Halo MCC/Infinite/general discussion thread - PRAISE CRAIG

What did you think of Infinite after the campaign showcase?

• It looked good

• Good, but they need to iron out some issues

• Majorly apprehensive

• It sucked donkey dick

• I need to see more

• I don't know

• Craig monke

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shibbubbish

Bored and probably stoned
kiwifarms.net
The graphics could stand to be better, but I give so little of a shit about graphics, especially when this is a pre-release build. Gameplay is what matters, always.

The gameplay itself looks pretty fun, new weapons are really cool and the grapple seems like a good middle ground for movement options, not quite at the level of 5's dodge cancer and more in-line with the earlier games, almost reminds me of equipment in H3. I don't like that sprint is back and I fucking HATE the hud hexagons. they look like complete shit
everything else is pretty nice so far though. Annoying to see people shit on it for asinine reasons. It might not be perfect but at least it's an improvement over the dogshit that came before it; does anyone like 5 at all?

Reactions: Cantercoin

Becomemysoulreaver

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if the Flood or Prometheans (or maybe both) will show up in this game, those two are common on Forerunner installations after all. I really hope this is the case, having three-way battles like in the original could make the sandbox more interesting and dynamic.
It was confirmed some time ago in one of those monthly lootbox thinga 343 used to do that cortana is currently infected by the logic plague, so the flood are most likely going to return, apparently they have been getting stronger this whole time and are ready to do the actual final test to humanity that the precursores wanted

Cardenio

The Gunt stares back at you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
After slaughtering them for 20 years does anyone else feel empathy for The Grunts? They were always the joke enemy of Halo, if it were Mario they'd be the Goombas. For crying out loud they flee in horror once Chief has turned the tide of battle into his favor. I've always felt pity for them, when they scream in horror, "LEADER DEAD RUN AWAY!" or "SOMEONE HELP I'M FIGHTING DEMON!"

Can't they break away from The Covenant? Can't one brave Grunt join the side of the Chief? I'll kill Jackals and Elites all day but I don't want to keep killing Grunts. #GruntLivesMatter

K. V. Bones

Racism Entrepreneur
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1469103
That one brute that talked to Chief really gave me a Shadow of War orc vibe in the way it looked and moved. Maybe brutes just kinda look like uruks now.
SPARTAN!

*zooms in on a pissed off brute*

Mordus, Blood Dripper

You murdered my pack brother! Well done. I'm going to enjoy killing you and using your helmet as a burial gift!

URRRRAAAAGH

*HORN BLOWS LOUDLY*

Miller

👉⭐>👉👃
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if the Flood or Prometheans (or maybe both) will show up in this game, those two are common on Forerunner installations after all. I really hope this is the case, having three-way battles like in the original could make the sandbox more interesting and dynamic.
I'd like to see the Didact again, not as a villain but perhaps as a guide or some shit like that.
As for the Flood, wasn't it implied that they were doing research on the Flood on every Installation?

The lighting is completely fucked. You get 5 years to make a new engine and it ends up looking graphically worse than 4? 343 are approaching Sonic Team levels of incompetence.
Previous Halo games weren't open world, they were big corridor shooters.

The graphics are total ass for what's supposed to be a "next gen" game, I mean are they serious with this shit?
It's on current and next gen consoles. If they ever make another Halo game after this one, it will be full "next gen".

Titos

Can't stop. Won't stop. Please stop.
kiwifarms.net
Previous Halo games weren't open world, they were big corridor shooters.
According to some recent article I saw 343 has said Infinite isn't open world, just big areas. Either way it shouldn't look anywhere near that shitty when it comes to lighting and textures. Half the weapons look like they're made of plastic instead of metal.

Cardenio

The Gunt stares back at you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The graphics are total ass for what's supposed to be a "next gen" game, I mean are they serious with this shit?
I wonder how much Covid has impacted the game. PS5 and Series X are going to have a much slower adoption rate, it might have caused Microsoft to say "Focus on making the Xbox One the target audience for this game."

Miller

👉⭐>👉👃
kiwifarms.net
After slaughtering them for 20 years does anyone else feel empathy for The Grunts? They were always the joke enemy of Halo, if it were Mario they'd be the Goombas. For crying out loud they flee in horror once Chief has turned the tide of battle into his favor. I've always felt pity for them, when they scream in horror, "LEADER DEAD RUN AWAY!" or "SOMEONE HELP I'M FIGHTING DEMON!"

Can't they break away from The Covenant? Can't one brave Grunt join the side of the Chief? I'll kill Jackals and Elites all day but I don't want to keep killing Grunts. #GruntLivesMatter
Halo 5 Firefight had a cool Unggoy boss in a big mech. Halo Wars 2 had Yap Yap The Destroyer. I like that they're getting more attention.

117218.jpg

According to some recent article I saw 343 has said Infinite isn't open world, just big areas. Either way it shouldn't look anywhere near that shitty when it comes to lighting and textures. Half the weapons look like they're made of plastic instead of metal.
Yeah I'm fine if it's a series of big areas. They just have to fix that lighting.
Having the Flood on a map like that could be quite scary. I wonder if they could do something like World War Z in a co-op Firefight experience.

Last edited:

K. V. Bones

Racism Entrepreneur
kiwifarms.net
Halo 5 Firefight had a cool Unggoy boss in a big mech. Halo Wars 2 had Yap Yap The Destroyer. I like that they're getting more attention.

View attachment 1470121

Yeah I'm fine if it's a series of big areas. They just have to fix that lighting.
Having the Flood on a map like that could be quite scary. I wonder if they could do something like World War Z in a co-op Firefight experience.
>World war z numbers of enemies combined with halos flood to be accurate to the books

I never knew how badly I needed this until now.

The Last Stand

I need more gin.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how much Covid has impacted the game. PS5 and Series X are going to have a much slower adoption rate, it might have caused Microsoft to say "Focus on making the Xbox One the target audience for this game."
That would be the smart bet. Halo 5 and the MCC were disappointments; it wouldn't be smart for Halo to leave them out in the cold for the next generation.

• Agree
Reactions: Cardenio

Titos

Can't stop. Won't stop. Please stop.
kiwifarms.net
Unless they pull a Gears 4 graphical improvement then they should really delay it. It not being a launch title isn't a big deal, almost no consoles have launched with a standout system seller. PS2 and the original Xbox had them, but the 360 and PS3 didn't really. The PS4 and Xbone only had two good launch games between them with Killer Instinct and Resogun. Frankly it's either delay it unless it's drastically improved graphically or risk it straight up killing the franchise. I'm not a huge graphicsfag but when the game looks like someone went into the console and typed out mat_fullbright 1 it makes it actively bad to look at.

Not to even mention the grass straight up culling itself on screen or the pop-in. If they can pay for Psychonauts 2 to be delayed a fourth time they can sure as shit do it for their flaship franchise because if it's a clusterfuck at launch the series will be pretty much dead to alot of people. 343 has already had 4 strikes, they fucked up Halo 4 with the awful multiplayer, MCC was a disaster, Halo 5 was straight up bullshit outside of the multiplayer and even then it was too sweaty, and Halo Wars 2 had awful microtransaction shit. It's sad because the gameplay actually looked fun and I say that as someone who hates sprint in Halo.

James Roancrest

kiwifarms.net
As long as Cyberpunk 2077 isn't delayed again, I'd be okay with Halo Infinite being delayed a bit longer if it was needed to polish it up further.

It is possible, however, that the build we saw yesterday was old and the next build we see will look substantially better (much like The 2077 deep dive last year vs the recent Night City Wire stream).

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Looks pretty fun at least in terms of fighting the covies... However will they make the Prometheans actually fun to fight this time. I really wanna see the return of enemy infighting. It has a lot of potential with the open world format. Speaking of Open world I’m not sure how I feel about it. I would’ve preferred the missions be open Non linear areas with objectives You can pursue in any order (Basically mission 2 of the first game on steroids). In terms of size I’d say around Silent Cartographer or New Mombasa Night. They could make the open world actually fun to explore but I’m concerned we’ll end up in the MGSV situation where when your in the action its fucking great but the in between stuff is a drag.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to see the Didact again, not as a villain but perhaps as a guide or some shit like that.
As for the Flood, wasn't it implied that they were doing research on the Flood on every Installation?
I personally would like The Didact to come back to wrestle "The Mantle of Responsibility" from Cortana and to have a proper boss fight against him. There hasn't been one of those since the Tartarus fight in Halo 2.
As for The Flood, Halo Wars 2 did a good job of reintroducing them into the franchise.
I would be surprised if they didn't make a reappearance.

NumberingYourState

REAL MEN Fuck Up
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I personally would like The Didact to come back to wrestle "The Mantle of Responsibility" from Cortana and to have a proper boss fight against him. There hasn't been one of those since the Tartarus fight in Halo 2.
As for The Flood, Halo Wars 2 did a good job of reintroducing them into the franchise.
I would be surprised if they didn't make a reappearance.
Considering the Zeta Halo installation was responsible for unleashing a lovecraftian terror... Indeed they should make an appearance.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Yeah, one of their dying sounds in CE is just them crying. I feel horrible every time I kill Grunts now.

Tags
None