Have your favorite franchises become cancer to you? - I'm not afraid of change, but I am afraid of getting a wooden nickel.

Have you dropped franchises because of SJW or other type of cancer?

• Total voters

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
Okay I am an older guy, and I grew up with a lot of stuff over the years. Semi-recently on the /m/ board of 4chan there was a thread about IDW's treatment of the old Transformers franchise in comic form. I hadn't paid attention to that stuff for about a half a decade. What I learned is now that Transformers has jumped into SJW territory. I want to say my heart sunk, but honestly I wasn't surprised.

Star Wars, Star Trek, Transformers, various sitcoms and movie franchises, they start out good at times, and then the cancer sets in and I have just dropped out. My favorite hobby has a difficulty with one of the lead producers being a bit of a pansy, but it's holding in there without going full SJW-Gump.

Another example: - I dropped out of Star Wars because of the prequels being such ass, but I didn't despise the franchise. When that Rogue One movie came out, the SJW brigade at Disney was making nasty tweets about how the empire or new order or whatever they are called were a white supremacist organization or something. It's been a few months and /tv/ was on it for a while. The moment politics of that order gets infused into things, I tune out. Customer lost: forever. I just want to be entertained without being bitched at.

Have you had any franchise you loved as a kid, and it just turned to mush?

D. Sweatshirt

Shit's real, grip the wheel, lift steel
kiwifarms.net
Homestuck is dying a deservedly quiet, painful death. Thank God they stopped making a lot of content for it, or else it'd be even worse.

Other than that, most of my favorite franchises are either already dead or are having good content emerge for it, like Lupin the Third.

EDIT: Looks like the Hiveswap game they keep teasing is probably coming out next week. I'm bracing for impact, it's gonna be total shit.

http://archive.li/uSU9U

Last edited:

HomeAloneTwo

I got to say the nay-no, my brother.
kiwifarms.net
Homestuck is dying a deservedly quiet, painful death. Thank God they stopped making a lot of content for it, or else it'd be even worse.

Other than that, most of my favorite franchises are either already dead or are having good content emerge for it, like Lupin the Third.
The feels when you get a homestuck tattoo years and years ago because it got you through some hard stuff, but now you want to rip your skin off everytime someone comments on it and now it represents one of the worst fandoms ever.

Miss Hortensia

Yet another Eurofag
kiwifarms.net
Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear. Tbh, I didn't had the greatest expectations after hearing who's working for them as a writer, but I still wanted to play it since it's BG. Well, what can I say? They shoehorned a transexual character into a game which already had an hilarious episode about gender issues (Edwina, anyone?). The SJW stuff was really blatant and disallowed you to roleplay a jerkass bhaalspawn. If I remember correctly, you couldn't mock said transsexual character and even some of your companions who would normaly never miss a opportunity to annoy the shit out of somebody were implausible silent (Edwin, again?).

Not transsexualism or female empowerment have broken the deal (Jaheira and a female CHARNAME were already strong female protagonists), it was the rather bad writing.

R

RG 448

kiwifarms.net
Nothing I like has gotten so sjw that I dropped it completely. I lost interest in Star Wars because the last good movie they made was Empire Strikes Back but that was a good thirty years before the sjw generation was born so that had nothing to do with it. Fandoms of shit I like are a completely different story but they're also easier to ignore/fuck with.

Bob Page

Electronic Old Gendo Ikari
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fucking Wolfenstein, man. With the recent developments in the geopolitical climate, people are starting to become full-on ANTIFA with some of the freaking comments in the videos for Wolfenstein 2 the new Colossus(and The New Order to a lesser extent). You can look at the comments in just about any video for the game and you'll see many people sperging about what happened recently and even the game makes a slight reference to it.

I bet any of those schmucks haven't even played Wolf 3D, Spear of Destiny, or Return to Castle Wolfenstein to be familiar with the series and only gave a shit about it when 2017 came around. I love the franchise to death, but I hate how recent times are potentially going to turn it into a platform for an agenda instead of being a fun FPS series.

Last edited:

Un Platano

big blatano xDDDD
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fucking Wolfenstein, man. With the recent developments in the geopolitical climate, people are starting to become full-on ANTIFA with some of the freaking comments in the videos for Wolfenstein 2 the new Colossus(and The New Order to a lesser extent). You can look at the comments in just about any video for the game and you'll see many people sperging about what happened recently and even the game makes a slight reference to it.

I bet any of those schmucks haven't even played Wolf 3D, Spear of Destiny, or Return to Castle Wolfenstein to be familiar with the series and only have a shit about it when 2017 came around. I love the franchise to death, but I hate how recent times are potentially going to turn it into a platform for an agenda instead of being a fun FPS series.
I gave up on Wolfenstein after I bought The New Order and it outright refused to run on my computer because fuck me and there's nothing I can do about it. Apparently it's a problem with a huge number of people and MachineGames has done nothing to fix it. I'm never buying anything from them again.

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
kiwifarms.net
Totally with you on the Doctor Who thing. I didn't mind Peter Capaldi, the 'crochety old' doctor has always been a staple of the series in the early days and he did a nice throwback to that style. Ever since the show rebooted, it's been 'progressive' to just below the point of annoyance with pushed interracial couples, every 3rd character being openly homosexual (Only the Omnisexual Capt. Jack Harkness pulled it off well, especially in the Torchwood spinoff) and anvilicious stories from time to time. However, making the next Doctor a woman is just too fucking much.

The Doctor is a man. Always was, always should be. This is foolish. Seriously, I am going to make a petition to have Wonder Woman be a dude in the next movie and see what kind of SJW screeching outrage I get, the irony going completely over their pointy little heads.

In a somewhat related vein, I'm off The Dark Tower's movie franchise and was before it even came out in the theatre to the well deserved shit rating of 16% approval. Roland Deschain is white. Pure and simple. His whiteness is even a major plot factor in the second book where one of the characters (a black woman in a wheelchair with split personalities) repeatedly calls Roland a 'White honky devil rapist'.

Idris Alba is a good actor, but he is fucking well NOT Roland!

Alright, thanks for getting me powerlevelling. Fuckin hell, I need to go to bed.

D. Sweatshirt

Shit's real, grip the wheel, lift steel
kiwifarms.net
Totally with you on the Doctor Who thing. I didn't mind Peter Capaldi, the 'crochety old' doctor has always been a staple of the series in the early days and he did a nice throwback to that style. Ever since the show rebooted, it's been 'progressive' to just below the point of annoyance with pushed interracial couples, every 3rd character being openly homosexual (Only the Omnisexual Capt. Jack Harkness pulled it off well, especially in the Torchwood spinoff) and anvilicious stories from time to time. However, making the next Doctor a woman is just too fucking much.

The Doctor is a man. Always was, always should be. This is foolish. Seriously, I am going to make a petition to have Wonder Woman be a dude in the next movie and see what kind of SJW screeching outrage I get, the irony going completely over their pointy little heads.

In a somewhat related vein, I'm off The Dark Tower's movie franchise and was before it even came out in the theatre to the well deserved shit rating of 16% approval. Roland Deschain is white. Pure and simple. His whiteness is even a major plot factor in the second book where one of the characters (a black woman in a wheelchair with split personalities) repeatedly calls Roland a 'White honky devil rapist'.

Idris Alba is a good actor, but he is fucking well NOT Roland!

Alright, thanks for getting me powerlevelling. Fuckin hell, I need to go to bed.
As a fellow fan of the Dark Tower series, I was initially open to the idea of making Roland black. A shame they botched it, and strange considering his initial interpretation resembled Stephen King himself. Russell Crowe would've been a better choice.

Alto

Space Doggity
kiwifarms.net
There was a brief, foolish period where I thought Steven Universe looked like a cute and fun little tv show. That was swiftly dealt the killing blow the moment I got a good whiff of the fandom.

That said, most of the franchises I'm into ended a while ago and have thankfully been preserved thanks to the wonders of time, aging like fine wine without a bunch of teenaged tumblr-tards bursting in to tell me how "problematic" everything is.

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
While I still really appreciate the books, I'm starting to lose patience with the A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones franchise because the show is watered-down to the extreme in relation to the source material and at this point is likely the only ending we're gonna get. I've basically resigned myself to the fact that The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring will never release due to George R. R. Martin's procrastination so that in the off chance that they do, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Additionally, I've flirted with leaving Marvel behind due to the SJW ass cancer that's infecting the comics, me enjoying the movies on a less consistent basis (largely due to them constantly undermining their own setting with poorly-placed bathos), and the fact that the fanbase can be faggots at times.

That said, I have not officially left either, merely flirted with it.

Dysnomia

Absolutely AFABulous
kiwifarms.net
The Jem comic made me a sad panda. It's done by some SJW who I think is a troon. Or one of the other two who do art and writing is. The art isn't that bad. But it's got a sort of "tumblr artist is kinda good at drawing monster high style anime sometimes" vibe. If that makes sense. I don't hate it. But it sometimes looks awkward to me. I think that the original style was nicer. Unfortunately the new art is heavily slanted towards "muh body diversity".*sigh*

In the 80s cartoon both the Misfits and Jem & The Holograms were heavily into physical fitness. There were lots of scenes of them working out. It was the 80s and there were a lot less fat people. Everyone was on a diet. I think people were way more healthy when they actually cared about their appearance.

Several Jem characters are fat or chunky in the comic.

Roxy is legit learning disabled. There's a whole episode about how she can't read. I'm wondering if they use her disability in the comic as a "muh ableism". It's amusing that she hates tumblr. Roxy would be the first person to walk up to a tumblrina and punch them in the face for telling her how to think.

And she got them thicc thighs. I'm not sure if I remember her being into technical stuff. I remember Minx liking that stuff and actually managing to get close to Techrat because of it. But hey, she's Asian. She was born knowing how to hack a mainframe and programs in her sleep. Nothing stereotypical about that. In the original there's a story arc about people thinking she is cold because she doesn't emote much and is pretty quiet. I'm surprised that they didn't take this as an opportunity to turn Aja autistic. Although I think Techrat legit is.

They turned her into a hambeast! :cryblood:

There's even a scene of her slurping down pizza like a slob. I think there's an episode of the 80s cartoon where she wants a donut but doesn't want to get fat. Or is told if she keeps eating them she'll get fat. Something like that. Maybe her new design is revenge for that scene.

She was turned into Kimber's girlfriend. However, there's actually a reason why they did this. It wasn't just a random thing. It's a fanon thing. There's an episode of the 80s cartoon where both Kimber and Stormer have fights with their respective bands because they feel like they aren't being appreciated. They both quit and go to a nightclub to let off some steam. They get to talking, become friends and decide to become a duo. So Kimber is hanging out with Stormer every night and coming home really late dressed like a Misfit. And Jerrica becomes concerned she's going to join them or end up in trouble. Some fans took this to mean that Kimber and Stormer were in love. I'll admit you can sort of view it that way. But Kimber would have to be at least bisexual since she goes through a bunch of male love interests. There's a two parter where she falls in love with some stunt double on a movie set. I can't remember if Stormer ever had a love interest or showed any interest in a male character. But all that aside, this was done for one reason and one reason only. To satisfy fanwank.

I actually don't have a problem with it. It's just that they shouldn't have made Stormer the fattest fatass between the two bands. She looks repulsive. Those clothes must feel like a boa constrictor constantly squeezing the life out of her. If you're not gonna lose weight at least wear something that fits. She must be the fat lesbian representation character.

This one's interesting because while Jetta has been made black it's actually technically canon. Originally Jetta was designed as a black girl. But pressure from the networks over a Misfit being black and how people might see her bullying antics as racist. The show was already very diverse for its time. And they did it without screaming about how diverse they were every five minutes.

Essentially Jetta is a poor white trash from the UK who lies about being rich. Except now she's been reverted back to her original form. Poor black trash from the UK who lies about being rich.

Also...
http://jemcomic.wikia.com/wiki/Techrat
In her original concept, Christy Marx designed Techrat with Boy George in mind, who is the androgynous lead singer of the band Culture Club. Inspired by the New Romantic movement, Marx wanted Techrat to be completely androgynous, and for the viewer to be unable to determine if he was male or female.[2] Marx's design was rejected by Hasbro, because they weren't willing to deal with a concept so controversial.[3] IDW Techrat's physical appearance is strongly influenced by Marx's original concept, with a much more androgynous appearance featuring considerably longer hair, painted nails, and a mix of traditionally masculine and feminine wardrobe pieces. Although Techrat's gender identity has not been explicitly stated in canon, he appears to still to use he/him pronouns
How much you wanna bet he's gonna turn out to be a troon? I'm surprised that they dialed down his autism level. He spent most of the cartoon tinkering around with gadgets in a dark room and screeching whenever someone touched him.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino