Halo MCC/Infinite/general discussion thread - PRAISE CRAIG

What did you think of Infinite after the campaign showcase?

• It looked good

• Good, but they need to iron out some issues

• Majorly apprehensive

• It sucked donkey dick

• I need to see more

• I don't know

• Craig monke

Results are only viewable after voting.

Merried Senior Comic

Half-Man, Half-Jerk
kiwifarms.net
Define decent. Decent as in a pretty high rank, decent with your K/D, W/L ratio, or decent as in getting a lot of achievements for it?

Grunts had character? I thought they were cute up until they go suicide on you.

I like their dialogue. And the birthday party skull with them.
Decent as in fairly good K/D in multiplayer. All I played was BTB and SWAT and usually scored in top 3 in a game. Not so much anymore lol

• Feels
Reactions: The Last Stand

The Last Stand

I need more gin.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Decent as in fairly good K/D in multiplayer. All I played was BTB and SWAT and usually scored in top 3 in a game. Not so much anymore lol
I love SWAT more in Halo Reach; the DMR one shot felt more accurate with your shooting and aim as opposed to the BR's hitscan and three round burst.

My playlist of choice for Halo 3 was Lone Wolves. Occasionally, I would branch into BTB or Action Sack. I suppose for achievement reasons, I stayed in Lone Wolves.

Merried Senior Comic

Half-Man, Half-Jerk
kiwifarms.net
I love SWAT more in Halo Reach; the DMR one shot felt more accurate with your shooting and aim as opposed to the BR's hitscan and three round burst.

My playlist of choice for Halo 3 was Lone Wolves. Occasionally, I would branch into BTB or Action Sack. I suppose for achievement reasons, I stayed in Lone Wolves.
I was always told the BR was a projectile. Weird.

Yes I like the DMR in Reach. When it first came out I hated it because I could not get down pacing my shots but once I did, Reach became really fun.

NumberingYourState

REAL MEN Fuck Up
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Team SWAT scene in Reach is pretty toxic at the moment because of retards AFK'ing.

FFA SWAT is absurd but the issue is either less prominent or not there at all, most of the time.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Team SWAT scene in Reach is pretty toxic at the moment because of retards AFK'ing.

FFA SWAT is absurd but the issue is either less prominent or not there at all, most of the time.
It sucks, too, because SWAT is probably my favorite game mode. I've had to play the basic bitch precision slayer modes because people are taking the social SWAT playlists way too seriously.

Titos

Can't stop. Won't stop. Please stop.
kiwifarms.net
They put out some of the soundtrack from Gareth Coker and an interview today. Sounds like Halo, kinda wish Coker had put a little more of a unique spin on it but it's better than anything from 4 or 5 as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Swiss46

DeusDry

kiwifarms.net
They put out some of the soundtrack from Gareth Coker and an interview today. Sounds like Halo, kinda wish Coker had put a little more of a unique spin on it but it's better than anything from 4 or 5 as far as I'm concerned.
Sounds like a great menu theme. Not bad so far.

• Disagree
Reactions: Distant Stare

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The opening reminds me of that track from CE that plays at the beginning of Halo (the mission).

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
After slaughtering them for 20 years does anyone else feel empathy for The Grunts? They were always the joke enemy of Halo, if it were Mario they'd be the Goombas. For crying out loud they flee in horror once Chief has turned the tide of battle into his favor. I've always felt pity for them, when they scream in horror, "LEADER DEAD RUN AWAY!" or "SOMEONE HELP I'M FIGHTING DEMON!"

Can't they break away from The Covenant? Can't one brave Grunt join the side of the Chief? I'll kill Jackals and Elites all day but I don't want to keep killing Grunts. #GruntLivesMatter
About half of them break away during the schism in 2... also apparently all the ultra grunts defected since thwey arent in 3 with thehe highest ranked grunts you face in that game being spec ops

NumberingYourState

REAL MEN Fuck Up
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Halo 3's Action Sack playlist has some truly awesome concepts either my memory is faulty over or they are completely new. Really takes me back to simpler times.

Snekposter

The Amount of Awoo Here is Too Goddamn Tall
kiwifarms.net
Halo CE. Nothing quite like a science geek who will talk out loud about how they should have inverted some numbers in their teleportation algorithm right after landing on "their" head.

• Agree
Reactions: solidus

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Halo 4. She has more human proportions. She looks more alien and robotic before.
I remember reading ages ago that they gave her those proportions in 4 to represent that she was going rampant and nearing the end of her life, compared to her thin model proportions in 2 and 3, but that might have been a fever dream.

Distant Stare

Alita fucker
kiwifarms.net
I remember reading ages ago that they gave her those proportions in 4 to represent that she was going rampant and nearing the end of her life, compared to her thin model proportions in 2 and 3, but that might have been a fever dream.
I think that a better explanation is that Cortana in Halo 4 servers more as a mother figure and lover interest.

You can see in the flash back John clearly associates Cortana with his mother. Cortana's wider hips and larger breasts reflect this archetype.

Also the sexual tension between the two is emphasized clearly in Halo 3 and 4. Cortana is referred to as a girl, "dont make a girl a promise". While in Halo 1 and 2 she was more of a side kick.

On a side note, the AI from Halo Wars 2 is really cute. The writers for Halo Wars care a lot more than 343, and it is reflected in her interaction with that SPARTAN II.

One major theme in Halo has been SPARTANs protecting their AIs. This is John and Cortana, and Jerome and Isabel. This has always been in the some of the better Halo stories: Halo 3, 4, and Wars 2. This works because the Halo is a male power fantasy. And protecting a female plays into this male instinct. Not to be too Peterson, but you are slaying the dragon of chaos to rescue the princess from the tower.

In Halo 3 and 4, John is trying to save Cortana. In that scene (above) Isabel is being protected by Jerome. That scene also works because Isabel is both impressed and frighted by Jerome's abilities. Which is an archetypal female response. In addition, Isabel showing apprehension and then being enthralled when Jerome jumps is characteristic of seduction; when a party is introduced to an new enticing possibility.

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
I played the shit out of Halo 2, 3, Wars, ODST, and Reach back in the day, and the franchise was the reason that I got an Xbox 360 in the first place.

When Halo 4 came out though, I distinctly remember not being as enthralled with it, and while I couldn’t quite put my finger on why, I eventually came to realize the reasons for it over time (which have been covered ad nauseam by people like Chris Ray Gun).

I didn’t even bother with 5 or Wars 2, since i went with the PS4 over the Xbox One due to the former having what I saw as more appealing games. From what I’ve heard, that’s probably for the better (at least with 5, I don’t know enough about Wars 2 to say whether that’s definitely the case).

Watching the gameplay reveal for Infinite, I see a game with potential but also one that’s going to need a lot of polish in order to live up to it (particularly with regards to its visual presentation). Nevertheless, I would love nothing more than for the game to be good enough to justify the purchase of an Xbox Series X and for me to enjoy a Halo game again as much as I did when I was heavily invested in the series.

Tags
None