Halo: Master Chief Collection is being ported to PC -

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
kiwifarms.net
This is the thing to watch for, I highly suspect windows 10 exclusivity. Microsoft has always used Halo as an incentive for people to choose their platform, Windows 7 still has a very strong install base and Microsoft is no doubt less than satisfied with that.
Then they should try making a satisfactory OS sometime.

tyjc

kiwifarms.net
This is the thing to watch for, I highly suspect windows 10 exclusivity. Microsoft has always used Halo as an incentive for people to choose their platform, Windows 7 still has a very strong install base and Microsoft is no doubt less than satisfied with that.
DirectX 12 is being backported to Windows 7 so it's looking more likely that MCC won't be W10 exclusive.

Last edited:

tyjc

kiwifarms.net
I never owned an Xbox before in my life but I really wanted to play Halo. I can't just buy a system just to play one game, you know?

This news is exciting because it means I can actually try the series out without having to spend more money on a console I'll never use.
They are stupidly releasing Reach first for some reason. If it's your first time with series make sure you play 1-3 first, then ODST, then Reach, then 4 (i.e original release order)

Don't start with Reach, its a very contentious game and may ruin your experience.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
They are stupidly releasing Reach first for some reason. If it's your first time with series make sure you play 1-3 first, then ODST, then Reach, then 4 (i.e original release order)

Don't start with Reach, its a very contentious game and may ruin your experience.
I wasn't planning on that. I'm the kind of nerd who plays games in order anyway.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
how the fuck did steam manage to pull this off when they couldn't even get halo wars 2?
I have a theory on this. It's known that the gaming division at Microsoft is a budgeted division that needs to make a certain amount of money per year. I'm speculating that gaming division has been slipping in terms of money and that this was something they were holding back on doing until they really needed to.

The reason I think this was because there was a rumor a few years ago that Microsoft was bringing the MCC to Steam. There was even a Steam DB entry for it at the time with "Halo" in the title but it never happened. I'd speculate that at the time the gaming division wasn't doing too well either but they reconsidered.

CIA Nigger

"IT'S NOT A FETISH MOM"
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a theory on this. It's known that the gaming division at Microsoft is a budgeted division that needs to make a certain amount of money per year. I'm speculating that gaming division has been slipping in terms of money and that this was something they were holding back on doing until they really needed to.

The reason I think this was because there was a rumor a few years ago that Microsoft was bringing the MCC to Steam. There was even a Steam DB entry for it at the time with "Halo" in the title but it never happened. I'd speculate that at the time the gaming division wasn't doing too well either but they reconsidered.
The whole El Dewrito shitstorm helped. More people were playing El Dewrito than official Halo titles on the Xbox One including the MCC, simply because a ton of people who had nostalgia for older Halo titles wanted to play it on their PC and didn't want to spend money for XBL on the 360/One or on a console for one game. The top streamers on Twitch were playing El Dewrito as well and it outdid Halo 5 and the MCC in stream views.

Plus the Halo franchise has been in decline for some time ever since Halo 4 was a total flop (it released literally a week before Black Ops 2 did) and the MCC pissed off tons of diehard Halo fans. I wouldn't be shocked if Halo Infinite doesn't do so well if it isn't a "return to form" for the series after the MCC comes out on PC.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
The whole El Dewrito shitstorm helped. More people were playing El Dewrito than official Halo titles on the Xbox One including the MCC, simply because a ton of people who had nostalgia for older Halo titles wanted to play it on their PC and didn't want to spend money for XBL on the 360/One or on a console for one game. The top streamers on Twitch were playing El Dewrito as well and it outdid Halo 5 and the MCC in stream views.

Plus the Halo franchise has been in decline for some time ever since Halo 4 was a total flop (it released literally a week before Black Ops 2 did) and the MCC pissed off tons of diehard Halo fans. I wouldn't be shocked if Halo Infinite doesn't do so well if it isn't a "return to form" for the series after the MCC comes out on PC.
Bear in mind also El Dewrito was based on a game Microsoft was planning to release called Halo Online. It was going to be a Russia exclusive Halo game. It was just Halo 3’s multiplayer with Halo 4 assets. And it was cancelled. There’s been a lot of speculation as to why Microsoft chose to make it Russia exclusive and why they cancelled it. I have a feeling it had to do with Halo 5 and not wanting to draw attention away from it.

Which indicates that most likely Microsoft is not keen on how well Halo 6 will do financially so they wanna release it on both PC and Xbox One. And the only way to get PC players interested is through the MCC collection.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
Epic's Store: We will kill Steam with indies

Steam: dududuDUUUUUU dududuDUUUUUUN
Juries still out on that. Whether or not this collection sells well highly depends on if Microsoft bothers to optimize it. And they haven't had the best track record with that. If they just put it up and it runs like crap it won't do gangbusters.

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
kiwifarms.net

Inside Xbox just announced it. They're going to be releasing Reach first.
Opens the door for mods and proper aiming as well as having 3 and Reach on PC at last.
FPS where mousetracking is a giant advantage
I hope it has crossplay so I can dunk on Xbox players.

Halo is okay I guess but I never understood the point of it because both Counter Strike and Unreal Tournament were already out.
Halo is just the casual couch counterpart to UT IMO.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino