Has Protonmail been compromised? - Latest updates stir concern.

Sam Losco

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
RiseUp was compromised by *SOMEONE*- their canary NEVER indicated it.
However, Riseup automatically informed every user - AFTER the fact.

Do not use RiseUp. I'm not saying it's a honeypot, but it's not professionally managed.
Are you saying they should have alerted everyone to a compromise before it happened?

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
Are you saying they should have alerted everyone to a compromise before it happened?
They should have killed the canary, instead of everyone logging in (leaving a trail) and hopefully reading the mail.
The canary was able to be reviewed without logging in.

Most people ignore the company emails - updates and ebegging 99% of the time.

Grey Gardens

come play with us
kiwifarms.net
They should have killed the canary, instead of everyone logging in (leaving a trail) and hopefully reading the mail.

I didn't realize anyone logged into their protonmail account after they signed up for one to make a KF account. I'm not checking emails on ProtonMail or anywhere else that's not my real normie account until I figure out how to assume the identity of some poor long-dead child from the 1800's.

Sam Losco

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Since when do canaries cover hackings? I thought those were just for secret court orders. Plus, people make a big deal about the canaries but how many people actually bother to check that it's there every time they go to a site? I'm looking around riseup.net right now and don't even see one. Not to mention the whole site looks like it was designed and is run by commie trannies. Oh, wait, it's based in Seattle. Yep, commie trannies. You'd be an idiot to not assume that's a glowie front just from their About Us page.

Reactions: CDWLTY
Tags
None