Hazbin Hotel Thread - New series made by Vivziepop, gained an instant cancel fandom, and this entire site's final destination.

Do you believe that this series will turn to shit?

• Total voters

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Hazbinhostile, what a dumpster fire. I can't believe these parasites are still kicking on Tumblr. They're rabid and I feel like the disease is spreading.

I wish Verizon would just delete Tumblr completely so these little pissants are forced out of their circlejerk cliquey hideyholes.
You know if they deleted Tumblr, the users would just go to do stuff on other websites, Tumblr is a containment chamber.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
or maybe you`re just blind lol
He wasn't before he saw that eyesore.

The main character in that image's face is tiny, off-center, and blends in with the background. My eye is drawn more to the fur lining than to the character's face. IT's made worse because there are actually purple hearts that are much bigger than the character's face, and nothing is done to make the character pop off this background aside from the fluffy lining, which isn't his silhouette. For some reason, there's one outline heart on the fluff next to his face which my eye keeps getting drawn too, because it stands out among the whole hearts.

His torso and head make up a third of his total height, max, and it feels like perspective is making that worse. He's not made to stand out or contrast with the background, or vice versa.

If anything is going to kill this studio, it's this blindly ballistic approach to character and set design. Everything looks like year 8 of someone making character designs on tumblr and constantly trying to one-up themselves. This isn't where's wally, this is a tv show, and you're making things way, way harder than they need to be.

Compare with a random frame from the Die Young video, which was a significant amount of what Vivzie was known for before the Hell-based series.
1581917551699.png

The characters blues, reds and pinks contrast with the greens and purples of the background, with the only exception being the pink thing's eyes - which are still surrounded by pink. The character is much more clearly defined, and while I still think it goes overboard with deails, it's mostly tufts and spikes that can be easily ignored.

Having tiny hearts on every boot and glove doesn't tell me anything the rest of the design doesn't, except that Vivzie is the type of person who doesn't say when even when you've shredded down two blocks of parmesan.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
He wasn't before he saw that eyesore.

The main character in that image's face is tiny, off-center, and blends in with the background. My eye is drawn more to the fur lining than to the character's face. IT's made worse because there are actually purple hearts that are much bigger than the character's face, and nothing is done to make the character pop off this background aside from the fluffy lining, which isn't his silhouette. For some reason, there's one outline heart on the fluff next to his face which my eye keeps getting drawn too, because it stands out among the whole hearts.

His torso and head make up a third of his total height, max, and it feels like perspective is making that worse. He's not made to stand out or contrast with the background, or vice versa.

If anything is going to kill this studio, it's this blindly ballistic approach to character and set design. Everything looks like year 8 of someone making character designs on tumblr and constantly trying to one-up themselves. This isn't where's wally, this is a tv show, and you're making things way, way harder than they need to be.

Compare with a random frame from the Die Young video, which was a significant amount of what Vivzie was known for before the Hell-based series.

The characters blues, reds and pinks contrast with the greens and purples of the background, with the only exception being the pink thing's eyes - which are still surrounded by pink. The character is much more clearly defined, and while I still think it goes overboard with deails, it's mostly tufts and spikes that can be easily ignored.

Having tiny hearts on every boot and glove doesn't tell me anything the rest of the design doesn't, except that Vivzie is the type of person who doesn't say when even when you've shredded down two blocks of parmesan.
I think the problem is that the creators try to go against the stigma of CalArts. So if CalArts are knkown for criminally boring designs and bland coloring and background, Hazbin design is overly detailed and spikey with painful contrast and overly strong color. In some way it's fascinating artistically but an exposure to it for a full episode is just too much.
I think the design should keep the bright characters but have the background be duller and more grey, except in action scenes. Even make it a plot point that hell is designed to suck the enthusiasm out of people rather than be a Las Vegas esque place.

The Ultimate Ramotith

Sorry I don't speak wrong
kiwifarms.net
I think the problem is that the creators try to go against the stigma of CalArts. So if CalArts are knkown for criminally boring designs and bland coloring and background, Hazbin design is overly detailed and spikey with painful contrast and overly strong color. In some way it's fascinating artistically but an exposure to it for a full episode is just too much.
I have seen this before... UPA got its style because UPA was trying to set itself apart from Disney.

goma

kiwifarms.net
I feel like it would be a very fun project to create animation-friendly simplified designs for HH/HB characters. The style wouldn't have to be changed for the most part; just remove unnecessary bloat and etc.

The only thing keeping me from doing it is I'm not interested in getting my career tangled with Vivzie dramaby posting fan art. Animation twitter is so unforgiving.

One Man Bland

kiwifarms.net
I feel like it would be a very fun project to create animation-friendly simplified designs for HH/HB characters. The style wouldn't have to be changed for the most part; just remove unnecessary bloat and etc.

The only thing keeping me from doing it is I'm not interested in getting my career tangled with Vivzie dramaby posting fan art. Animation twitter is so unforgiving.
Doesn’t help that the Tumblr crowd kinda soured the whole concept with their typical smug “FTFY, trash heap” nonsense (and often missed the point entirely by making their redesigns even less animation friendly or just plain unpleasant) so even trying to re-imagine any designs gets you lumped in with those assholes.

Tags
None