Halo: Master Chief Collection is being ported to PC -

L'Homme de la Lune

Janitors are jew-cum garglers.
kiwifarms.net
I think Gears of War 4 worked by only matching you with people that had the same input device. I wont be surprised if they do the same thing here. i.e. controllers only play with controllers, M&K only with M&K.
I can assure you that wasn't the case. I played GoW4 on PC and while after a certain time, xbox players had the option to not play with PC players, the vast majority of players with whom I played were console players. I feel like having one or two pc players per lobby ruined the fun for them, because the boltok was incredibly broken with M+KB.

tyjc

kiwifarms.net
I can assure you that wasn't the case. I played GoW4 on PC and while after a certain time, xbox players had the option to not play with PC players, the vast majority of players with whom I played were console players. I feel like having one or two pc players per lobby ruined the fun for them, because the boltok was incredibly broken with M+KB.
You sure about this? They may have changed it since I last played, but I remember it would at least separate console/pc players? I think it was anything-goes in the horde/co-op modes though.

L'Homme de la Lune

Janitors are jew-cum garglers.
kiwifarms.net
You sure about this? They may have changed it since I last played, but I remember it would at least separate console/pc players? I think it was anything-goes in the horde/co-op modes though.
I think it was that way at release, but they changed it (unless they somehow decided to revert it back) at some point because the PC playerbase was thinning too much. I could never play ranked games on PC, just sayin'.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
Gonna wade in with an unpopular opinion here and say that for me at least my best memories of Halo come from playing Co Op sat on the sofa with a friend. I'm currently playing through the MCC with a guy who has never played Halo before and it's like watching a child slowly opening Christmas presents. I don't think PC can ever really recreate that feeling you get from local Co Op so I'll likely give this a miss, at least until it's bombed out for a few quid in a Steam sale and I buy it out of curiosity.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's being released on Steam December 3rd. I just pre-ordered.

Bob Page

Electronic Old Gendo Ikari
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A friend gave me a games pass but it's crossplay with steam on PC. Cue the endless hours of teabagging.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A friend gave me a games pass but it's crossplay with steam on PC. Cue the endless hours of teabagging.
Nigga, I play Dead by Daylight. I live and breath the world of tea-bagging and I don't think there's any other game that has more tea-bagging than Dead by Daylight.

Bob Page

Electronic Old Gendo Ikari
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nigga, I play Dead by Daylight. I live and breath the world of tea-bagging and I don't think there's any other game that has more tea-bagging than Dead by Daylight.
It's what I like to do, a victory dance. Can't wait to play smear the queer again.

• Deviant
Reactions: BrunoMattei

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
I just built my gaming PC which should be more than enough to run the collection, even the remastered versions. Only thing is that PC kinda cost an arm and a leg so I think I'll wait it out a bit so I can have just a bit more money to buy it.

Still, I'm excited to play the series.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just built my gaming PC which should be more than enough to run the collection, even the remastered versions. Only thing is that PC kinda cost an arm and a leg so I think I'll wait it out a bit so I can have just a bit more money to buy it.

Still, I'm excited to play the series.
I think you can buy an Xbox Game Pass for $3.99 a month and play it through the Windows Store.

DNA_JACKED

kiwifarms.net
It's being released on Steam December 3rd. I just pre-ordered.
I'm excited. I have many memories of playing Halo in high school, cant wait to play it on PC. Hopefully the online community will be long lasting like battlfield 2's was (or, at the least, that LAN will be an option).

Gotta ask why you preordered though. The game isnt going anywhere, and after gears and forza (and MCC itself on xbox), might be a good idea to give it a few weeks to get the bugs sorted out

Fluke

kiwifarms.net
They tend to vary in quality, but they feel a bit more consistent than CE did. Some argue that they don't quite reach the heights of something like Truth & Reconciliation or The Silent Cartographer, but I'd say they never reach the lows as The Library did.

Personally, I'd say they all have good campaigns. 2 has a very abrupt ending and it's complete horseshit on Legendary, but it's still a fun experience. 3 wraps the trilogy up in a nice bow, and it has some pretty stellar levels like The Covenant. ODST is basically more of 3, so you'll like that one if you like 3. Reach has a very solid campaign (no outright bad missions in my opinion), and it felt like a great way for Bungie to bow out on. 4, for all the controversies surrounding the changes in art style, was a good first attempt on 343's part.

Overall, if you liked the first half of CE, I think you'll like the others for the most part.
I so badly wanna say your wrong about 4. But when i think back about the Halo series i only remember the 4th game.
How did they let that game trough qa in the old days? I remember my 360 overheating like 3 times before it was said and done.Anyone else here played halo 4 on a old model 360 with no hdmi 144pganggang.

DNA_JACKED

kiwifarms.net
I so badly wanna say your wrong about 4. But when i think back about the Halo series i only remember the 4th game.
How did they let that game trough qa in the old days? I remember my 360 overheating like 3 times before it was said and done.Anyone else here played halo 4 on a old model 360 with no hdmi 144pganggang.
That was more likely due to dust in your heatsink (canned air does jack shit to remove it, you need to get in there with an actual air compressor) and long dried thermal paste. That's the problem with high power consoles, they need maintenance like PCs do, but they are in no way built for said maintenance. By the time halo 4 came out, the oldest 360s were 7 years old going on 8, the thermal paste inside them goes to pot after a year or two and isnt the greatest to begin with.

Tags
None