Halo Top ice cream YT commercial fails to sell ice cream - It's a very fat woman dancing in her underwear. No, really

Trigger Me Timbers

Reformed Kekistani
kiwifarms.net
This is pretty interesting marketing campaign. It’s almost like the marketing people decided to say OK so let’s target our core demographic. Fat women.

Marketing wank 1: “ok, what do fat women do when they eat icecream?”

Marketing wank 2: “uhhh...They are very happy and would probably dance?”

Marketing wank 1: “fucking gold. Print it.”

Marketing want 3: “ But don’t people want to be skinny? Will that look weird to have a girl dancing and chugging frozen sugar milk?”

Marketing wank 1: “ Fuck it. Let’s go all body positivity just put some words on the screen saying it’s not a problem being fat, fat rètards will eat it up!”

Opinions on ice cream aside, would anyone bang her?
No, being so fat that you you have fat sacks dangling off your back is just too gross.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Wait, this is diet ice cream? So whereas most diet products pitch themselves as "this is what thin pretty people eat/drink" this one is saying "this is the ice cream that gross fat people eat?" That's even worse somehow.

It's a diet ice cream that proudly proclaims the number of calories in the entire pint on the front of the carton, as if to say, "c'mon fatty, we all know you're eating the whole thing".

GrayWater

kiwifarms.net
I'm honestly more offended by the phrase, "shoulding" than anything else. It's like "adulting" or any of these "relatable, quirky" marketing bollocks. Fuck this shit, fuck Halo Top, and fuck this landwhale.

Actually on second thought, no, forget it, don't fuck the landwhale. She's fat.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
I've never even heard of this brand. Is it one of those Trader Joe type ice creams small in size and ridiculously expensive to boot?

It's around $4 a pint at Wal-Mart or Target, up to around $6 at more upscale grocery stores. You'll find it at most stores, usually right by the other ice cream pints. The hook is that it uses stevia and sugar alcohols in it, so it's lower in calories than the other premium ice creams. We have displays of it up a lot of the time during the summer, and it always seems to perform well, so I assume it's popular, though I've never tried it myself.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
burger kang.png

Like Clockwork.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I had Halo Top before and its not bad but its not great, it's like a thin cloud of taste you barely taste it but enough to where you want regular iced cream. It's also not creamy its like more of a milky ice sort of texture.

So it's something for anorexics/bulimics/fat chicks to eat until they're disgusted with it and just binge on some real ice cream, and then vomit it up if they're bulimic.

Marketing wank 1: “ Fuck it. Let’s go all body positivity just put some words on the screen saying it’s not a problem being fat, fat rètards will eat it up!”

Not even fat fucks actually want to look at other fat fucks, though. They want to force you to look at them, though. But they don't actually want to be reminded that they're fat fucks.

Owen Grady

paleofag
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It comes in normal pints. It's gross, it's basically frozen sawdust. I didn't realize it was possible for ice cream to be dry and rough until I tried Halo Top.

It's also just a general pain in the ass to eat. Because of the low-cal thing they have to substitute the sugar and fat with other substances, and whatever it is they put in there makes it so the ice cream freezes way too much, and you end up having to wait at least like half an hour for the stuff to thaw before you can actually eat it. Otherwise you'll be using your spoon like a pickaxe just to excavate little thimble sized bites.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's a diet ice cream that proudly proclaims the number of calories in the entire pint on the front of the carton, as if to say, "c'mon fatty, we all know you're eating the whole thing".
Yeah handicapping for "it's a passable amount of calories for your normal inert American when you read the entire damn container" it's not particularly bad iced cream-like dessert food, but I wouldn't go further than that.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: DiseasedRat

Xerxes IX

personality: nihilistic
kiwifarms.net
I've only heard of the ice cream once before and it was because one of the anachan cows here was posting about it. Maybe the brand is tired of being associated with eating disorders or accused of being anachan "food" so they're trying to disgust all the anorexics into not buying it with this ad of a fat woman dancing around and justifying being fat.

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
Oh man, my husband and I just saw this ad watching videos the other night (on the Nintendo Switch YT app, on PCs we use ad block). We both just kind of looked on in shock, skipped it ASAP, and then asked each other why the hell any company thinks we needed to see that.

Also you know that girl didn’t get that overweight eating shitty diet ice cream. It was more like Ben & Jerry’s.