Halo MCC/Infinite/general discussion thread - PRAISE CRAIG

What did you think of Infinite after the campaign showcase?

• It looked good

• Good, but they need to iron out some issues

• Majorly apprehensive

• It sucked donkey dick

• I need to see more

• I don't know

• Craig monke

Results are only viewable after voting.

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net

solidus

Fission Mailed
kiwifarms.net
I've been playing a lot of MCC lately. It's cool to be able to play Halo 3 like it's 2007 again. I originally bought MCC back in 2014 but the multiplayer was so broken that I gave up on it until the last couple of months.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
I watched the Forward Unto Dawn movie, finally, and Lasky was a pretty cool dude in it, just like in 4. His backstory with the Chief was pretty cool, too. I don't mind 343 bringing him back.
Assuming that they don't utterly destroy the Infinity in a heavy handed attempt to make things "like the originals" again (I doubt that given that Halo 4/5 Grunts are featured in the game), Lasky will probably appear in the game in some form. Maybe he could be leading the UNSC in a guerilla war against the Banished, just like Captain Keyes in the original.

Lammy

lamb with a burger of ham
kiwifarms.net
They also said that there are no loot boxes or microtransactions in Halo: Infinite.
The second article you linked is incorrect, as usually is gaming "journalism". The source cited by it is the sentence "Microtransactions: Halo Infinite will not include real-money loot boxes". It's very clearly and specifically worded that there's no Loot Boxes, not that there's no MTX period.

Given that MCC has gotten 2 battle passes, I'm 99% sure that there'll be a Battle Pass system in Infinite, and I'm 100% sure there'll be some form of MTX for a Free-to-Play game, and the two clearly tie together. Every other F2P game with Battle Passes has a "premium track" and a free track, so I'd bet that's what's happening here too.
I optimistically speculate that buying the 60$ Campaign will probably include some amount of Battle Pass ownership, likely the premium track of one or multiple Battle Passes, as to give anyone who pays 60$ for the game a fairly "normal" (in regards to monetization) Multiplayer experience.
Assuming the Battle Pass system is similar in scope to the one for MCC Reach (in terms of time/effort it takes to complete it), I think it's fine overall, since that one, personally, didn't take me very long to complete.

I think the overall result of the game being F2P will probably just be more really bad players to stomp, a decent amount more cheaters (although MCC has EAC and that works rather well to my knowledge, so I assume Infinite will as use it well), and a Battle Pass system which might not be too awful.
Ultimately, the MP should be a decent enough free demo for people to check out to see if they should have any interest in actually buying the game, which is great for me since I'm a bit uncertain about the game.

• Optimistic
Reactions: The Last Stand

NumberingYourState

REAL MEN Fuck Up
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At this point I'm willing to accept that battlepasses are their own level of suck but just don't ever ask to use my credit card, ever, please.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I saw someone playing as "KiwiFarmer" today, with GAY as their tag. Which one of you faggots was it?

• Informative
Reactions: heyitsmike

NumberingYourState

REAL MEN Fuck Up
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have to give 343i due credit again, as nervous as I am for the Free-to-Play future.

At least they even talk about multiplayer and other technical issues before release this time.

I remember being on some Halo forum back in 2014 during the hype train for the Master Chief Collection, and, news regarding multiplayer footage never surfaced neither had proper testing. It was a very scant flow of information that got everyone who waited on their laurels eventually upset. I don't think we have a lack of information going into a week after the reveal which is, as jarring as it is for me to have to say it, is quite a night and day difference. Still I hope we continue getting more Infinite multiplayer news the next couple months, they cannot afford to dick around the free-to-play hype with a lack of information.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Draza

robobobo

kiwifarms.net
Someone who's actually been keeping track of Infinite help my lazy ass out here. Their teaser trailer back ever how many years ago made it look like you pretty much had free rein to wander around a halo with some friends, which would be awesome. But then the gameplay trailer made it look like just another singleplayer sequel to the series, which would be boring. What's up with it?

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Someone who's actually been keeping track of Infinite help my lazy ass out here. Their teaser trailer back ever how many years ago made it look like you pretty much had free rein to wander around a halo with some friends, which would be awesome. But then the gameplay trailer made it look like just another singleplayer sequel to the series, which would be boring. What's up with it?
Why the fuck would you want a pure open world Halo? Does every game have to be open world?

Here's what I'm wondering. Since the environments are much more open now, will the shotgun finally not suck?

• Agree
Reactions: The Last Stand

Miller

👉⭐>👉👃
kiwifarms.net
According to their blog post on Halo Waypoint, the campaign will support 2-player splitscreen and 4-player co-op.

• Informative
Reactions: heyitsmike

Titos

Can't stop. Won't stop. Please stop.
kiwifarms.net
From what they've said it's doesn't sound like full open world but not linear either. More like Metro Exodus where you get a big open area to play around in and then progress will take you to another big area. They did say you can return to any area you want at any time. The way they're describing it isn't really the clearest though. If you look at the map during the trailer at one point there's a bunch of missions on the top left that were things like "save stranded marines" and "Assassinate Target X" outside of the little island area they were on. They did also say the famous "if you see it you can go there" though and I'm not sure who I trust less when saying that, Todd or 343. Like I said, not the clearest. They need to do a ViDoc on this and actually go into detail how it works.

Tags
None