Halo MCC/Infinite/general discussion thread - PRAISE CRAIG

What did you think of Infinite after the campaign showcase?

• It looked good

• Good, but they need to iron out some issues

• Majorly apprehensive

• It sucked donkey dick

• I need to see more

• I don't know

• Craig monke

Results are only viewable after voting.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
H2_Jackal_Sniper_transparent.png

Discuss any Halo related topics here, from the EU to the games. Reach, CE, 2, and 3 have currently been released on PC, and Infinite is still on track for a Holiday 2020 release.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had a lot of fun with Halo Reach multiplayer on the 360 way back in the day, so I was pretty excited for it to finally come to PC. I got it day one and played it for a few days and didn't have any fun at all. Guess I'm old now.
I've been playing Halo 2's multiplayer, and it's a blast. I only find Reach's to be fun when you play SWAT.

• Agree
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

The Last Stand

I need more gin.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Will 343 fuck infinite up?

Yes
Evidently, they're going with a "human approach" with Halo: Infinite.

I'm not going to lie, the preview shown with the man and the Chief was interesting.

But remembering the bait and switch with Locke "fighting" the Chief with Halo 5, approach with caution.

Wait until gameplay and multiplayer.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
I would like to know the general consensus for the Master Chief Collection, at least on PC. I never owned an Xbox, so I basically got to play Halo for the first time this year. I've been hearing mixed things about the port, especially if you decide to turn on classic graphics (which I do because I at least want to feel like I'm playing the original).

Also, I'm not a multiplayer guy. I'm purely a campaign kinda guy so I'm more interested in how the MCC affects single-player.

Cardenio

The Gunt stares back at you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would like to know the general consensus for the Master Chief Collection, at least on PC. I never owned an Xbox, so I basically got to play Halo for the first time this year. I've been hearing mixed things about the port, especially if you decide to turn on classic graphics (which I do because I at least want to feel like I'm playing the original).

Also, I'm not a multiplayer guy. I'm purely a campaign kinda guy so I'm more interested in how the MCC affects single-player.
The complaints people have are very minor. With that said as a fan of PC Shooters the only campaign that has sincerely impressed me is Halo 1. Halo 2 basically feels more of the same with less satisfying weapons and Reach is just trash.

kūhaku

I've become bored of a world like that.
kiwifarms.net
I had a lot of fun with Halo Reach multiplayer on the 360 way back in the day, so I was pretty excited for it to finally come to PC. I got it day one and played it for a few days and didn't have any fun at all. Guess I'm old now.
My thoughts exactly. I still enjoyed the campaign, but the multiplayer has completely lost its charm. Maybe that’s because there were no forge maps available but boy did I not have fun. One of the coolest things was seeing people work together during xp weekend to farm points in griffball. That genuinely brought a smile to my face because of how funny it was that the community came together to exploit. I just got bored of all the other modes, dying across the map to sweaty enemy gamers and playing boring, nerfed versions of the 360 maps.

It made me realize that sometimes nostalgia should remain just a memory because when you come back to visit it, it can shatter the fondness you had.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: The Last Stand

Lammy

lamb with a burger of ham
kiwifarms.net

There's a fair few amount of bugs, most of which wouldn't get too much in the way of enjoying just playing through the Campaign. The biggest ones are that the Plasma Pistol in CE will blast your ears out if you spam fire it, and the Elites in Halo 2 will never dual wield when they should.

I think a lot of the fun of Halo was because a lot of it's audience was mostly console-only players, and if you were one of those, the insane amount of aim assist in Halo made it a lot easier to do well and have fun in ways you couldn't in other FPS games. Being older, and especially if you've switched to playing PC, Halo isn't as impressive as it was because the subconscious appeal of being able to aim with a controller in an FPS is less amazing due to either being able to use an optical mouse, or the fact that most console FPS games have learned to have a shitload of aim assist.
Also, the lack of the prior community sucks.

The Last Stand

I need more gin.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't like Halo's lore or single player. I find the lore too expansive and the levels overstay their welcome.

Its multiplayer was what reeled me in. I started Xbox Live with Halo 3 around 2011. Even after four years, its multiplayer was still booming.

I sunk in a fair amount of time with Halo 3 online. Mainly free for all for achievements. It was more skill based than Call of Duty, while being old school fun with its Action Sack playlist. It had something for everybody.

Reach was my favorite Halo. A digestible single player, a robust co-op mode and enhanced multiplayer.

