Halo Top ice cream YT commercial fails to sell ice cream - It's a very fat woman dancing in her underwear. No, really

Letora

Monoamine Oxidase A
kiwifarms.net
> Nauruans see obesity as a sign of wealth, an indication that you don’t need to work physically to get by. In a society that, until fairly recently, relied heavily on the physical labour of its inhabitants, a sedentary lifestyle is something admirable, something to which one should aspire.
Honestly I really wonder if this is accurate. If 95% of your population is fat, then isn't it the tendency for people to start wanting what is not common or what they don't have, which is thinness? Seeing obesity as a sign of wealth is not something that countries do once they make a certain amount of money. It turns into the opposite: usually rich people are thin, and people idolize that instead.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Shit, I've got a package of Halo Top ice cream bars in my freezer because the Instacart guy accidentally gave us somebody else's shitty dessert product (we buy real ice cream in this house, tyvm). Now I have to decide if I should throw it out or see how it tastes for a Kiwi social experiment.
You must tell us what stevia tastes like as a sweetener in ice cream.

It can't possibly taste good.

Least Concern

Pretend I have a waifu avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
Also this is neat, there's an island known as Nauru that is the fattest "country" in the world:
Don't Pacific Islanders typically have stockier builds? Like legitimate genetic predisposition to be a little thicc (as opposed to certain caucasian mukbangers). It might be a little unfair to compare the BMIs of Pacific Islanders to that of other people and declare they have an obesity pandemic.

Sourceress

chaotic neutral
kiwifarms.net
Well, the experiment has concluded! My partner and I tested a mint chocolate chip Halo Top mini bar.

It was.. not the worst thing I've ever had, probably because the little mint chocolate chip bits were the only thing you could taste and they were okay, but the texture was very strange (probably because it's made with skim milk, ew). There was that.. chemical-y artificial sweetener aftertaste after a couple of bites though, and that's not pleasant. We didn't make it through the whole bar and trashed it after a couple bites each because of the aftertaste, plus neither of us do well with artificial sweeteners. Here's hoping I don't get a headache!

Definitely would not try again. I give it a 3/10: Won't literally make you sick, but not great and you couldn't pay me enough to eat a whole one.

Fun fact: The back of the box claims that the serving size for these little fuckers is three bars. Who the hell is sitting down and eating three ice cream bars in a go? Good lord, they must know their audience.

Pier

kiwifarms.net
I thought the whole point of this ice cream was that it was supposed to be a "slightly healthier alternative", guess this commercial blows that idea out of the water since it is literally saying this:

OMG WHY BOTHER JUST ICE CREAM YO.png

Also, to those claiming store brand ice cream is best are just wrong. Blue Bell or bust.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought the whole point of this ice cream was that it was supposed to be a "slightly healthier alternative", guess this commercial blows that idea out of the water since it is literally saying this:

View attachment 1421500

Also, to those claiming store brand ice cream is best are just wrong. Blue Bell or bust.
Hagan Daz, nigga.

TatsunoKuri

Designated Art Hobo
kiwifarms.net
I used to eat Halo Top for a bit. I could never really finish them because they had such an off taste. I came to the conclusion Stevia doesn't belong in dairy products due to that. In fruit products, though, it's not nearly as terrible.

If you really want an ice cream alternative, I'd go with Tofutti. Their mint chocolate bars are pretty good.

Medical Hawaii

Whatever it is, I'm against it!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Exactly.
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episodes where the ice cream store was lying about the iced cream being non fat and Jerry and the gang gained a lot of weight
Is that the one where the other plot line is the mayor running for re-election or something, and then it ends with Kramer hooking up with the lab chick who’s supposed to be testing the contents of the froyos and comparing the sugar levels and messing up the results

Tags
None