Halo MCC/Infinite/general discussion thread - PRAISE CRAIG

What did you think of Infinite after the campaign showcase?

• It looked good

• Good, but they need to iron out some issues

• Majorly apprehensive

• It sucked donkey dick

• I need to see more

• I don't know

• Craig monke

Results are only viewable after voting.

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net
The Halo Online armors being added to 3 is simply because they needed content to fill out season passes, and it's work that was already done and just needed to be ported. Considering Halo Online is just a port of 3 anyway, it's possible that all they had to do was go in and reenable the armor sets in the code. Porting them to other games would naturally take longer; it wouldn't be impossible, obviously, but it would require extra work to fit them to other games' models.

Honestly, even with the toggle on, I haven't really noticed many people with the Halo Online armors on anyway. From my experience, most people seem to be sticking with the classics.

NumberingYourState

Our fate lies in the moons tilt and shine
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've noticed far more ODST armors, but I'm hoping they can port over the actual campaign ODST armor (past the helmet) to multiplayer in a future content update.

And I admit, I found Veronica Dare's ODST Recon BDU far more interesting than the Halo 3 armor, it at least looked the part of being stealthy.

Last edited:

Big Fat Frog

Blowtorch and Corkscrew
kiwifarms.net
Take this with a grain of salt, but some people a while ago (around April 10th) were digging through some of the files for the MCC and found remnants for the Halo: Online armor for Elites. I also heard whispers that the Halo Infinite Mark VII helmet was also put in the code and taken out (possibly as a promotional item, but I’ve found no solid proof of that, just rumors). So there’s a possibility the Elites in Halo 3 get some new armor sometime soon.

CC537708-7C8D-4834-9AD1-F4B1318DA7B3.png

Last edited:

Endu

Dark Falz can go fuck itself
kiwifarms.net
As long as the Halo Online elite armor isn't an eyesore, I welcome something more than just spartan armor being added.

King Dead

kiwifarms.net
As long as the Halo Online elite armor isn't an eyesore, I welcome something more than just spartan armor being added.
Well, you can take a look at the gallery on this Halopedia page for Halo Online Elite permutation screenshots. They appear to be in varying stages of development, with some fully modeled and textured while others seem to be in a rough state. Overall, I'd say they're not too bad, they generally don't look like they're excessively overdeveloped like a lot of the Spartan armors are. Either way, more options are always a good thing in my opinion, and Elites could stand to get some new choices after all this time.

I remember they were also talking about adding full customization to Reach Elites as well, letting you mix and match instead of forcing you to use full armor sets, but I dunno if they gave up on that plan or not.

So from my point of view, here's what is and isn't likely to be seen for customization in future seasons:
  • Reach: There aren't any more in-progress items from back in the day that they can release to my knowledge, now that the Mariner and AKIS helmets and EXO/TSCS chest pieces have been added. The most likely additions that I could see would be adding robot arm options to the remaining chest pieces that don't have them, along with new visor colors.
  • CE: I have doubts that we'll see armor permutations added to CE; if they did get added, it would probably be as full armor sets without customization. But that'd be a lot of work, so I have my doubts. At most, I'd expect more skins and visor colors.
  • 2: Same as CE, permutations are probably a no-go, but skins and visor colors could certainly happen. Weird that it's the only game in the collection that doesn't have new customization options now.
  • 2A: There's already hints in the game files that new visors are coming. Skins remain a possibility, and new armor permutations could be added as well, either brand-new models or ports from Halo Online or 4.
  • 3: Aside from more Halo Online armor sets, I don't think there's much else that could be added to 3. Maybe the Arbiter's armor? I know that was planned as a permutation initially.
  • 4: There's still the Champions Bundle armor sets that have yet to be ported, as well as various weapon skins that were originally unlocked through codes on McFarlane Toys. Beyond those, additional skins and visor colors remain a possibility; porting Halo Online armors seems less likely, but still possible.

The Doom Slayer

Tempered by the fires of Hell
kiwifarms.net
Looks like a former 343 guy may have spilled some dirt on Infinite's development. Nothing too shocking, a lot of it could've been guessed already. He says the story and gameplay are much improved though so that's good.

It sounds like a lot of the issues stemmed from having to make both the engine and game at the same time. I'm still of the opinion they should've just used Unreal Engine or something instead.

1620312757005.png

King Dead

kiwifarms.net
Looks like a former 343 guy may have spilled some dirt on Infinite's development. Nothing too shocking, a lot of it could've been guessed already. He says the story and gameplay are much improved though so that's good.

It sounds like a lot of the issues stemmed from having to make both the engine and game at the same time. I'm still of the opinion they should've just used Unreal Engine or something instead.

View attachment 2147864
According to the artist himself, apparently those comments were taken out of context. He goes into more detail in a follow-up video which I'd recommend watching since it's only 12 minutes, but a brief summary is that he was just talking about his own personal experiences and opinions of the game's development, he wants people to temper their expectations simply because he knows how easy it is for things to get overhyped, crunch was not confirmed (he was only working to the wee hours of the morning because working from home meant being distracted by family issues frequently), and he left 343 on good terms because he wanted to pursue other projects besides Halo. A good reminder to never trust anything posted on ResetEra as gospel.

In other news, season 7 flighting is going to begin soon. Aside from the usual new seasonal customization content (no hints as to what that will be yet), they're looking to add improvements to the Waterfall and Edge maps, as well as fix CE's visuals to bring them back to the original Xbox experience instead of the changes that Gearbox made for the PC port. The post also talks about increasing quitter ban times (first offense is a five-minute ban, all the way up to 16 hours(!) for quitting six times) and how the custom game browser test went.

The Doom Slayer

Tempered by the fires of Hell
kiwifarms.net
According to the artist himself, apparently those comments were taken out of context. He goes into more detail in a follow-up video which I'd recommend watching since it's only 12 minutes, but a brief summary is that he was just talking about his own personal experiences and opinions of the game's development, he wants people to temper their expectations simply because he knows how easy it is for things to get overhyped, crunch was not confirmed (he was only working to the wee hours of the morning because working from home meant being distracted by family issues frequently), and he left 343 on good terms because he wanted to pursue other projects besides Halo. A good reminder to never trust anything posted on ResetEra as gospel.

In other news, season 7 flighting is going to begin soon. Aside from the usual new seasonal customization content (no hints as to what that will be yet), they're looking to add improvements to the Waterfall and Edge maps, as well as fix CE's visuals to bring them back to the original Xbox experience instead of the changes that Gearbox made for the PC port. The post also talks about increasing quitter ban times (first offense is a five-minute ban, all the way up to 16 hours(!) for quitting six times) and how the custom game browser test went.
Yeah, I saw that. Honestly I’m not sure how much of it is truthful and how much of it he’s doing just to try and cover his own ass, though it’s probably too late for that if people were gonna start gunning for him. Probably should’ve tried to make the leak more anonymous. I think either way it’s pretty clear this game had a lot of fuckery behind the scenes, and some of the stuff he was saying was basically confirmed by 343 themselves (like the engine not being ready in time for last year's demo).

E3’s only a month away and they need to impress with the re-debut cuz a lot is riding on it, none of this Craig shit like before. And also pick a more exciting section of gameplay than the 3-4 generic combat arenas they showed before. If I were them I would honestly pick one of the most impressive setpieces the game has and just show it.