Harley Quinn - DC Universe Series - Verdict s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ IN.

UnKillFill

How come he don't want me man?
kiwifarms.net
Someone apparently promised that Harley and Ivy would get together this season and, well, after last episode the lesbians are up in arms.

View attachment 1248984

We're reaching Bernie Bros level of anger and delusion related to their dumb 'ship.
I already liked Kiteman and Ivy together, in spite of how dumb I probably would have thought that pairing would be on the surface... But if their relationship pisses these fags off *this* much, then I like it even more. I hope the show doesn't fuck that up, because Kiteman doesn't deserve to be shit on again...

ExceptionallyExceptional

I farted in my hazmat suit.
kiwifarms.net
Someone apparently promised that Harley and Ivy would get together this season and, well, after last episode the lesbians are up in arms.

View attachment 1248984

We're reaching Bernie Bros level of anger and delusion related to their dumb 'ship.
It's hilarious considering Ivy and Harley were never anything more than close friends. Even DC has said that Harley and Ivy aren't romantically involved.

It'd be even more hilarious for this show to go the lesbo route only to have it never cross over to any other DC media so the dykes screech even harder that a relationship between 2 fictional charscters in a non-canon comedy show isn't taken seriously anywhere else.

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
It's hilarious considering Ivy and Harley were never anything more than close friends. Even DC has said that Harley and Ivy aren't romantically involved.
Actually not true. I hate stupid pandering as much as anyone else but even pre-reboot, it was obvious that they not only fooled around, but Ivy had romantic feelings for her. I'm pretty sure Dini and Timm confirmed it as well.

The only difference is that back then it relied on subtlety and dynamics whereas now it's shoved in your face without any gray areas.

ExceptionallyExceptional

kiwifarms.net
Actually not true. I hate stupid pandering as much as anyone else but even pre-reboot, it was obvious that they not only fooled around, but Ivy had romantic feelings for her. I'm pretty sure Dini and Timm confirmed it as well.

The only difference is that back then it relied on subtlety and dynamics whereas now it's shoved in your face without any gray areas.
Maybe it's just a case of DC speaking out both sides of their mouths? Because the dyke crowd got pretty worked up over it a few years ago.

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
Maybe it's just a case of DC speaking out both sides of their mouths? Because the dyke crowd got pretty worked up over it a few years ago.
It's possible. The thing about DC is that they say different things every other week. This is coming from a company that still hasn't really confirmed if Batman kills Joker at the end of Killing Joke despite the events being canon and the Joker alive in the storylines afterwards. But I specifically remember Timm not only drawing tons of smut art of them back in the day, but Dini outright confirming a one-sided romance between them in Gotham City Sirens. This was all the way back around 2010-2011ish so take that as it is. I recall a few times during the Harley solo series of Ivy even lamenting that things would be easier if Harley just stayed with her forever. Again, my memory might be hazy on details but I'm pretty positive it was confirmed as early as the 2000's.

I used to think that the romantic subtext made things more interesting as it showed a more meaningful rift in the Joker-Harley relationship other than bullshit feminist crap. I can't stand the fanservice angle they're going with nowadays though.

ExceptionallyExceptional

kiwifarms.net
It's possible. The thing about DC is that they say different things every other week. This is coming from a company that still hasn't really confirmed if Batman kills Joker at the end of Killing Joke despite the events being canon and the Joker alive in the storylines afterwards. But I specifically remember Timm not only drawing tons of smut art of them back in the day, but Dini outright confirming a one-sided romance between them in Gotham City Sirens. This was all the way back around 2010-2011ish so take that as it is. I recall a few times during the Harley solo series of Ivy even lamenting that things would be easier if Harley just stayed with her forever. Again, my memory might be hazy on details but I'm pretty positive it was confirmed as early as the 2000's.

I used to think that the romantic subtext made things more interesting as it showed a more meaningful rift in the Joker-Harley relationship other than bullshit feminist crap. I can't stand the fanservice angle they're going with nowadays though.
Honestly it seems like Timm just has a fetish if he sits around drawing smut of them. If so then: biased, dismissed.
And the "one sided" thing is kinda how it always seemed to me. Ivy wants to fuck Harley, Harley just wants a friend.

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
Honestly it seems like Timm just had a fetish if he sits around drawing smut of them.
And the "one sided" thing is kinda how it always seemed. Ivy wants to fuck Harley, Harley just wants a friend.
Timm is a horny creep, so that behavior isn't unusual. That said, they were drawn in bed together in many comics.

