Happy Eviction Day! - Free ride no longer free

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So is this gonna be all at once or is gonna be a slow burn over the next several months? It seems like the latter according to what little info I know about this.
It depends. Eviction is a process. A landlord is legally required to "give notice". Usually 30 days. The thing you are giving notice of is that you intend to seek legal action if they don't GTFO the property.

They actually can continue to stay past the 30 day notice period. At which point the landlord has to sue them. Which means waiting for the wheels of Justice to turn. You need to wait until a hearing date can be set, maybe wait for the judge to issue a ruling and so on. The entire process also varies wildly from State to State. So this is probably going to be a slow moving train wreck.

Thumb Butler

kiwifarms.net
I mean, all jokes aside, I'm not getting any coherent narrative for this whole mess. I glanced around Reddit, and to the surprise of no one, they're blaming capitalism and saying this would never happen if we just adopted Maoism in America. There's also a lot of smug neoliberals gloating that this only affects QAnon boomers in red states, because blue states and cities will use government funds to protect tenants and extend their moratoriums. And literally no one is blaming this on Biden whatsoever.
Sounds like someone is missing an Orange Man.

VIVIsectVI

Life is short. Death is forever.
kiwifarms.net
I saw some short clip on YT about "progressives" opposing the expiration of the moratorium, but they're only good for lip service. At the end of the day, they're still at the behest of establishment Democrats like Pelosi. That droopy, senile old cunt. I mean, Christ, that stupid bitch AOC once referred to her as "Mama Bear".

Sithis

Dread Lord of the Void
kiwifarms.net
I feel like it's far too optimistic to think the system is going to begin righting itself and that landlords are finally going to be permitted to have the same rights as everyone else, including not being stolen from on principle of existence. Eviction is a long process that takes months. Even in non-pandemic environment it took a lady near me 3 months to get some literal meth dealers evicted from her property, while they were already fighting charges in other cases for their meth sales. Some states like Texas supposedly have provisions where they have allowed the paperwork part to keep flowing during the moratorium so the only step now is the physical removal from premises, but for most states, 3 months is a long time for the Dems to figure out how to fuck over hardworking people once more so they can doll out to their nonworking constituents

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This will be going on for at least 3 months maybe longer some people are moving out now, on the first others trying to strike a deal,.some will take the 30 or so then leave then you got the hold outs be it 0 options or cancel rent crew. Sherrifs will take them out by force.

After all this I want to point out since two avg joe (no offense meant) land lords are here THIS is who got hosed. Guy does ok skips his mid life crisis vette and goes on a second home to rent. That's who got fucked not these major corps owning 1k units.

Assholes always bitch about the one percent and mega corps then fuck over your working class joe.

I hope they really redo laws to not let this shit happen again. In CME was no protection. Sorry mom and Pop tailor you're late your out. Again it wasn't burger king walmart late on rent.

WhoIsSutterKane

I think, therefore you are.
kiwifarms.net
It depends. Eviction is a process. A landlord is legally required to "give notice". Usually 30 days. The thing you are giving notice of is that you intend to seek legal action if they don't GTFO the property.

They actually can continue to stay past the 30 day notice period. At which point the landlord has to sue them. Which means waiting for the wheels of Justice to turn. You need to wait until a hearing date can be set, maybe wait for the judge to issue a ruling and so on. The entire process also varies wildly from State to State. So this is probably going to be a slow moving train wreck.
Especially with the courts already backlogged due to judges seeing 1 case a day because of the coof.

Soda Can

kiwifarms.net
A friend made a big show about the evictions, setting up a BBQ in the courtyard area of his apartment complex to celebrate. Played loud music and BBQ's steaks while his assistance walked around tacking evictions notices on every door. His nephews were busy draining the pool and removing ground cover to make the area as hot as possible in the current 98+ degree weather for no other reason than to make life miserable for the deadbeats. Petty and vindictive, but I can't blame him. Every one of them has been taking advantage of the situation and the bills come due.

Electric Pence

kiwifarms.net
Sounds like someone is missing an Orange Man.
Except in my case I've noticed tenants we suspect of being illegals never gave us trouble, and always pay on time. Changed my attitude towards illegals considering how many white full US citizens caused my family so much grief.

I think we should not only prevent future moratoriums, but revoke US citizenship for refusing to pay rent. Fuck tenants who exploit the government giving them a free pass to simply refuse to pay.

TheRedChair

Ultimate Chaos, Ultimate Confort.
kiwifarms.net
So is this gonna be all at once or is gonna be a slow burn over the next several months? It seems like the latter according to what little info I know about this.
Personally I think it is going to be mostly a slow burn.
It depends on who is your land lord and the individual in question.

There are good people that got put into a bind for one reason or another. And there are certified assholes that took advantage of the situation and they need to be punished one way or another.

If things get real bad well depending on the state it might be a write off as an expense, which I believe that is going to be the case for many large property corporations/investors.

What hurts are the small guys like me that are not as big as those property management companies and need that lost revenue to survive.

Because of how I dealt with my lease holders early on, spending the thousands of dollars doing back ground research on my potential occupants, has saved me tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars of loss in payment/destruction of property.

And a lot of headache and misery, I don't have to go through this mess of sending out eviction notices and all of the stress involved. And I am so damned happy about it.

My approach is a long term foundation of successfully having positive revenue. My leases are 20 to 30% of what the market will bear. I have very good tenants because on how I approached the matter years ago and because of that, everyone is happy.

My prices are fair and there is no stress of going through the eviction process.

However for everyone else it just depends on a case to case situation.
A friend made a big show about the evictions, setting up a BBQ in the courtyard area of his apartment complex to celebrate. Played loud music and BBQ's steaks while his assistance walked around tacking evictions notices on every door. His nephews were busy draining the pool and removing ground cover to make the area as hot as possible in the current 98+ degree weather for no other reason than to make life miserable for the deadbeats. Petty and vindictive, but I can't blame him. Every one of them has been taking advantage of the situation and the bills come due.
If I was in that situation, yea as me being a very vindictive man I would do a similar thing.

I hope your friend gets his sweet revenge.

funny-revengesilence.jpg

Gone Ham

Romeo oh Romeo, why won't you preform cunnalingus
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Personally I think it is going to be mostly a slow burn.
It depends on who is your land lord and the individual in question.

There are good people that got put into a bind for one reason or another. And there are certified assholes that took advantage of the situation and they need to be punished one way or another.

If things get real bad well depending on the state it might be a write off as an expense, which I believe that is going to be the case for many large property corporations/investors.

What hurts are the small guys like me that are not as big as those property management companies and need that lost revenue to survive.

Because of how I dealt with my lease holders early on, spending the thousands of dollars doing back ground research on my potential occupants, has saved me tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars of loss in payment/destruction of property.

And a lot of headache and misery, I don't have to go through this mess of sending out eviction notices and all of the stress involved. And I am so damned happy about it.

My approach is a long term foundation of successfully having positive revenue. My leases are 20 to 30% of what the market will bear. I have very good tenants because on how I approached the matter years ago and because of that, everyone is happy.

My prices are fair and there is no stress of going through the eviction process.

However for everyone else it just depends on a case to case situation.

If I was in that situation, yea as me being a very vindictive man I would do a similar thing.

I hope your friend gets his sweet revenge.

View attachment 2399719
Based old meme

TheRedChair

Ultimate Chaos, Ultimate Confort.
kiwifarms.net

This depends on the state. In my region I can evict anyone within 72 hours if there is property damage to the property in question. BAD people destroy property. You do NOT get your 30 days if you are having the cops being called in because of your behavior. Doing something illegal will get you booted quickly as well.

So No... If you destroy property in any of the buildings that I own you WILL be evicted in short notice.

Again in my case I have no issues because of my long term planning.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
FDRs second bill of rights included a guaranteed home for every American

This should have passed but it didn't. A shame. We have more than enough houses and land in the USA. But wagies gotta ree
In theory that's a great idea, especially since owning a home gets you invested in a community and adds stability to your life. In practice, millions of people--like the vast majority of those being evicted right now--are mentally incapable of owning a home. Some of these people would be in asylums (the ones Ronnie Raygun helped close), but others are your typical deadbeat bottom-feeders that every era had who because of upbringing or whatever, simply can't be helped no matter how hard you try to help them.

FDR came from a different era and society where stupidity was kept in check and people were more morally upstanding and shunning those who weren't was socially mandatory. Like if FDR's second bill of rights was actually in the Constitution, I shudder at the utterly idiotic rulings based on them we'd have seen the past 30 years, let alone the past 5 years. It was easier to not see the flaws in FDR's social democracy when we didn't have decades of history and sociology to observe and more importantly, when it was much easier for a hard-working person could wind up just as destitute as a deadbeat bottom-feeder because some rich asshole ran his bank into the ground and blew up the family's savings or some factory owner's desire to save a few bucks got his arm hacked off.

A lot of housing price issues comes from dumb regulations commonly found in places like California along with real estate speculation which is mostly done by big banks and investment groups and of course rich Chinese (their own market is garbage for investing in unless you're a party boss so they buy houses globally).

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On flip side knowing home owners tend to be a better breed (and more to tax) gov pushed for everyone to own. That bubble hit less than 15 years ago. I was a wee bassomatic in 08 and remember stories of people mopping floors getting 400k+ because owning homes is good. I knew this didn't make any fucking sense.

Some people prefer to rent others own. But over all depends on life and all. So I won't go down that road but with idea just give people shit it didn't work with homes something that they owned could growth wealth with why the fuck would anyone think that class of people would care about someone else's stuff?

DNA_JACKED

Pronouns are Ni/Gg/Er: proud transracialwomankin
kiwifarms.net
FDRs second bill of rights included a guaranteed home for every American

This should have passed but it didn't. A shame. We have more than enough houses and land in the USA. But wagies gotta ree
"There is not one homeless person in Tropico, if there was, I would personally build him his very own shack!"

We've all seen how horrific government housing is, from section 8 to urban "rebuilding" homes. Fuck no, some people are just completely useless and cannot maintain a home, others will trash them because they did not pay for them themselves.

How many good section 8 neighborhoods do you know of? And who, in this era of free speech violations and the government and corporations in a race to trample the constitution would think that such a second bill would have ended up well at ALL?

737 MAX Stan Account

kiwifarms.net
"There is not one homeless person in Tropico, if there was, I would personally build him his very own shack!"

We've all seen how horrific government housing is, from section 8 to urban "rebuilding" homes. Fuck no, some people are just completely useless and cannot maintain a home, others will trash them because they did not pay for them themselves.

How many good section 8 neighborhoods do you know of? And who, in this era of free speech violations and the government and corporations in a race to trample the constitution would think that such a second bill would have ended up well at ALL?
Jimmy Carter gave it the good old college try with Habitat for Humanity.