The amount of customization you could do in Reach was practically endless. Armor was unlocked through progression and credits, which meant you had more leeway of how you wanted your Spartan to look.

The armor abilities were controversial at the time I believe, but they were balanced enough to add depth into the Halo sandbox. Big Team Battle and Multi Team were my go to playlists.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyril Sneer

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
The complaints people have are very minor. With that said as a fan of PC Shooters the only campaign that has sincerely impressed me is Halo 1. Halo 2 basically feels more of the same with less satisfying weapons and Reach is just trash.
I'm not far into Halo 1, but that Warthog left a bad impression on me if I'm being honest. The controls were garbage and the second level forces you to do so much driving. I got past it, but it wasn't pleasant. I want to give it another go now that Halo 2's available, but I'm a little concerned because I know 1 ends with a Warthog chase and I don't care much for driving it.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
I'm just here waiting for some damn gameplay footage of Infinite, I want to see what five years of development has done.

Oh, and I'm up for a third Wars game, and maybe a XCOM/Gears Tactics spinoff featuring ODSTs.

Cyril Sneer

Why is the "Peace" symbol a Norse "Death" rune?
kiwifarms.net
I don't like Halo's lore or single player. I find the lore too expansive and the levels overstay their welcome.
I found the lore in the first three games (plus ODST and Reach) to be relatively digestible (though that may be simply because I was subconsciously comparing it with the non-stop mind-fucking that comprises the plot of Bungie's earlier Marathon FPS series), but I am speaking here specifically about the games. Eric Nylund's books, which relentlessly try to beat the reader over the head with how awesome and wonderful is Nylund's personal Mary-Sue, Catherine Halsey (AKA Dr. Mengele reincarnated), are just tiresome. Actually, as a reserve member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race, the lore was the primary means by which I interacted with the franchise after a PC port of Halo 3 or any subsequent games failed to materialize. That and the aesthetics, although I've always had a bit of a love-hate relationship with Halo's art-design, which seems to veer wildly from mediocre to outstanding to awful in any given installment. But then my brother bought me the Master Chief Collection for Christmas and I've been steadily racking up time in Reach, to the point where I've finally been able to replicate, in-game, the appearance of my favorite McFarlane Toys Spartan figure from all those years ago. 🙂

Last edited:

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Halo 2 is still fun to me, probably more fun than CE at this point. Playing on Legendary is a nightmare and would kill any enjoyment instantly, but on Heroic with a few skulls it's addicting. I've learned all the level bypasses and exploits at this point. Only downside of the Halo 2 campaign for me is the Legendary difficulty sucking, the first two Arbiter missions being kind of lame, and how badly they nerfed the pistol and shotgun.

That said, I really enjoy Two Betrayals. It's probably my favorite Halo level.

Mazinkaiser

kiwifarms.net
Halo died with 4 and I genuinely have no hope for Infinite. 343 have been proving themselves unable to fill the hole that Halo left because they don't understand what made it great, along with being just technically incompetent. Some of the launch bugs on MCC games are unforgivable.

However, the Bungie games are still as fun as I remember them, multiplayer or campaign. Personal ranking goes 3 > Reach > CE > 2, although I love all of them. ODST was pretty much an expansion pack for 3, so I always include it there.

Miller

👉⭐>👉👃
kiwifarms.net
Halo died with 4 and I genuinely have no hope for Infinite. 343 have been proving themselves unable to fill the hole that Halo left because they don't understand what made it great, along with being just technically incompetent. Some of the launch bugs on MCC games are unforgivable.
I like Halo 4 (the campaign, not the multiplayer) but yeah, 343 has been quite awful with the IP. It was a mistake to put Bonnie Ross in charge of the company, she is handling Halo like Kathleen Kennedy with Star Wars. No one seems to know what to do with the IP other than following trends. I'm a bit worried about the open world stuff with side missions for Infinite and also the fact that some big Halo channels are asking for a fucking Battle Royale mode.

Get_your_kicks_with_30-06

I have become Based, the destroyer of Libs
kiwifarms.net
Evidently, they're going with a "human approach" with Halo: Infinite.
Yeah I dont even know what this means when they said that, its either some corporate buzzwords or they are going to humanize Chief which is dumb.

As for gameplay if it has sprint its going to suck, if it plays anything like halo 5 its going to suck, and if it does play like the originals, who cares, Ill just play them on MCC.

Tags
None