Has Protonmail been compromised? - Latest updates stir concern.

Baguette Child

so tender and mild
kiwifarms.net
Always nice to see an online service I actually had a modicum of respect for bend the knee to international globalism. Guess I'll start looking elsewhere for email service because there's zero chance that a collab with anything UN related won't compromise on the security that made protonmail worthwhile in the first place.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
Any suggestions for an alternative? I've been looking like crazy and my go to choice seems to be Samsung's default email app. Other than that, non mainstream apps feel rather unsafe.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Any suggestions for an alternative? I've been looking like crazy and my go to choice seems to be Samsung's default email app. Other than that, non mainstream apps feel rather unsafe.
Do it yourself. MailInABox. I mentioned downloading all emails and storing them locally, then deleting them. I can't remember why to do it atm, but its something to do with the feds. On a local encrypted drive is good but sitting on a server is free game.

PrivacyTools has a list of providers, but ProtonMail is still the first choice. There's Disroot and Riseup, but they seem to lean IDpol so I'd watch your back if you want to do some not pc shit.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
Do it yourself. MailInABox. I mentioned downloading all emails and storing them locally, then deleting them. I can't remember why to do it atm, but its something to do with the feds. On a local encrypted drive is good but sitting on a server is free game.

PrivacyTools has a list of providers, but ProtonMail is still the first choice. There's Disroot and Riseup, but they seem to lean IDpol so I'd watch your back if you want to do some not pc shit.
I've already settled with tutanota.

Dell Conagher

I solve practical problems.
kiwifarms.net
I only use protonmail for trash that doesnt matter like kiwifarms, which means you shouldent care about it being compromised or not. the security of protonmail is a meme.

if you can you should host your own email but its still not secure. its email. it was designed not to be secure. just look at birdcuck hes been fucked harder then a $2 whore

אΩ+1

The Aleph
kiwifarms.net
All this is an advertisement about one of their clients and how proton mail meets the needs of their clients.
All you are doing is jumping at shadows because what client they serve, retards like you are just like the people who try to cancel those because they happen to certain customers people except cuck like you have less spine than them.

Exterminate Leftists

including Libertarians and big-brained centrists.
kiwifarms.net
The "good ones" that are recommended are activist email providers. Basically, ban city.
Even on the page he says that cock.li is banned in a lot of places, but I haven't seen one yet. Granted how many people want an address that ends with nigge.rs or hitler.rocks or nuke.africa? Or 420blaze.it or horsefucker.org? They get some laughs but it's not a serious mail service.

Reactions: Effluvium

Dell Conagher

I solve practical problems.
kiwifarms.net
Tutanota is pretty good.
only thing that sucks about tutanota is that theyre gagging so hard on eu dick they shit immigrants.
Taken from https://tutanota.com/privacy/ said:
Processing of personal data takes place in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as with the local data protection laws applicable to the Tutao GmbH.

Lemmingwise

✊Black in solidarity with black lives matter✊
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Isn't protonmail based?

And by that I mean, based in tel aviv?

3119967d0c

a... brain - @StarkRavingMad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even on the page he says that cock.li is banned in a lot of places, but I haven't seen one yet. Granted how many people want an address that ends with nigge.rs or hitler.rocks or nuke.africa? Or 420blaze.it or horsefucker.org? They get some laughs but it's not a serious mail service.
It doesn't have 5 9's of uptime but you can always just use the airmail.cc address on the cockmail if you want people to take you a little more seriously.

msgsafe.io is a good alternative for throwaways. You can sign up on Tor, yhey don't ask for phone verification, I think you need to add an email address (can just be a temporary email provider) if you want to send emails, but it's really fast and easy to sign up. There are a bunch of domains to choose from, some of which could probably be used for phishing really stupid people (bingzone.net and reddithub.com).

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Proton's story is a big part of our identity and purpose, from our creation by a group of scientists who met at CERN"

CERN. There's a red flag.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Effluvium
Tags
None