenia also caused people to notice that 360 emulator existed as well.

Then again as someone who got burnt with the initial release of the MCC I'd wait a bit before buying it and I definitely would not preorder it.

The Last Stand

kiwifarms.net
And a Steam release rather than being segregated to the MS Store? That's a smart move, considering Halo 2 was shackled to Vista. Will it use the same build as the Xbox One or use the PC ports of Halos 1 and 2? And cross platform play? Happy for Halo fans.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
I do wonder if at any point Microsoft will decide to port GoW1 to steam or least the whole trilogy.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
kiwifarms.net
GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME!

The best part about this is that I can now chose what kind of controller I want to play the game with, be it mouse and keyboard (on a Xbone shooter? Nigger, please) or my current favorite, the PS4 controller. Never really liked the 360 controller much, I always felt like it lacked versatility and, well, the PS4 controller is just a smoother experience with PC shooters. I've always wanted to play Halo on a superior machine than your average console as well.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino