Halo MCC/Infinite/general discussion thread - PRAISE CRAIG

What did you think of Infinite after the campaign showcase?

• It looked good

• Good, but they need to iron out some issues

• Majorly apprehensive

• It sucked donkey dick

• I need to see more

• I don't know

• Craig monke

Results are only viewable after voting.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
Anybody have the problem swapping controls between Halo games?

I cannot play MCC, then play Halo 5. The muscle memory with the different control schemes per game messes me up.

Throwing grenades and melee are either the bumpers or the analog stick. Sprinting is universally applied to the left analog stick.
I have that issue too on PC when I'm used to the shift key being for sprint and instead in H3 the Chief uses his equipment.

I do sort of wonder if it's possible to have an open-world multiplayer Halo game spanning an entire ring (or maybe parts of the ring, but with the ability to move freely between them maybe through space)- could be interesting, could get boring.
I think there's an indie game on PC that had a ring world fully explorable and you could also visit the planets within the system. I don't remember the name though.

The Doom Slayer

Tempered by the fires of Hell
kiwifarms.net
New Inside Infinite is up, focuses on PC.

Inside Infinite - April 2021

E0LP7MlX0AQlYC-.jpg

haloinfinite_campaign_pc_ring_21x9-9bc8168f0b9b49d28aa515e31bc93d91.png

haloinfinite_campaign_pc_32x9_wm-9194fba57f384695964cd4d794e607d6.png

NumberingYourState

Our fate lies in the moons tilt and shine
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's quite refreshing to see Forerunner architecture that doesn't look bleached to hell. Also those god rays aren't bad.

Last edited:

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like they're putting their MCC experience to good use to deliver a great PC version from day 1. Ultrawide monitor support (21:9, 32:9, and beyond(!)), full range of graphical options, triple keybinds, support for non-Xbox controllers, and a lot more. It's a far cry from the 360 days when Microsoft pretty much forgot PC gaming existed, so I'm glad they're putting forth the effort. I also enjoyed the anecdote of their buying the entire PC team ultrawide monitors so they could understand why it was important to support them (hey 343, if you want to convince someone else, you could always send one my way).

Another positive I found was confirmation that you can host local multiplayer servers on your LAN and connect PCs and Xbones together in the same match. LAN parties return! I could be wrong, but it sounds like crossplay will work in both campaign and multiplayer; the latter is definitely confirmed, but the former is a little murky. I know that the reason MCC doesn't have campaign crossplay is that the games in the collection have desync issues with different hardware, but if Infinite is built from the ground up to support crossplay, then it would make sense that it would support it in campaign as well. Would be best to have confirmation on that.

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic. They've been making a lot of strides and the screenshots look considerably better than what we saw last year, but again, really want to see some footage. Joseph Staten all but confirmed we're not seeing anything until the summer, so I guess it's just wait and see for now.

Endu

Dark Falz can go fuck itself
kiwifarms.net
I'm hating how much I liked this monthly update, straddling the line of cautious optimism is getting pretty difficult. At this point, I think seeing actual footage will be the deciding factor for me if I should start to really look forward to Infinite's release.

Capture.PNG

But there's still a lot we haven't seen (forge, multiplayer customization outside of "skins", custom games), so that keeps me grounded. I'm really hoping the custom games browser is a homerun on MCC, so they bring it over to Infinite, if they haven't already done that.

Attachments

• 2021-04-30 10_35_59-Steam Community __ Sky __ Games - Brave.png
    2021-04-30 10_35_59-Steam Community __ Sky __ Games - Brave.png
    39 KB · Views: 20

The Doom Slayer

kiwifarms.net
Ok, one more thing that I completely missed. It looks like hidden in one of the screenshots is the first look at the new Chopper.

5vnd0coud7w61.jpg

And here's a kinda better look via a Mega Bloks set that just got revealed (and possibly Fred's new design too).

E0L1ga8XIAIuVEi.jpg

Last edited:

The Last Stand

I don't want to sound racist, but...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm hating how much I liked this monthly update, straddling the line of cautious optimism is getting pretty difficult. At this point, I think seeing actual footage will be the deciding factor for me if I should start to really look forward to Infinite's release.

But there's still a lot we haven't seen (forge, multiplayer customization outside of "skins", custom games), so that keeps me grounded. I'm really hoping the custom games browser is a homerun on MCC, so they bring it over to Infinite, if they haven't already done that.
If you're hesitant about Infinite, get a Game Pass subscription and try it from there.

Lammy

jamming
kiwifarms.net
If you're hesitant about Infinite, get a Game Pass subscription and try it from there.
Either that, or just play the Multiplayer; it's going to be Free-to-Play. I imagine actual full-length pre-release gameplay will probably be enough to make or break the 60$ for those on the fence, though.
However, the idea of buying a 1$ trial Game Pass subscription just to play through the campaign once and then just playing the multiplayer for free on your real account is really funny too. It'd be really comical if the ability to do that gets widely spread around the internet, especially with how much cash MS has apparently dumped into Infinite's development.

Titos

Your smile makes my heart explode :3
kiwifarms.net
Either that, or just play the Multiplayer; it's going to be Free-to-Play. I imagine actual full-length pre-release gameplay will probably be enough to make or break the 60$ for those on the fence, though.
However, the idea of buying a 1$ trial Game Pass subscription just to play through the campaign once and then just playing the multiplayer for free on your real account is really funny too. It'd be really comical if the ability to do that gets widely spread around the internet, especially with how much cash MS has apparently dumped into Infinite's development.
If Infinite doesn't at the very least make its money back I'm betting management at 343 like Frank O'Connor and Bonnie Ross are instantly on the chopping block, hopefully to be replaced by Staten.

Titos

Your smile makes my heart explode :3
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the double post. This dude again fixes 343s retardation. Not to go all NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN but 343 could greatly benefit from an "editorial" staff that tells them when their shit is dumb and fixes it for them

Endu

Dark Falz can go fuck itself
kiwifarms.net
There's a reason I use the "hide all skins/unlocks" option. Some of the new ODST stuff is cool, but it's not worth seeing this shit when I play.

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Halo Infinite is going to likely have a mix of new and old so expect some retarded to go along with the more conventional designs. The reason I bring this up is because apparently all armors you could give your multiplayer avatar in past games will be available in Infinite. I don't think we've seen the last of Halo Online, Halo 4, and Guardians.

The Doom Slayer

kiwifarms.net
There will probably be some duds in Infinite but honestly most of the new armor we've seen so far looks fine or even good, and it makes me wonder why they're digging up the ugly Halo 4/5 era artstyle for MCC now. I really think it's just a bunch of shit they're lazily dumping in to fill out the season pass content quota. It really should've been put in Halo 4 instead of 3, but they weren't gonna do that because no one fucking likes Halo 4's multiplayer so it would've been a waste of time.

If there's 4/5 armors in Infinite I expect them to be modified to fit the new (old) artstyle. I'd be pretty surprised if they just ported in terrible shit like Linda's helmet with zero changes, for example.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
I think they've done a good job with the new ODST armors, I haven't unlocked a lot so far but I like that there's an option for the backpacks in Halo 3 multiplayer.

There will probably be some duds in Infinite but honestly most of the new armor we've seen so far looks fine or even good, and it makes me wonder why they're digging up the ugly Halo 4/5 era artstyle for MCC now. I really think it's just a bunch of shit they're lazily dumping in to fill out the season pass content quota
It's the stuff from Halo Online, right? Maybe they're releasing everything so that people don't complain about some obscure armor not being ported to the MCC.
That said, I wish they would bring Halo 5 and its multiplayer/warzone firefight to the MCC. I just want my buccaneer armor back, it's probably one of the few H5 designs that didn't look too awful.
H5 (1).jpgH5 (2).jpg

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think they've done a good job with the new ODST armors, I haven't unlocked a lot so far but I like that there's an option for the backpacks in Halo 3 multiplayer.

It's the stuff from Halo Online, right? Maybe they're releasing everything so that people don't complain about some obscure armor not being ported to the MCC.
That said, I wish they would bring Halo 5 and its multiplayer/warzone firefight to the MCC. I just want my buccaneer armor back, it's probably one of the few H5 designs that didn't look too awful.

The funny thing about Buccaneer, it's quite clearly the Semi-Powered Infiltration Armor, or SPI, that the base have been pining after since its first appearance in the novel Ghosts of Onyx. For whatever reason they kept its lore vague.