Harley's supposed bisexuality was always pretty muted as she doesn't seem to show much interest in other women than occasionally Ivy. The one-sided factor honestly works better for dramatic purposes.

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
Doublepost, I know, but I found this while browsing the Kite Man tag. This lady is a semi-popular user on tumblr, and look at the sheer nuclear meltdown she's having because her precious Ivy is allowing a filthy man to have sex with her.
Screenshot_20200425-022737.jpg

20200425_121554.jpg

Imagine calling a woman worthless because she's in a happy, loving, and stable relationship with a man who loves and respects her. The sheer amount of incelbian vibes radiating off this post is hilarious.

Last edited:

Bread Fetishist

Public enemy to bakers everywhere
kiwifarms.net
Doublepost, I know, but I found this while browsing the Kite Man tag. This lady is a semi-popular user on tumblr, and look at the sheer nuclear meltdown she's having because her precious Ivy is allowing a filthy man to have sex with her.
View attachment 1253638
View attachment 1253639

Imagine calling a woman worthless because she's in a happy, loving, and stable relationship with a man who loves and respects her. The sheer amount of incelbian vibes radiating off this post is hilarious.
Aren’t these the kinds of people who say that women shouldn’t be solely defined by romantic relationships? Well, if this and the whole fiasco around Elsa getting a girlfriend are any indication, that only applies if they’re straight. Man, shippers don’t deserve rights.

Also, what “racist” jokes is she referring to? Or is it just the Tumblr definition of ‘racist’? It’s the latter, isn’t it?

Last edited:

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
I don't think it's lesbians who are mad about this so much as "lesbians." All the bi/nb/queer brigade. Got to laugh at someone using that screenshot of Ivy lying on top of Harley as the context of that was almost lampooning the sort of people who are posting it (context: it's a brief moment where Batman knocks Ivy into Harley live on TV and the audience all go "Oooohhh" and the TV people immediately slap a caption on it asking if they're romantically involved).

Also, the one asking why Ivy would enjoy being with Kiteman is genuinely irritating to me. It doesn't even consider options such as: he's sincere, he's good looking, he genuinely cares about her and will make sacrifices for her and isn't self-absorbed like 95% of the other villains she could date. (Including Harley who is massively self-absorbed in the show to the point she frequently wrecks Ivy's living environment where she appears to crash rent free, continuously drags Ivy in to bail her out of a mess she herself created, disses Ivy's chosen partner because he doesn't do it for her). But no, these aren't even on this posters' list!

I think it's summed up by that one going on about them making Ivy a "boring cishet". They don't care - they just see being lesbian / bi as being more special than being straight.

Showrunners are definitely in a bind. They’ve promised HarleyxIvy, but Kiteman and Ivy together is now so popular that if they break it up for the lesbians, they’ll have another group just as pissed.
As per usual, the only good solution is for the writers to carry on writing what feels good to them. Both because it'll make them happier and most of the time leads to better writing anyway.

The Shadow said:
You've never actually watched Beavis and Butt-head.
Literally the only Beavis and Butthead I have ever seen was one of them walking down a road going "TP!" and another bit where one is going "Do you like seafood, see food?" with his mouth open to the other. I have no idea what it is about or what it contains beyond this. I just got the impression it had a lot of juvenile and toilet humour in it. Must have misjudged it.

Also, what “racist” jokes is she referring to? Or is it just the Tumblr definition of ‘racist’? It’s the latter, isn’t it?
Beats the Hell out of me. I've been watching this show from the start and there are very few even references to race in it that I can think of let alone a racist joke. I do recall King Shark making a snide comment about Hammerheads...?

FernandoPooTragedy

Everyone is exceptional!
kiwifarms.net
Okay, so the Mr. Freeze episode was FUCKING BRILLIANT. It was amazing character development for Harley and Ivy. Also: lots of Kiteman. I didn't even mind the lax amounts of Psycho (my favorite power-misogynist in all of media).

Edit: As for the "racist" jokes, I am guessing that it is about the Trump's Chosen jokes. Made by Trump's Chosen writers. About Trump's Chosen people. Which they are. You'd be shocked at how often Tumblrina trip on their own feet accusing Trump's Chosen People of being anti-semitic, then turn right around and assume that all Trump's Chosen People are white and LOVE Israel.

She may also be complaining about Queen of Fables being a black woman and a villain in a show about villians and having a "stereotypical" voice... of Wanda Sykes. A black woman. Who is black. And using her regular voice. To play a villain on the Villian Show.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Catgirl IRL

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ivy and Harley is so common we can go one fucking piece of media without the human hating mutant vegan suddenly falling for a gymnast.

I loved Telltale Batman for that. You could end up encouraging and creating the Joker/Quinn dynamic...or turn the Joker into a vigilante that realises Harley is poison as sin for his mental health, and ends up shopping her to the cops.

ExceptionallyExceptional

kiwifarms.net
I don't think it's lesbians who are mad about this so much as "lesbians." All the bi/nb/queer brigade. Got to laugh at someone using that screenshot of Ivy lying on top of Harley as the context of that was almost lampooning the sort of people who are posting it (context: it's a brief moment where Batman knocks Ivy into Harley live on TV and the audience all go "Oooohhh" and the TV people immediately slap a caption on it asking if they're romantically involved).

Also, the one asking why Ivy would enjoy being with Kiteman is genuinely irritating to me. It doesn't even consider options such as: he's sincere, he's good looking, he genuinely cares about her and will make sacrifices for her and isn't self-absorbed like 95% of the other villains she could date. (Including Harley who is massively self-absorbed in the show to the point she frequently wrecks Ivy's living environment where she appears to crash rent free, continuously drags Ivy in to bail her out of a mess she herself created, disses Ivy's chosen partner because he doesn't do it for her). But no, these aren't even on this posters' list!

I think it's summed up by that one going on about them making Ivy a "boring cishet". They don't care - they just see being lesbian / bi as being more special than being straight.

As per usual, the only good solution is for the writers to carry on writing what feels good to them. Both because it'll make them happier and most of the time leads to better writing anyway.

Literally the only Beavis and Butthead I have ever seen was one of them walking down a road going "TP!" and another bit where one is going "Do you like seafood, see food?" with his mouth open to the other. I have no idea what it is about or what it contains beyond this. I just got the impression it had a lot of juvenile and toilet humour in it. Must have misjudged it.

Beats the Hell out of me. I've been watching this show from the start and there are very few even references to race in it that I can think of let alone a racist joke. I do recall King Shark making a snide comment about Hammerheads...?
Funny enough, Ivy was at one point very much attracted to Bruce Wayne because he donates a lot of his own money environmental conservation efforts, though she was kinda bitchy that Wayne Enterprises can't operate at 0 pollution despite them actually being an enviromentally concious company.... mostly because their boss is actually a masked vigilante that beats the shit out of criminals... criminals like, say, a corrupt executive cutting costs on waste disposal to line his own pockets.
The idea that Ivy is a dedicated lesbian is completely invented wholesale in the minds of tumblrinas. Yeah, she's a bit of a misandrist, doesn't mean she might not decide some man somewhere isn't worth her time.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
Edit: As for the "racist" jokes, I am guessing that it is about the Trump's Chosen jokes. Made by Trump's Chosen writers. About Trump's Chosen people. Which they are. You'd be shocked at how often Tumblrina trip on their own feet accusing Trump's Chosen People of being anti-semitic, then turn right around and assume that all Trump's Chosen People are white and LOVE Israel.

She may also be complaining about Queen of Fables being a black woman and a villain in a show about villians and having a "stereotypical" voice... of Wanda Sykes. A black woman. Who is black. And using her regular voice. To play a villain on the Villian Show.
Hmmm. It could be the ex-Mossad guy, I hadn't thought of that. It's just that anti-Semitism isn't usually the form of racism that progressives get upset about. Same caveat also applies which is that I don't think it's anti-Semitic to have an ex-Mossad villain. Frankly, Sy trying to dispose of bodies and talking about how it's just like the old days is something hilariously dark given the number of people Mossad has murdered over the decades. I think you're right - it's got to be Queen of Fables. Having a Black character who is a villain has to be racism, ne?.

Okay, so the Mr. Freeze episode was FUCKING BRILLIANT. It was amazing character development for Harley and Ivy. Also: lots of Kiteman. I didn't even mind the lax amounts of Psycho (my favorite power-misogynist in all of media).
So thinking about what you said I think it's helped me verbalize one of the things I'm really enjoying about this show. In this episode, Harley realizes she really fucked up. She also realizes that her views on love are really pretty sad compared to Poison Ivy+Kiteman and Freeze+Nora's real experiences of mutual love. And the aspect of this which is really great is that Harley's arc isn't about realizing how awesome she really is once she's no longer having her self-image wrecked by an abusive partner (though that's part of her arc and that's fine). It's also about realising that she herself has been a bad person and that she is responsible for being a better one. We got that theme in the mindscape episode as well where she realises she jumped into the chemicals willingly and wasn't pushed like she told herself. This is something entirely missing in comics and Margot Robbie Harley and is a big part of why those arcs are so flawed and so appealing to the Tumblerinas. Their version puts all responsibility on others. This Harley has a much more difficult path ahead of her.

I mean lets face it, Harley is objectively speaking a truly awful person, even to her friends. (She repeatedly wrecks Poison Ivy's stuff and lost her her home whilst living there rent free and last episode cost her fiances dream wedding because yet again she needed Poison Ivy to come over and bail her out). Why the tumblerinas want Poison Ivy to lose a healthy relationship with a person who truly loves her in favour of a murderous, home-wrecking freeloader, I don't know. (Well, that's rhetorical - we know why). But I've always found Harley Quin an interesting character. What I've disliked has been the moral free-pass she's been given more recently. Even the free-spirit 'innocent villain' original version from B:TAS wasn't given that. E.g. the episode where she's out on parole and trying to go straight. I do fear a little bit how this series will go but I thank them for recognizing that a real character arc has to include self-criticism and genuine improvement. Not just magical "I was wonderful all along" realisation.

I hope the writers come across this thread one day. I'd love them to read our comments.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Hmmm. It could be the ex-Mossad guy, I hadn't thought of that. It's just that anti-Semitism isn't usually the form of racism that progressives get upset about. Same caveat also applies which is that I don't think it's anti-Semitic to have an ex-Mossad villain. Frankly, Sy trying to dispose of bodies and talking about how it's just like the old days is something hilariously dark given the number of people Mossad has murdered over the decades. I think you're right - it's got to be Queen of Fables. Having a Black character who is a villain has to be racism, ne?.

So thinking about what you said I think it's helped me verbalize one of the things I'm really enjoying about this show. In this episode, Harley realizes she really fucked up. She also realizes that her views on love are really pretty sad compared to Poison Ivy+Kiteman and Freeze+Nora's real experiences of mutual love. And the aspect of this which is really great is that Harley's arc isn't about realizing how awesome she really is once she's no longer having her self-image wrecked by an abusive partner (though that's part of her arc and that's fine). It's also about realising that she herself has been a bad person and that she is responsible for being a better one. We got that theme in the mindscape episode as well where she realises she jumped into the chemicals willingly and wasn't pushed like she told herself. This is something entirely missing in comics and Margot Robbie Harley and is a big part of why those arcs are so flawed and so appealing to the Tumblerinas. Their version puts all responsibility on others. This Harley has a much more difficult path ahead of her.

I mean lets face it, Harley is objectively speaking a truly awful person, even to her friends. (She repeatedly wrecks Poison Ivy's stuff and lost her her home whilst living there rent free and last episode cost her fiances dream wedding because yet again she needed Poison Ivy to come over and bail her out). Why the tumblerinas want Poison Ivy to lose a healthy relationship with a person who truly loves her in favour of a murderous, home-wrecking freeloader, I don't know. (Well, that's rhetorical - we know why). But I've always found Harley Quin an interesting character. What I've disliked has been the moral free-pass she's been given more recently. Even the free-spirit 'innocent villain' original version from B:TAS wasn't given that. E.g. the episode where she's out on parole and trying to go straight. I do fear a little bit how this series will go but I thank them for recognizing that a real character arc has to include self-criticism and genuine improvement. Not just magical "I was wonderful all along" realisation.

I hope the writers come across this thread one day. I'd love them to read our comments.
I never watched the series but seeing comments like these makes me interested in watching it because I enjoyed Harley in BTAS and really dislike her modern portrayal as Female Deadpool who could do no wrong, glad to see a show is addressing that she is also a bad person would intrigue me now since Harley is put into a box of characters who are abuse victims (this is especially common on Tumblr, or really Twitter since let's be real, Twitter is the new Tumblr) where people think that just because they are an abuse victim they are automatically pure instead of being just as flawed as any other human being which based on this I am glad they are addressing.

Tags
None