Halo: Master Chief Collection is being ported to PC -

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
kiwifarms.net
It's a combination of this and a wake-up call to the Master Chief Collections utter shitshow of a release, being downright broken, and introducing game-breaking flaws that were never there before. It was a valiant effort, but sure as hell needed more time than what the shareholders could dictate without it being a crippled mess. I am honestly glad Microsoft took the high road here and let 343i regain control of the MCC as Halo: Infinite is coming down the pipeline. I doubt many will be as excited for Infinite as they would be for Halo 1-3 being released on PC, oh and holy fuck was the demand for Halo 3 on the PC IMMENSE. It was as much of a meme as Half-Life 3 was for Valve.
Weird, I always thought I was in the minority in thinking Halo 3 was fucking awesome since everyone beats off to Halo 2 so much.

Reactions: Apoth42

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Weird, I always thought I was in the minority in thinking Halo 3 was fucking awesome since everyone beats off to Halo 2 so much.
You may be paying more attention than it's worth to the competitive community.

It's not as caustic as others but... Wow, that dick waving contest for the least amount of incremental "hand holding"...

Last edited:

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
kiwifarms.net
As a member of the masterrace I've never played Halo, so this might just be a way to try it.
Just from a gameplay and functionality point of view, it's the best shooter I've ever played. Other shooter games demand little of you in terms of player performance, in that you pump ammo into something to kill it, and while you can do that shit in lower difficulties, planning and weapon management and enemy weaknesses actually matter when you get into heroic, legendary and mythic. Most people don't know that headshots actually matter when fighting flood-forms, you just have to aim for the algae looking shit feeding out of their faces.

Rivalo

kiwifarms.net
I never cared for Halo, but am glad the fans and PC players that were interested are getting this. My only question now is...

Will this be playable on 7/8.1, or exclusive to 10? The release on Steam makes it seem like the former, since Steam is compatible with all OSs, but Microsoft is scummy enough to push Steam to host UWP stuff that's exclusive to 10. Hell you can't even get it on Mac/Linux, and you need an Xbox Live account as well:

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Halo is okay I guess but I never understood the point of it because both Counter Strike and Unreal Tournament were already out.
Counter Strike isn't an arena shooter though. Compared to UT or Quake, Quake fans use to give a lot of shit to CS players back in the days. lol

Reactions: Apoth42

Doc Cassidy

Notorious Bum Driller
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Counter Strike isn't an arena shooter though. Compared to UT or Quake, Quake fans use to give a lot of shit to CS players back in the days. lol
Exactly, everything was covered except for Battle Royale. Actually, I kind of hope they make the new Halo a battle royale game, I'd probably actually play it as long as it's free.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Tahoma and Apoth42

Visitor

Owner of The Universe, the CIA and Great Britain
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
forgettable story draft
I will never forget what could have been, what almost was :(

Will this be playable on 7/8.1, or exclusive to 10?
This is the thing to watch for, I highly suspect windows 10 exclusivity. Microsoft has always used Halo as an incentive for people to choose their platform, Windows 7 still has a very strong install base and Microsoft is no doubt less than satisfied with that.

CIA Nigger

"IT'S NOT A FETISH MOM"
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
halo's initial succes was due to its campaign. multiplayer popularity only came with halo2. both of those titles were strictly multiplayer focused and not really popular on consoles.
Halo 1 did have splitscreen though along with system link. LAN tunnelers became popular for playing Halo 1 online despite the extreme latency due to the fact it's LAN mode was literally only a LAN mode with lockstep networking, and Halo PC is still played a bit to this day.

W00K #17

Boy Man God Shiiiit
kiwifarms.net
Halo 3 was fucking awesome as well. Reach was a dope game to. That series should have ended when bungie stopped being involved.

The thing about halo 2 over 3 was that 2 was a literal game changer with xbox live.

Imagine you're a kid, you and your friends love blowing each others heads off in goldeneye, medal of honor, etc. But all you've ever gotten to play is 4 player split screen matches. Maybe if you were lucky you had enough nerd friends to play halo 1 on system link.

If you were PC master race youd been playing doom and CS for years, but many console kiddies didnt have that chance.

Then halo 2 and xbox live arrive on the scene, and on a console there had never been anything like it. All of a sudden after only ever playing 4 player SS you can play 8 vs 8 blood gulch matches on demand from your couch.

this was the era where I still loved gaming, and halo 2 was a high water mark on the industry.

Last edited:

EurocopterTigre

Proud Attack Helicopter Dog
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Man 2019 just keeps getting better. Now I can play through the franchise without having to dig out my 360.

Ali della Fenice

Tigrotto mafioso
kiwifarms.net
I will never forget what could have been, what almost was :(

This is the thing to watch for, I highly suspect windows 10 exclusivity. Microsoft has always used Halo as an incentive for people to choose their platform, Windows 7 still has a very strong install base and Microsoft is no doubt less than satisfied with that.
it's not set in stone. for example the steam version of killer instinct works on windows7 too.

Halo 1 did have splitscreen though along with system link. LAN tunnelers became popular for playing Halo 1 online despite the extreme latency due to the fact it's LAN mode was literally only a LAN mode with lockstep networking, and Halo PC is still played a bit to this day.
yeah, I know, I played halo1 multi sometimes with friends but, it's indeniable that true popularity came with halo2 on xbox live, in regards to that.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino