Harvard Drops Harvey Weinstein Lawyer as a Faculty Dean - Another win for the court of public opinion.

Spicy Hog

Mediocre meat
kiwifarms.net
Imagine being fired for doing your job, hope your neighbor isn't a rapist or you'll be on the chopping block for going that barbecue he had last year.

• Agree
Reactions: FierceBrosnan

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
We have a relative who is a lawyer and one night, during a family meeting, we were teasing him because he got on tv defending a known criminal. We teased him saying "omg, how can you sleep", "you want an evil man free on the streets!". After the teasing faded a bit and we got serious, he said "I know he's evil and I don't want him free. I know he's guilty, I don't want a pardon, just him to have a fair trial and receive a fair sentence".

I'm sure many feminists would want Weinstein flogged and beheaded in a public ceremony, but We Live In A Society™ and there are rules and even punishments are meant to go accordingly to the crime.

With that said, are also gonna demand something similar for Hillary after she defended a rapist and even mocked the result of the trial?

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
I get the irony of Harvard firing its first black law dean, but the idea that racism played a part in this is a fucking joke. Every single person at Harvard mentioned in the article has a name like Chandra or Mbwebwe, I'm not even sure any white people even go to Harvard now.

• Agree

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
Imagine being fired for doing your job, hope your neighbor isn't a rapist or you'll be on the chopping block for going that barbecue he had last year.
Actually, just living next to him instead of immediately selling your house, even at a loss if necessary, so you can move across state and prove you "don't stand with rapists" will get you on the list at that point.

pwnest injun

Management of Savagery
kiwifarms.net
He got the job because of the prestige of who he represents and he lost the job because of the infamy of who he represents. Bunch of ceremonial shit.

Operating at that level, there's a whole bunch of people who are equally qualified and it's only ever politics that determines who gets the job.

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net
Wow, this is incredibly stupid. I don't know anything about the case really and I did some Google-fu to see if he was caught doing something horrifically unethical relating to the case and they conveniently forgot to mention it, but nope, this looks like they're solely doing this to appease the spoiled, sheltered tards that now make up the majority of their student body. Schools that don't severely rethink their admission standards and the idea of legacy admissions are going to become complete fucking laughingstocks in a couple of generations. When I hear "Harvard" I've been thinking "Diploma mill for rich idiots" for a while now, yeah there are a few big donors but it's going to bite them in the ass in the long term when what's left of their reputation ends up in the shitter.

hemolyzer

US Marine Appreciator and/or Muslim Disrespector.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What will these SJWs do after they graduate when they have to defend a guy who raped his own baby or a man getting divorced for fucking his wife’s mom? Are they going to be constantly asking the judge to withdraw their representation?

• Thunk-Provoking

thismanlies

The Funnest Part of Gaming is Looting Corpses.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What will these SJWs do after they graduate when they have to defend a guy who raped his own baby or a man getting divorced for fucking his wife’s mom? Are they going to be constantly asking the judge to withdraw their representation?
People who advocate for the destruction of Due Process are incapable of thinking ahead. That's especially true for the law students who played Phoenix Wright and thought "Gee, the Defense Culpability Act seems like a great idea."

TheImportantFart

Fart Herbert’s Dune
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even Kevin B MacDonald didn’t get dropped by his university. The university he worked for voted to distance itself from his views, but he was never removed and his right to academic freedom was defended by the university.

Let that sink in. The guy who wrote the textbook on anti-semitism received less censure from his employer than a guy who was doing his fucking job.

This is so stupid, and the excuse that "the students" demanded it is a shitty one. I am assuming it was actually a small group of students who are permanently offended about everything.

What if the students got together and said "No black people on campus"? Would harvard just say "OK, the students wanted it so we have to do it". Of course they wouldn't. It's their job to tell those dumb fucks "Hey exceptional individuals, what you're doing is the reason we have this goddamn structure of law and order."

Or, we should accept that "Ivy leagues" and universities as a whole are just wildly overpriced country clubs for kids, and stop sending kids to these idiotic indoctrination centers.

Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As far as I am concerned, the Ivy Leagues are lost causes and most of what comes out of them is pure garbage. This is insanity. The whole point of being a lawyer is EVERYONE gets a fair trial, including rapists. The whole point of our justice system is just that.

What happens when these dumb faggots go....oh who am I kidding. Most of the people that go to these sort of schools get easy, cushy jobs. If they don't, malpractice is a thing. When they lose their license to practice law, are they going to cry?

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Reminds me of a story my brother in law told me about a friend who had to stay at his accounting job at Enron when all that went down. People he knew were mad he'd work there doing his job after the scandal broke. It'd not like a professional has to in a sense be amoral. They aren't saying they agree with their clients behavior but a professional does not let emotions or personal feelings interfere with the job. In the case of the enron guy he had to help get whatever was left for the pensions that those assholes stole from.

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
I'm just honestly really impressed with the level of suicidal tendency I'm seeing here. Do they think that only guilty people need competent defense attorneys? Are they seriously going that far into Soviet show-trial mentality?

• Thunk-Provoking

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
I'm just honestly really impressed with the level of suicidal tendency I'm seeing here. Do they think that only guilty people need competent defense attorneys? Are they seriously going that far into Soviet show-trial mentality?
Yep, they will devolve into an idiocracy style of justice where it becomes a "just look at him" mentality for prosecution.

The key word here, in a very laconic sense is "...yet."
But I didn't say "yet" you damn misquoting bastard, and I can't go looking up exactly what laconic means in case that makes what you said makes sense!

But yeah, exactly. It does feel like the tide of public opinion is turning against this nonsense though, so I'm more hopeful than i've been for a long time about it...

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino