Harry Potter Tumblr-verse Drama - Dumbledore is gay, quit oppressing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorhtbame

Whatever it is, I'm against it.
kiwifarms.net
This is a universe in which almost every last major villain or minion came from Slytherin, a house which abstained wholesale from defending Hogwarts during the climactic battle of the series. The two most positive characters to come out of it were a former minion who became the hero's day-to-day bête noire, and an influence peddler who accidentally set Voldemort's rise in motion--so even when they weren't outright villains, they were still somehow negative.

Why do people expect nuance or balanced portrayal out of Harry Potter?

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The best thing Rowling ever did was win a Hugo Award and then completely ignore the fact. IIRC when she won some other award a few years later, she announced at the ceremony that THAT award was the first one she'd ever won that was for adults.

George RR Martin sperged for something like a decade after the Rowling win, since one his books was also nominated that year. My google-fu is failing me in find links about this, but it was actually hilarious at the time. (2001 or 2002.)

She delivered the burn to the Hugos Vox Day wishes he could. :lol:
She says some weird things, my favourite was when she declared she didn't realize she was writing fantasy which Terry Pratchett replied:
I would have thought that the wizards, witches, trolls, unicorns, hidden worlds, jumping chocolate frogs, owl mail, magic food, ghosts, broomsticks and spells would have given her a clue?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4732385.stm

Kurosaki Ichigo

WE TUMBLIN DOWN
kiwifarms.net
Even if the movie could portray a relationship between the characters (note: there was none, it was just Dumbledore putting Grindelwald on a pedestal and Grindelwald taking advantage of that) the point in time that the Famtastic Beasts storyline takes it would have not make sense to show it. By this point the guy was being proto-Voldemort across Europe with Dumbledore trying to make up for what he helped start in catching him. And god forbid a gay man (which he was definitely not) be portrayed as abusive and a villian.

I used to look up to Rowling growing up but now those days are long gone. Let her get eaten alive by the rabid wolves she's fed, screaming about cartoon frogs.

Attachments

robobobo

kiwifarms.net
I hope they make Dumbledore as black and gay as possible. Give the role to Oprah. Have her first scene be with her sliding in on a rainbow and drop-kicking that Doctor Who wannabe main character guy offscreen, from which he's never seen again. Hollywood has basically ruined every franchise at this point, I give zero fucks what any movie does to any franchise, so at least by going balls to the wall I'll be entertained by the tire fire.

Sun Shihong

Gamefreak is really bad at world building.
kiwifarms.net
This is a universe in which almost every last major villain or minion came from Slytherin, a house which abstained wholesale from defending Hogwarts during the climactic battle of the series. The two most positive characters to come out of it were a former minion who became the hero's day-to-day bête noire, and an influence peddler who accidentally set Voldemort's rise in motion--so even when they weren't outright villains, they were still somehow negative.

Why do people expect nuance or balanced portrayal out of Harry Potter?
Ironically, most people who expect this are, guess what? Slytherin die hard fans.

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
Of course, you have the opposite: the people who freak at even the mention of someone being gay in a story. Some guy at The Leaky Cauldron was like, "Why does it have to be so politically correct, I don't want to hear about some gay relationship!" Even after people pointed out it wasn't going to be really graphic, he was like, "I don't even want to know he's gay, or there's a romance!!! Blah blah, middle aged men, blah blah blah gay people!!!"

It's like, take a chill. Gay people exist. You're not going to catch gay cooties or something.

robobobo

kiwifarms.net
Of course, you have the opposite: the people who freak at even the mention of someone being gay in a story. Some guy at The Leaky Cauldron was like, "Why does it have to be so politically correct, I don't want to hear about some gay relationship!" Even after people pointed out it wasn't going to be really graphic, he was like, "I don't even want to know he's gay, or there's a romance!!! Blah blah, middle aged men, blah blah blah gay people!!!"

It's like, take a chill. Gay people exist. You're not going to catch gay cooties or something.
I agree with the guy's sentiment to the extent that I don't give any shits what a character is doing with their genitals unless it's germane to the story. When I'm doing my job I don't just up and tell random strangers who I'm fucking, my sexual orientation, etc. It isn't relevant to what I'm doing, it's not their business, and they're probably happier not knowing. I've never gotten why, for a character to be gay or trans or whatever, they have to spout a bunch of paragraphs about it into a camera. NuTrek's Sulu is the only time I can recall it being handled well: He got off the ship, hugged a dude who was clearly his husband, went on with life. He didn't stand up on the bridge and deliver lines on how much he loves cock.

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just spent a good half-hour writing up and formatting an entire post about how Rowling was running around claiming that Harry Potter was Chinese and it turned out that it was just fake news originating from some garbage website trying to be a poor man's The Onion. Christ.

Here's Harry Potter and the Portrait of What Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash because I'm going to post something after all of that nonsense.

• Feels
Reactions: Munchingonfish

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
kiwifarms.net
Head's up, I'm about to sperg for a bit:

When I read HP books and came to the part detailing Dumbledores and Grindelwalds relationship, it was kinda obvious Dumbledore had feelings for him (Dumbledore did things and behaved in such a way you can't say he saw Grindelwald as a 'just friends'). It was subtle, but enough that you could connect 2 and 2 without throwing in cheesy romance and explicitly stating Dumbledore wanting that dick and whatnot. When J.K. Rowling said later that he's gay, I wasn't least bit surprised. In my eyes that's more than a fair representation. It was also in times when the SJW didn't exist (at least not on todays scale)

Reason why I quoted your post is because of your first sentence:

And that's why these exceptional individuals want to project so hard on Dumbledore. These morons have completely warped sense of identity and thus, Dumbledore has to be flaming gay covered in rainbows and unicorns while ramming Grindelwalds ass, instead of being yknow, complex character with his ups and downs (as he was in the books). Because every gay character has to be sexualy deviant or something to show that he's in fact, a gay person. AND ALSO, if these fucks are Potter fantards to begin with, they would know that his 'love' was one sided and thus it didn't have happy ending, therefor, where's that hot steamy gay romance they want? It shows that only thing they care about is ''MUH DUMBLADOR BEING GAY AND SLAYING IT''.

But I can say I'm enjoying people piling on J.K. Rowling, she became insufferable as of lately and her constant virtue signaling is coming back to bite her ass. This is what you get when you cave in to screeching fucktards.
Yeah, to be fair there are oodles of hints in book 7 that Dumbledore is gay. It's not just Grindelwald; it's in the obituary written for him by another elderly wizard, who mentions their "mutual attraction" upon meeting at Hogwarts. That's a peculiar phrase to use for a couple of straight dudes.

I liked Harry Potter well enough when I read it, but these kids' insistence on seeing the entire world through that rather limited lens, plus JK Rowling setting herself as some kind of moral arbiter when she didn't do much more than with the lottery with a derivative set of kids books, makes me perfectly content to watch the franchise burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino