• "The fuck is a Kiwi Farm?"

Careercow Hayden Black: Gen Zed is a Pipe DreamInstead makes shit jokes about our god emperor

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by Ass Manager 3000, Aug 29, 2015.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

?

When do you think GEN ZED will be released?

1. 4 months time

3 vote(s)
    0.4%
  2. 6 months time

3 vote(s)
    0.4%
  3. A year +

17 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Never

242 vote(s)
    34.7%
  5. Pew Pew!

433 vote(s)
    62.0%
  1. Don't believe these lies please.

Remember, this guy is claiming that he routinely gets 1 million views on his radio broadcasts, and yet none of that seems to be spilling over into his social media? Especially for someone who seems to go around constantly hyping up his own show as much as he does? It's odd.

Also, i'm looking a bit in to this Sobel Promotions place. It seems a little interesting that this 'Barbara Sobel" would so quickly respond, making sure to have a mini rant about how pathetic the Youtube trolls are, no less!

Apparently Nice Guy Eddie is apart of Rainbow Road.fm, which is a 24/7 live LGBT radio station. Alright, so this has got to have like a ton of Facebook likes or something right? Millions of views the Eddie is pulling in, plus whatever else all the other hosts are pulling in, of which there appear to be numerous, that's gotta add up to something right?

At the bottom of the Rainbow Road.fm Schedule page, you'll find this. (text highlighted because it's dark text on a dark background)
    capture2.PNG

Literally the first thing I noticed about their website is it has autoplaying music, and some dumb smoke video effect thing that is causing a shit ton of lag on my computer. Ya know, the best way to design your website! www.sobelpromotions.com
    Also, this Barbara Sobel, when checking her Wikipedia page, you notice a few issues.......
    Capture.PNG
    Notability issues...few verified citations....major contributor with close connection to subject...remind you of anyone we know? :story:

Anyone else wanna help look through this stuff? I just kind of want to find any kind of stats about listeners. That tiny amount of Facebook likes seems to be a pretty good indicator of their shows lack of listeners already...

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    sassyma seed

sassyma seed Cat with an f

kiwifarms.net
  2. I know.

Anyway, it looks as if there was a pretty big edit war that went on for a while at the Wikipedia page, mostly due to a lack of references.
    barbara_sobel_self_promotion.PNG

The talk page is also very upfront.
    barbara_sobel_talk.PNG

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Hat

Hat Tranny Sayaka Miki
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. Ya. I wasn't expecting a reply so quick, especially from a "company" on the weekend, so... They aren't what they're trying to say they are either. That and it seems like they have no PR department, as not all publicity is good publicity as they seem to think... Otherwise there wouldn't be PR departments... I looked at Sobel's wiki before eMailing and it just set off warning bells when her information isn't cited, and it would be useless to reply and pop her bubble as I don't know Eddie's voice and have not listened to his podcasts... It kind of doesn't count toward his tally.

HickoryDickory

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. So Eddie is the same type of pathetic delusional manchild that abuses bots and socks to pretend he has relevance as Hayden Black, only somehow even more of a loser than he is since he can't even make it to Hulu or get more than 5 people to seriously listen to him. What a loser.

• Agree Agree x 8
    Adamska

Adamska Last Gunman
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Oh gosh, how sad is that Hayden Black is somehow more successful than him? I almost feel bad for ya Eddie.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Feels Feels x 1
    sassyma seed

sassyma seed Cat with an f

kiwifarms.net
  6. Hayden Black actually has a hanger-on.

I find this amazing.

• Agree Agree x 10
    AnOminous

AnOminous LOOK UPON ME! I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  7. No kidding. Does that mean.......that Hayden Black actually has an admirer who looks up to him? How pathetic of a person do you have to be to have Hayden Black be a role model?

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Whatisgoingon

Whatisgoingon Delgado Bee, Pronouns are Hoss and Hoss-self
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. Birds of a feather...

SteelPlatedHeart

SteelPlatedHeart SOO FUCKING CRAZY

kiwifarms.net
  9. I skimmed through the "Sobel Promotions" site. Didn't get any lag from the smoke - but my ears were promptly assaulted by a shitty electro remix of Doctor and the Medics' "Spirit In The Sky"... (The fact Ms Sobel has named her company after herself also sets off an alarm.) Anyway... It seems Sobel maintains eight stations which she uses to promote her artists - and though my first thought was "autoplay", it would appear the stations have solid schedules of real DJs playing music. Some of them. Skimming these stations' schedules, however, I did notice the same names popping up repeatedly. Nice Guy Eddie's show, it turns out, is broadcast on two Sobel Promotions stations. Rainbow Radio seems to be the main one - taking a look at its site, I found this rather illuminating...

[​IMG]

I also notice that four of these eight stations do not have listed schedules - those, I suspect, are autoplay and nothing more.

Moving on... Sobel's bio states that she started out publishing fan newsletters and running forums for bands. (Off her own bat, or commissioned by them to do so, I don't know - but I can speculate...) Sobel Promotions has been active since 2010 and as mentioned above, it's essentially in the business of promoting artists, producers etc. - hence the fact so many of the acts on its roster are DJs on its stations. These acts also provide testimonials, which are enthusiastic. (And I don't think it's a case of "Derek Savage Syndrome".) According to Sobel's bio, "In 2015, Barbara Sobel was named Promoter Of The Year by Just Circuit Magazine."

I quickly checked out Just Circuit's website. Another promo site (a LGBT one), as far as I can tell. Here's a screenshot of their forum...

[​IMG]

...You know, I think I'm starting to get a good general idea of what's going on here. And it isn't anything terrible. The music industry is saturated with artists, producers - and most of all, promoters - trying to make a mark, acquire publicity and so on. In their efforts to do so, they of course tweak the truth in an attempt to make themselves sound as impressive as possible. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. The much vaunted claim of "five million listeners"? I have a strong suspicion this refers to the numbers of visits (not unique listeners) Sobel Promotions' eight stations have between them received since they started broadcasting.* It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a station (or network of stations) pull that stunt, at any rate.

In conclusion: Barbara Sobel is one of a multitude of people trying to make a name for themselves as music promoters. And she's not doing a bad job, all things considered. Seriously needs to work on her own PR skills, though. Nice Guy Eddie is a arrogant loser with a blatant inferiority complex who got the gig 'cause Ms Sobel was looking for DJs prepared to broadcast for free. No shame in that (99% of the indie music scene is, as Ms Sobel says in her bio, "for the love of music") - but it's not a guarantee of quality. And for shit sure, it's not Nice Guy Eddie's show that's pulling in dedicated listeners. His fb, YouTube channel and Mixcloud are testament to that.

* Supposing this to be the case - having checked out the length of time these eight stations have been on air and having done the math, I estimate each of the eight stations as receiving, on average, a thousand listeners a day. (Possibly some stations receive more, some less.) Nothing incredible, sure - but by internet radio standards? Not at all bad either.

• Informative Informative x 20
    • Winner Winner x 2
    #3969 Silvana, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    Silvana

Silvana Innocent Journalist
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. Niceguy Eddie is trying to alpha it up so hardcore in all the comments. He puffs his chest up and tries to list all his achievements, immediately assuming all who comment are inferior to him. This is the sign of an abuser.

Niceguy Eddie is the just a variable in Hayden Darkseid Black's Anticomedy Equation.
    [​IMG]

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Romance Larghetto Ally

Romance Larghetto Ally The angel Moroni made me.

kiwifarms.net
  11. I think it's worth a dedicated thread for Eddie because the strength of his autism is beginning to derail this thread.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Ass Manager 3000

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. With how fast people dug up info on the tax-evading scam artist Black, I would love to see what people dig up on Eddie Cabot and Barbara Sobel. So far, we haven't hit Black gold on them, but who knows what Google will turn up?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Romance Larghetto Ally

Romance Larghetto Ally The angel Moroni made me.

kiwifarms.net
  13. You'd think it'd be hard to brag about being picked up by a group that accepts just about anybody

Ravana

Ravana TAKE WING YE SOULS OF WAR

kiwifarms.net
    • Winner Winner x 15
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Ass Manager 3000

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    Bungleboy

Bungleboy ask me about my creamed corn fetish

kiwifarms.net
  14. Gen Zed: the comedy show so entertaining people end up discussing the creator's only dick rider instead of the show.

• Winner Winner x 24
    • Like Like x 1
    Count groudon

Count groudon Just bein' an edgelord

kiwifarms.net
  15. This is what happens when you spend all day just tweeting antihumor instead of telling your unpaid staff to do more work/trick people into becoming unpaid staff to replace the old ones.

• Agree Agree x 11
    Adamska

Adamska Last Gunman
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Why wouldn't you turn the light on when you're pissing?

Why would you then brag about it on Twitter?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Piga Dgrifm

Piga Dgrifm Hotsy Totsy Nazi Kill Count: 10 Trillion
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. I wonder if he thinks he's actually getting any fame off of this.

image.png

SteelPlatedHeart

SteelPlatedHeart SOO FUCKING CRAZY

kiwifarms.net
  18. Hayden's 15 seconds of fame ended after Goodnight Burbank premiered, people thought it might be funny but it turned out to just be more 'progressive' bullshit towards Muslims and women. Hayden never wanted to make anything good, substantial or funny, he just wants to be noticed. Hence the reason all of the progressive shit in everything he does, the advertisements for everything he does mentions the fact that it is progressive. news reporters HAVE to mention the fact that it has trans people or Muslims in the show as if that makes the show good. And what happened after Goodnight Burbank fell into the depths of obscurity? Hayden makes another attention whoring show! Black uses Twitter and his two shows to get him his beloved 'fame'.

• Agree Agree x 5
    Wezofthenow

Wezofthenow Sexy Corby will crush the Tories

kiwifarms.net