Halo MCC/Infinite/general discussion thread - PRAISE CRAIG

What did you think of Infinite after the campaign showcase?

• It looked good

• Good, but they need to iron out some issues

• Majorly apprehensive

• It sucked donkey dick

• I need to see more

• I don't know

• Craig monke

Results are only viewable after voting.

Miller

👉⭐>👉👃
kiwifarms.net
Also, redesign the fucking magnum. The assault rifle looked great, in fact the general art design looked pretty good, but what the absolute fuck was that magnum. It doesn't even look like the Halo 2 magnum, it looks like a modern day pistol.
People whined when they overdesigned the UNSC weapons in Halo 4 and 5, so they went the other direction and made it too modern. Now the iconic magnum looks like a Destiny sidearm.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
People whined when they overdesigned the UNSC weapons in Halo 4 and 5, so they went the other direction and made it too modern. Now the iconic magnum looks like a Destiny sidearm.
Actually, this appears to be a different pistol called a "Sidekick", it never appeared in any of the games before.

Besides, at least this looks similar to the Halo 2 magnum, the rocket launcher in 5 was a goddamn travesty.

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
I really liked Halo 4, and I feel like people really shat over it for nothing. It wasn't a Metroid: Other M for fuck's sake, and Guardians felt like an odd midquel that doesn't really belong anywhere given they didn't do anything with Locke (or at least nothing in the games anyway, and that's all that matters).

This gameplay trailer looks old graphically, but I get that the message was, "This is the Halo you know and love with some minor tweaks. Get in there and start playing". To that I can agree, and with something as rare as 4-player couch co-op nowadays this could really kick off if its gameplay is addictive enough. Even if the graphics are second-rate it would be fine if the game is fun and people enjoy playing it.

As for story, I dunno. I feel like there should be more continuity with Guardians, which in itself had a distinct lack of continuity with 4. The ending part of the trilogy should be a conflict that has been created amidst the first two entries, not ushered in from a side-project strategy game.

Quintex96

kiwifarms.net
I really liked Halo 4, and I feel like people really shat over it for nothing. It wasn't a Metroid: Other M for fuck's sake, and Guardians felt like an odd midquel that doesn't really belong anywhere given they didn't do anything with Locke (or at least nothing in the games anyway, and that's all that matters).

This gameplay trailer looks old graphically, but I get that the message was, "This is the Halo you know and love with some minor tweaks. Get in there and start playing". To that I can agree, and with something as rare as 4-player couch co-op nowadays this could really kick off if its gameplay is addictive enough. Even if the graphics are second-rate it would be fine if the game is fun and people enjoy playing it.

As for story, I dunno. I feel like there should be more continuity with Guardians, which in itself had a distinct lack of continuity with 4. The ending part of the trilogy should be a conflict that has been created amidst the first two entries, not ushered in from a side-project strategy game.
They stopped calling it a trilogy a while ago, it's the reclaimer SAGA now

The Last Stand

I need more gin.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So Halo Infinite is one big open world rather than levels? That's what the trailer implied. Would battle royale work with Halo's mechanics?

Crustyguy

kiwifarms.net
1595555324174.png

That one brute that talked to Chief really gave me a Shadow of War orc vibe in the way it looked and moved. Maybe brutes just kinda look like uruks now. Not really worth complaining about, but it is kinda weird just how much they've shifted in design (even in halo 3 they looked liked they completely changed style in the short time between 2 and 3).

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't believe it's open world, actually. I think it's similar to Doom in that there are distinct levels but each level has side objectives you can complete.

Last edited:

Swiss46

White Trash Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
I don't believe it's open world, actually. I think it's similar to Doom in that there are distinct levels but each level has side objectives you can complete.
I got the feeling they're trying to recreate the level "Halo" from CE. there are 3 linear objectives you can do in any order you want but you still have to do them. The map is to remind you of ODST because nostalgia pandering sells units.

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
I got the feeling they're trying to recreate the level "Halo" from CE. there are 3 linear objectives you can do in any order you want but you still have to do them. The map is to remind you of ODST because nostalgia pandering sells units.
And apparently modern gamers are too dumb to navigate.

armoreddinnerjacket

kiwifarms.net
There's a lot of red flags:
The pistol and that carbine look too generic modern military, it's open world, there's sprinting, there's equipment, characters visually blend in with the background, there's upgrades.

Aside from the enemies, it doesn't feel like Halo.
I'm pretty sure the classic weapons will be back. The new human guns look like civilian or rebel stuff, the new Banished guns look unfinished but powerful.

Open world and upgrades aren't the worst things in the world if they nail everything else.

Grappling hook actually looks pretty good to me. Sprint is an entirely other discussion.

The graphics, particularly mainly the lighting, feel off.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Jack Awful

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure the classic weapons will be back. The new human guns look like civilian or rebel stuff, the new Banished guns look unfinished but powerful.

Open world and upgrades aren't the worst things in the world if they nail everything else.

Grappling hook actually looks pretty good to me. Sprint is an entirely other discussion.

It just doesn't feel like Halo. It feels like they're making it more generic with the semi open world, upgrades, and human weapon design.

armoreddinnerjacket

kiwifarms.net
It just doesn't feel like Halo. It feels like they're making it more generic with the semi open world, upgrades, and human weapon design.
You're not entirely wrong. They nailed some parts (the music sold it, honestly), but other parts need some touch up (the Banished weapons stood out to me as the worst offenders). No worries though, even if the launch is a dumpster fire the PC version will get enough fan ENBs/retextures to fix it.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
I personally didn't like the look of the weapons at all. Halo's marine weapons have always been defined by the grittiness of them. The fact that you're probably not even the 3rd owner of this gun and it still works is a great way of showing the tenacity of humanity. It feels weird that the weapons look so clean in a time where humanity is more fucked than it ever has.

Cantercoin

inexperienced artist
kiwifarms.net
You're not entirely wrong. They nailed some parts (the music sold it, honestly), but other parts need some touch up (the Banished weapons stood out to me as the worst offenders). No worries though, even if the launch is a dumpster fire the PC version will get enough fan ENBs/retextures to fix it.
So the old tried and true Bethesda method huh? I can somewhat buy that idea since I've seen chucklefucks like this everywhere ever since they dropped that gameplay trailer:
Screenshot_20200723-220208_Discord.jpg

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if the Flood or Prometheans (or maybe both) will show up in this game, those two are common on Forerunner installations after all. I really hope this is the case, having three-way battles like in the original could make the sandbox more interesting and dynamic.

Reactions: Draza

HumanHive

Human behavior is exceptional behavior.
kiwifarms.net

Open world can very easily hurt if it is too big. I enjoyed Witcher 3, for example, but half way through I was just like “it’s time for something else”. I have yet to come back to it.

You can only play the same game for so long.

Titos

Can't stop. Won't stop. Please stop.
kiwifarms.net
The lighting is completely fucked. You get 5 years to make a new engine and it ends up looking graphically worse than 4? 343 are approaching Sonic Team levels of incompetence.

Tags
None