Have you ever almost destroyed your life? -

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
I'm in a slow spiral of destroying my life, shit grades and a lot of :powerlevel: shit basically means I'll more than likely never get into college and get a job I want. Do your work in high school lmao I'm not even out and I'm already a lost cause
Fuck college. It ain't for everyone. Or most people for that matter.

I got a DUI in college and dropped out because of it. It was actually one of the better things to happen to me. Dropping out. Not the DUI. That part sucked.

I doubled down on the job I had and made it a career. Things really snapped into focus after that. You would be amazed at what kind of doors open and the opportunities that arise when you fully commit like that. Turns out employers don't fast-track people who are being wishy-washy about sticking around. Who knew. A couple years later I was running shit. It wasn't how I planned it and it wasn't something I wanted but it worked out.

Valiant

Salty Space Bitch
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Well one night I was shotgunning my friends car, quiet road, turning so we could look at the bay before we could call it a night. Drunk woman just goes straight through us, scrapes my side of the car and then flees the scene. I was certain that if my mate didn't stop in a second we would of been tboned and guess who wouldn't be alive today.

As for personal life being destroyedI moderate here

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
I signed up for Kiwi Farms, and then pissed off @Null within a couple hours. I've heard stories.
LOL I'm still banned from the chat because of my antics. I keep trying to get my senpai to notice me but Null-Sama no ruv me.

Fuck college. It ain't for everyone. Or most people for that matter.

I got a DUI in college and dropped out because of it. It was actually one of the better things to happen to me. Dropping out. Not the DUI. That part sucked.

I doubled down on the job I had and made it a career. Things really snapped into focus after that. You would be amazed at what kind of doors open and the opportunities that arise when you fully commit like that. Turns out employers don't fast-track people who are being wishy-washy about sticking around. Who knew. A couple years later I was running shit. It wasn't how I planned it and it wasn't something I wanted but it worked out.
Yep. I honestly make more now as a security guard than I would have had I pursued an English degree and done teaching like I thought of. I make over 45k a year at my job and have full benefits. It just took some time to figure out which company to stick with and just be reliable and hard-working. People above will usually notice if you're always willing to work extra hours and don't piss them off with stupid shit.

Funny enough I work with a guy who got an art degree. He's saddled with debt and not going anywhere with his bullshit. I'm debating on when I become supervisor to fire him immediately or play a subtle game of make shit suck as legally allowed so he quits in a huff. I guess it depends on how supervillainy I feel that day.

I think Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs said it best, "Follow your passion" for work is usually terrible advice. People look down on manual labor jobs but they are steady income and also having a huge jump in pay because less people are willing to do them these days because the whole "you gotta go to college" bit has created a short supply of guys who know how to make and fix shit.

Zack the ripper

Super villain
kiwifarms.net
my man your fear is very much understandable , im glad you are safe bruh , if you mean ruin your life literally as in physically ? i once protested in a third world country and we were getting shot at but i lucked out , the adrenaline was high enough that it didn't traumatize me tho , aside from that no im very aware of my surroundings
if we talk figuratively its a different story , i once hanged out with a girl that cost me all my friends at the time plus my rep was stained for ever for being a sucker

Reactions: tumblrkek

Commander Keen

in GOODBYE GALAXY!!!
kiwifarms.net
LOL I'm still banned from the chat because of my antics. I keep trying to get my senpai to notice me but Null-Sama no ruv me.

Yep. I honestly make more now as a security guard than I would have had I pursued an English degree and done teaching like I thought of. I make over 45k a year at my job and have full benefits. It just took some time to figure out which company to stick with and just be reliable and hard-working. People above will usually notice if you're always willing to work extra hours and don't piss them off with stupid shit.

Funny enough I work with a guy who got an art degree. He's saddled with debt and not going anywhere with his bullshit. I'm debating on when I become supervisor to fire him immediately or play a subtle game of make shit suck as legally allowed so he quits in a huff. I guess it depends on how supervillainy I feel that day.

I think Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs said it best, "Follow your passion" for work is usually terrible advice. People look down on manual labor jobs but they are steady income and also having a huge jump in pay because less people are willing to do them these days because the whole "you gotta go to college" bit has created a short supply of guys who know how to make and fix shit.
Ah, one of those types. I had a manager like that in grad school. She was a drop out from the same university as me and tried that game. Changed up my hours, tried to schedule me to work on days I had class despite me giving ample notice I would be unavailable on those days, changing my job duties, refusing requests to be scheduled off, things like that.

My advice is to learn labor law if you want to play those games. You can’t just go “well, this seems legal” and go with it. In my case, I said it was gender discrimination but I knew she was just drunk with power and was trying to show me who’s boss. I left pretty soon after she came on board, as I had finished up grad school, but she was eventually terminated. She got drunk and called me by accident one day to beg for her job back.

So just be careful, especially since it seems like you want to make the security guard thing a career. Are the laughs worth it to “bully” someone like that when your career is on the line? Even if the accusations are unfounded, it will still be on your record as a supervisor that you were investigated.

Lurkette

Professional Depression
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Literally every time I post on the internet. Its a fine line between "interesting" and "not interesting enough to dox".

My biggest fear isn't being halal'd, its being the most boring halal. Still undecided if that means I should go all out and flash my boobs or some shit, or not.

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Ah, one of those types. I had a manager like that in grad school. She was a drop out from the same university as me and tried that game. Changed up my hours, tried to schedule me to work on days I had class despite me giving ample notice I would be unavailable on those days, changing my job duties, refusing requests to be scheduled off, things like that.

My advice is to learn labor law if you want to play those games. You can’t just go “well, this seems legal” and go with it. In my case, I said it was gender discrimination but I knew she was just drunk with power and was trying to show me who’s boss. I left pretty soon after she came on board, as I had finished up grad school, but she was eventually terminated. She got drunk and called me by accident one day to beg for her job back.

So just be careful, especially since it seems like you want to make the security guard thing a career. Are the laughs worth it to “bully” someone like that when your career is on the line? Even if the accusations are unfounded, it will still be on your record as a supervisor that you were investigated.
Oh its not for laughs. This guy has been constantly late , has violated multiple rules, has made inappropriate jokes, and has a bitchy attitude with bullshit teenager style excuses (he's in his 30s) for his antics. I have ample reason to outright fire him but I'm not yet supervisor.

I just can't decide if I go immediately for the firing or let him sweat a bit for it.That's the extent of what I can do there.

It's security and an at will employment state. He'll be reassigned to another site by the company. Kinda how things go. So not so much a firing but removal from site.

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: John Titor

Commander Keen

in GOODBYE GALAXY!!!
kiwifarms.net
Oh its not for laughs. This guy has been constantly late , has violated multiple rules, has made inappropriate jokes, and has a bitchy attitude with bullshit teenager style excuses (he's in his 30s) for his antics. I have ample reason to outright fire him but I'm not yet supervisor.

I just can't decide if I go immediately for the firing let him sweat a bit for it.That's the extent of what I can do there.

It's security and an at will employment state. He'll be reassigned to another site by the company. Kinda how things go. So not so much a firing but removal from site.
If it’s “at will” in your state, you can terminate for any reason that doesn’t violate labor law. Chances are, though, if the company you work for is large then you’ll have to get approval from someone to terminate.

If he’s showing up late all the tine, that’s easy. Just write him up. Management has his time sheets, so there will be a pattern. You might have to jump through a couple of hoops, but it won’t be hard.

• Agree
Reactions: Maxliam

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
If it’s “at will” in your state, you can terminate for any reason that doesn’t violate labor law. Chances are, though, if the company you work for is large then you’ll have to get approval from someone to terminate.

If he’s showing up late all the tine, that’s easy. Just write him up. Management has his time sheets, so there will be a pattern. You might have to jump through a couple of hoops, but it won’t be hard.
Oh it's even more beautiful. We log in on an app. It notifies them when he's late. Largely they leave it to supervisors to lead as they see fit in this region. The current supervisor is kinda a Ned Flanders pussy type who wants everyone to get along and doesn't discipline for shit. Literally this guy has been late 80% of the time. His lame-o excuse is "It's only a few minutes". With him it's always an excuse for anything he does. I'm just going to build an air tight case on him so when I send him to the office for reassignment there is nothing they can argue against. For now (a week) he has been showing up on time. It won't last and I'll simply start writing up when he's late and then sending him off.

Somewhere in that pathetic arts degree getting (art degrees are for girls and trophy wives, like communication degrees) pea brain of his, he's aware he's digging a grave for when the current nice guy leaves and I take over.

Commander Keen

in GOODBYE GALAXY!!!
kiwifarms.net
Oh it's even more beautiful. We log in on an app. It notifies them when he's late. Largely they leave it to supervisors to lead as they see fit in this region. The current supervisor is kinda a Ned Flanders pussy type who wants everyone to get along and doesn't discipline for shit. Literally this guy has been late 80% of the time. His lame-o excuse is "It's only a few minutes". With him it's always an excuse for anything he does. I'm just going to build an air tight case on him so when I send him to the office for reassignment there is nothing they can argue against. For now (a week) he has been showing up on time. It won't last and I'll simply start writing up when he's late and then sending him off.

Somewhere in that pathetic arts degree getting (art degrees are for girls and trophy wives, like communication degrees) pea brain of his, he's aware he's digging a grave for when the current nice guy leaves and I take over.
Well, if it is truly “a few minutes” then he falls under the window. Most non-exempt employees (employees paid an hourly wage, not a yearly salary) have a window of seven minutes before and after the assigned shift start.

Like if my shift starts at 6:00pm then I have until 6:07pm to clock in. On the flip side, I cannot clock in before 5:53pm.

So if he’s clocking in less than seven minutes late, then he’s gonna be safe.

• Agree
Reactions: FierceBrosnan

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
To keep on topic. Yes I almost ruined my life. It was called enlisting in the Army. Yeesh, that was a big mistake.

Well, if it is truly “a few minutes” then he falls under the window. Most non-exempt employees (employees paid an hourly wage, not a yearly salary) have a window of seven minutes before and after the assigned shift start.

Like if my shift starts at 6:00pm then I have until 6:07pm to clock in. On the flip side, I cannot clock in before 5:53pm.

So if he’s clocking in less than seven minutes late, then he’s gonna be safe.
This is after being well over 7 minutes late. Constantly. That's just one of many things he's done that our current supervisor just shrugs off or says he'll "talk with him about". The system we log into gives you a window of 6 minutes before and 6 minutes after your shift starts. After that it flags you as late to the area office.

So far I've been allowed to just take his time while I waited. So when he's 15 minutes late, I am given that time. However since he has such a lax attitude towards everything (yes I'm aware it's just a crappy security job but at least make an effort to look like you sorta give a shit) including drawing satanic symbols on post-it notes and leaving them in plain view of the desk (his excuse was "I listen to a lot of metal..") and other little things like dress code violations and generally having a shitty attitude with others, I'm going to make it a point to remove him. Insubordinate attitudes and unprofessional behavior can't be tolerated.

Basically the current supervisor is protecting him because the guy's too soft. The office has sent him e-mails telling him to get the tardiness of this employee in order. It's been so-so this past week but I guarantee it's not going to last. The guy lacks any form of discipline.

Last edited:

FierceBrosnan

Still 100% Daddy, don't ever think otherwise.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Still undecided if that means I should go all out and flash my boobs or some shit, or not.
PM me the boobs I'll help you with that decision. :like:

As far as damn ruining my life goes it's happened more times than I count. I don't know if that makes me extremely lucky that I haven't been completely ruined or just magnet for bad shit happening. One thing I wish I could do is go back and fix things for the people my awful decisions affected. I owe it to so many lost friends and exes to not be the absolute raging, unstable, lying, cheating shitheel I was when I was younger and to be a better friend and person all around from now until whenever I pull some stunt and blow myself up, but in a cool way not in a terrorism way. I think the ones I regret the most were the pregnancy scares, not because of the whole fatherhood thing, but because of how absolutely terrible I became to the girls because I didn't want to be a father. Granted they might have been a little awful themselves but they didn't deserve the things I said, yes I paid for the abortions, they've moved on to happier lives with better men, but I still feel awful.

Then there were the accidents I had no control over, from being choked out by my mom as an infant and being legally dead for a bit, to the car wrecks that should have left me in a state of man paste all over the highway, or the horrible shit that happened to me because of my father. And every time one of these events occurred I thought to myself "yeah this is it, this is the worst thing yet and my life is over." I'm still here and honestly doing better than I expected for myself. My past doesn't get to define me but I cannot deny the things I've experienced or done had to grow and learn and move forward.

Vocaloid Ruby

#VOCAMERICA is a scam
kiwifarms.net
My life has been a whirlwind of stupid shit lessons I've had to learn and moments where I nearly ended it all, like many. I'm surprisingly quite young as well.

My life has nearly been destroyed a lot of times mainly from outside sources surprisingly. because even tho I'm a dumb shit I do have a head on my shoulders when it counts.

Having that said, I'll drink to the fact I have many more years to destroy my life!

Cheers! :drink:

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino