Happy Eviction Day! - Free ride no longer free

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
Federal moratorium on evictions and foreclosure officially expires today! Que the shrill shrieking and wails of millions of people who must now pay what they fucking owe or end up on the street.

I think it's gonna be a crapshow if nothing gets done, landlords evicting as fast as possible expecting some future federal action to extend the moratorium/create a new one, tenant's rights groups launching lawsuits against landlords, militant leftists staging anti-eviction sit-ins and protests.

Overall, the winner is the side that either gets enforcement/reassurance from the government to carry out the evictions (landlords), or makes enough noise and makes it a PR disaster for the government (tenants).

That being said, the tenant's rights groups activists can only do so much, so I do still expect a rush of evictions, especially in less politically-active areas outside large cities.

Last edited:

MG-34

Not really keen on the jews.
kiwifarms.net
The real losers are going to be deadbeat tenants when landlords start selling off their property to blackrock or some chinese owned firm that's 100% worse at tolerating deadbeat tenants and just has a literal goon squad to physically throw you and your property on the street before the cops or local goverment can intervene when your rent is overdue.

Banh Xeo

Tôi nói những trang trại này an toàn để lướt sóng
kiwifarms.net
Lol I moved cross country, changed jobs, moved twice in my new state, got sick with COVID, and never missed a day of work (I made arrangements to safely not infect anyone at work, pretty nice being able to blame literally every problem on COVID) People that aren’t working right now, 95% should be charged with fraud.

Harlay de Champvallon

Archevêque de Paris, Duc de Saint-Cloud
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
istockphoto-929473348-612x612.jpg

This is what deadbeats will be seeing from today.

MG-34

Not really keen on the jews.
kiwifarms.net
There's something so fitting about Chris getting the boot out of 14 BC on the same weekend all of these tenants are getting evicted, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Would be an interesting turn of events if he ends up in some hippie shantytown or hooverville made by retards who spent their rent money on rare funkopops and other plastic garbage like him.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The people who will get boot first are simple the refusers and then the non communication types.

I'm glad this shit is over but I know people who have had hard times. Call your land lord work a deal do this like second you lost job while your typing in your unemployment info be on phone.

The refusers are the ones who feel using other people's investments is their right. Clearly it's not.

I'm really interested to see how rent prices will change. You can charge less knowing you're able to remove tentants no fear of needing to pad yourself if they stop payments. But demand will fly up and supply well the demand will be elastic lol.

Fun fact all the times people got stim checks CDI went up. It goes to show you how people are. New shoes at the food bank.. buy a tv on credit skip car payment. Look NBA stars go broke doing this with 50 mil. You bringing home 42k it just happens faster. Can't fix stupid.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Any other good articles about Eviction Day? When can we expect to start seeing the stats and numbers come in?
The problem I have with this ending are the Dem states that will extend it on a state level.

You know, morons.
The good part is there's plenty of morons in red states who will get the boot.

I mean good lord, imagine how fucking stupid you have to be to not pay rent when the government has handed you 2,000 dollars for nothing and has been paying you 600 dollars a week for not working or trying to find work. Or you know, getting a job despite there being "now hiring" signs on practically every business and more sign-on bonuses and higher wages than ever.

The results of this will be incredble. I'm expecting the police to deal with many, many reports of people refusing to leave, at least one of which will end in the idiot getting shot, and then we'll likely have another few rounds of Floyding in honor of our new Patron Saint of Homelessness as the newly homeless help themselves to reparations from Target and Best Buy. The rest of this year is going to be a wild ride.

Pee Wee Herman

Playhouse Overlord
kiwifarms.net
I got a job delivering fucking pizzas during COVID and kept paying my rent. It's what allowed me to finally buy a house. Anyone who took the dole and didnt use it to at least stay current on their obligations deserves what they get.

What worries me is just how much moral hazard has accrued in the economy because of this program.
I would use the drink reaction if I could. The entire mindset of abolishing rent is a childish embarrassment.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm really interested to see how rent prices will change. You can charge less knowing you're able to remove tentants no fear of needing to pad yourself if they stop payments. But demand will fly up and supply well the demand will be elastic lol.

It's going to be an absolute bloodbath. Millions of people looking for new rental properties in an environment where property values are at their all time high. This assumes the deadbeats will even find a place willing to offer them a lease. A bet alot of land Lord's will be very leery of giving rental agreements to the newly homeless.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's going to be an absolute bloodbath. Millions of people looking for new rental properties in an environment where property values are at their all time high. This assumes the deadbeats will even find a place willing to offer them a lease. A bet alot of land Lord's will be very leery of giving rental agreements to the newly homeless.
Shit like this gets my tin foil hat on. All I'll say to save a sperg.

Prop values are inflated now and sellers market I wonder if a few smart people bought towards front end. Skip rent 6 months down payment on a house ??? Profit.

Electric Pence

kiwifarms.net
The only people I'd want to hear call me a deadbeat are credit card companies.
As someone who is close to landlords who have been getting stiffed by deadbeat tenants taking advantage of this, even though they never lost their jobs during the pandemic, fuck them.
My dad is a landlord, and I can testify that a lot of tenants are completely taking advantage of the fact the government is letting them stiff us. As if we don't have our own bills to pay, or that we shouldn't be paid just because there's some sort of heirarchy present that triggers libtards. On top of that we've had ex-tenants break into our properties and steal shit, which might be because the property he owns is right outside one of the 10 most dangerous cities in the country.

Thing that kills me is I'm a Republican and he's a Democrat. He voted for the idiot governor that is supporting tenants who refuse to pay their rent, and only now is he realizing that was a mistake and is hoping to talk sense to them by communicating with the Demoncraps letting them know he won't vote for them again if they keep this up. But I have this feeling that they care more about sucking Kyle Kulinski's penor more than they care about their constituents.
To be fair the program started under Donald Trump. It's also bullshit, and a flagrant 4th amendment violation. It's basically the government giving over your property to someone else by decree. It should never have been implemented in the first place and the economic consequences of all these rents going uncollected could be catastrophic.
Another reason I never was a Trump-worshipper or Kool-Aid drinking True Believer™. The GOP always had a problem with nominees being a disappointment.
There's something so fitting about Chris getting the boot out of 14 BC on the same weekend all of these tenants are getting evicted, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Just don't put your finger in it.

Last edited:

Spasticus Autisticus

kiwifarms.net
Thing that kills me is I'm a Republican and He's a Democrat. He voted for the idiot governor that is supporting tenants who refuse to pay their rent, and only now is he realizing that was a mistake and is hoping to talk sense to them by communicating with the Demoncraps letting them know he won't vote for them again if they keep this up. But I have this feeling that they care more about sucking Kyle Kulinski's penor more than they care about their constituents.
It's the same deal with the landlords I know. Only I don't think they've managed to put two and two together. Even if they did, they are Boomers who have still not got over Ronald Reagan, so there is no hope for them to stop voting that way. They also run a business, and constantly complain about all the new rules that get imposed on them, and new payroll taxes which make them have to explain to their employees why their take-home pay dropped. Never figuring out why this happens though...

Electric Pence

kiwifarms.net
It's the same deal with the landlords I know. Only I don't think they've managed to put two and two together. Even if they did, they are Boomers who have still not got over Ronald Reagan, so there is no hope for them to stop voting that way.
Interesting thing is my dad voted for Ronald Reagan twice. He was the first person he voted for president, and he'd sing his praises on the Cold War and social policies anytime we talk about him. He started voting Democrat since 1992 because he knew the Republican presidents between Ford and Shrub were dumb AF.

We thought it was funny when he got a phone call from the RNC last election cycle asking him what kind of Republican he is. I guess liberals aren't the only ones who judge or stereotype middle-aged Christian straight men.

TheRedChair

Ultimate Chaos, Ultimate Confort.
kiwifarms.net

My reply to this since I invest into income property. Power leveling a little bit.

There are generally 2 types of investors.

1. BALLS TO THE WALLS SHORT TERM GROWTH

2. LONG TERM POSITIVE PASSIVE REVENUE GROWTH.

1.) I have posted in the past about long term revenue growth... Especially dealing with income property.
2.) I have posted in the past of having a incredibly draconian contract with my lease holders, obeying the laws of the land and in reply my lease rates are 20 to 30% LOWER than what the market will bare.
3.) I will fucking MURDER YOU in the court of law, if you even think of jumping payment.

I have seen so much shit and darkness in my life.. Do you really think you are going to get away with not making any sort of payment? If I can fight a fortune 500 company for almost 7 years and win, your punk ass is going to be mine.

An eye for an eye baby and I'm dead ass serious on this. You are either a wolf or a sheep in all aspects of society. This includes doing certain levels of business transactions. Bezos did not get to be billionaire being a nice guy. He's a certified prick. An evil Overlord destroying all that is in his way.

Anyhow Results.

I just did my 6 month financial report. 12% more profit than 6 months ago? Why? Because of the following...
1.) 0 Vacancies. Because of my prices of my leases.
2.) Complete, constant, and continual revenue coming in from my investments. This includes revenue from all of my leases. I continually to keep abreast on everything that can hurt the bottom line.
3. I have a very good relationship with all of my lease holders, which almost all of them are long term tenants. This is something rare these days but I believe that overall people are generally on the good side of life. I have always stated if you treat me well, I will return the favor.

This is what happens when you have a long term plan and you stick with it and after awhile you suddenly realize that you really don't have to worry about bills because you have got enough money coming in to cover them as well as everything else.

I spent years of time and effort of working with my lease holders. We created flex types of payments, even bartered when I needed someone with a certain set of skills.

There is a lot more I can write on this but the whole logistics is that It took careful planning to find the right lease holders. They are the care takers of my property and their reward for taking care of my property their leases are 20 to 30% below what the market will bare.

The investment properties are tangible assets that financial institutions look at. Making money off of those assets is just a nice benefit.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So is this gonna be all at once or is gonna be a slow burn over the next several months? It seems like the latter according to what little info I know about this.