Has Protonmail been compromised? - Latest updates stir concern.

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
Who are the people desperate enough for brown content that they need their email service to feature ‘diverse content’? It’s a fucking email service.
Also I came to this thread expecting an actual compromise, I guess I should be content it’s just an ideological one and not "Protonmail is now Pozzedonmail"

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
I didn’t know about this.
When did they make this statement?
Just received it today. This is an announcement for all users.
Who are the people desperate enough for brown content that they need their email service to feature ‘diverse content’? It’s a fucking email service.
Also I came to this thread expecting an actual compromise, I guess I should be content it’s just an ideological one and not "Protonmail is now Pozzedonmail"
I'm starting to wonder what alternatives I can use.

Last edited:

MuuMuu Bunnylips

"I'm not angry, just very disappointed."
kiwifarms.net
"Gibsmemail"

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well there's always MailInABox. Been thinking of going that route. Just make sure to save all emails offline and delete any on your servers.

Reactions: Syaoran Li

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
What's the source of these screenshots? I can't find anything about this on Protonmail's blog nor can I find articles elsewhere about it.

Edit: Checked my inbox. It's real. The link at the end leads to a Vimeo video.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net

Their website is cheap and ugly. They should feel great shame.
One look around that dingy site and I was floored by how fake it looked. Not the organization itself (although that carries its own set of problems), but their "mission". It's probably a front for human trafficking or drugs, and there isn't anything stopping them from gaining access to "suspicious information" from users that they can sell to China. Encrypted, my foot.

Christ, I'm trying to find an alternative email provider right now. Anyone with suggestions?
What's the source of these screenshots? I can't find anything about this on Protonmail's blog nor can I find articles elsewhere about it.

Edit: Checked my inbox. It's real. The link at the end leads to a Vimeo video.
The fact that the UN is involved and whatever this "United Group" is, I don't see much use for this app anymore.

Tags
None