Halo: Master Chief Collection is being ported to PC -

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
kiwifarms.net
Xbox has mouse and keyboard support now.
Surely nobody actually uses a m+kb on their xbone though? I've never seen anyone use one on a console bar the occasional fighting game where they were more comfortable on keyboard.

tyjc

kiwifarms.net
Surely nobody actually uses a m+kb on their xbone though? I've never seen anyone use one on a console bar the occasional fighting game where they were more comfortable on keyboard.
I think Gears of War 4 worked by only matching you with people that had the same input device. I wont be surprised if they do the same thing here. i.e. controllers only play with controllers, M&K only with M&K.

Xarpho

kiwifarms.net
The talk of Xbone being "obsolete" really speaks to how terrible consoles are now. Back in the 1990s, a console could release its biggest game on the PC (Sonic the Hedgehog, FFVII) and the consoles still had a huge market.

Sigma

Eighteen Inches
kiwifarms.net
The talk of Xbone being "obsolete" really speaks to how terrible consoles are now. Back in the 1990s, a console could release its biggest game on the PC (Sonic the Hedgehog, FFVII) and the consoles still had a huge market.
Well consoles more than ever are just PC hardware in a box. Previous consoles were at least a little more specialized compared to what we have now. But it makes it easier for programmers, I guess?

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
I put so much time into Reach back when it came out. A great campaign, addicting firefight, and a robust multiplayer, truly an excellent sendoff for Bungie's foray in the series. To say that I'm happy to see it get added into TMCC at 1080p and 60 fps is an understatement (I just hope the Anniversary map pack is added as well).

Oh, and it's cool for PC players to experience almost the whole series. Feels pretty good to be a Halo fan lately.

ExceptionallyExceptional

Autism Incarnate
kiwifarms.net
Fuck yeah! I can't wait to play Reach again. When I first had it for my 360 I got practically obsessed with the Forge. I used to make some pretty interesting maps, too. Small arenas where the area is nearly as deadly as the opposition thanks to wall mounted diagonal grav boosters hurling an infinite supply of fusion cores into the battlefield. Long, meandering racetracks over the Forgeworld map, going from one end to the other twice, once again with some track sections being deathtraps thanks to fusion core launchers.

I'm fucking hyped!

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I played the first Halo on my then shitty PC back in the day. The first half of the single player campaign is amazing. The second half, once it introduces the Flood, sucks dick. Fuck that hallway in particular. Way worse than Xen in Half-Life. How are the other single player campaigns for the rest of the games?

Vault Boy

kiwifarms.net
I played the first Halo on my then shitty PC back in the day. The first half of the single player campaign is amazing. The second half, once it introduces the Flood, sucks dick. Fuck that hallway in particular. Way worse than Xen in Half-Life. How are the other single player campaigns for the rest of the games?
They tend to vary in quality, but they feel a bit more consistent than CE did. Some argue that they don't quite reach the heights of something like Truth & Reconciliation or The Silent Cartographer, but I'd say they never reach the lows as The Library did.

Personally, I'd say they all have good campaigns. 2 has a very abrupt ending and it's complete horseshit on Legendary, but it's still a fun experience. 3 wraps the trilogy up in a nice bow, and it has some pretty stellar levels like The Covenant. ODST is basically more of 3, so you'll like that one if you like 3. Reach has a very solid campaign (no outright bad missions in my opinion), and it felt like a great way for Bungie to bow out on. 4, for all the controversies surrounding the changes in art style, was a good first attempt on 343's part.

Overall, if you liked the first half of CE, I think you'll like the others for the most part.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They tend to vary in quality, but they feel a bit more consistent than CE did. Some argue that they don't quite reach the heights of something like Truth & Reconciliation or The Silent Cartographer, but I'd say they never reach the lows as The Library did.

Personally, I'd say they all have good campaigns. 2 has a very abrupt ending and it's complete horseshit on Legendary, but it's still a fun experience. 3 wraps the trilogy up in a nice bow, and it has some pretty stellar levels like The Covenant. ODST is basically more of 3, so you'll like that one if you like 3. Reach has a very solid campaign (no outright bad missions in my opinion), and it felt like a great way for Bungie to bow out on. 4, for all the controversies surrounding the changes in art style, was a good first attempt on 343's part.

Overall, if you liked the first half of CE, I think you'll like the others for the most part.
First time I played Halo and got to the library I thought I discovered a bug or didn't grab a key or hit a switch or something. But nope, you are supposed to just go down this hallway and kill Flood enemies for an hour. That one level in particular made me hate the game.

Last edited:

Vault Boy

kiwifarms.net
First time I played Halo and got to the library I thought I discovered a bug or didn't grab a key or hit a switch or something. But nope, you are supposed to just go down this hallway and kill Flood enemies for an hour. That one level in particular made me hate the game.
Believe me when I say that the rest of the series never gets that bad. There's some dud missions, but they never get as long or as tedious as the Library.

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So basically I lost my OG Xbox Live account from 2005 (yeah, just barely after the beginning) right around 2013 and just now am close to finishing Reach on Legendary (I climbed back up to Brigadier after instead of lumping about). So I tried to get that "They Came to Hear Me Beg" achievement again and... Having played this on the Xbox One X, it seems much much easier to pull off than before. I wonder why? It was such a monumental pain in the ass to time it right on the Xbox 360 playthrough.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

dragron: the bruges tea soirée
kiwifarms.net
I remember back when M$ released Halo 2 for Vista only, trying to get everyone to upgrade to Vista from XP. All you had to do was copy the CD to your hard drive and change a line in the halo2.ini file from [RequireWindowsVista=1] to [RequireWindowsVista=0] and it would install and work fine.
Their stated reasoning was that it used D3D10 exclusively and only Vista supported that. The GPU's supporting it were new at the time and didn't have a huge install base yet, so they put in a path for D3D9 because the developers weren't idiots unlike the executives.

A similar thing happened with Quantum Break. Direct3D 12/Win10/Windows Store exclusive for no real reason, it also ran like absolute garbage. Then they released a DX11 version on steam that worked perfectly fine. It's such a dumb move they keep pulling.

• Agree
Reactions: Francis E. Dec Esc.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino