Hazbin Hotel Thread - New series made by Vivziepop, gained an instant cancel fandom, and this entire site's final destination.

Do you believe that this series will turn to shit?

• Total voters

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Ruins Everything
kiwifarms.net
I feel like HH is one of those things that was this close to being magnificent, but just got lost in the weeds. An adult Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends but it’s a rehab and there’s demons is a pretty fun premise you could do a lot with. The art, while cluttered, has some charm to it that reminds me of Tim Burton mixed with Johnen Vasquez. You could get down with that, the issues come from the writing and then just overdoing everything in the art department.
As an Internet series, it’s probably one of the more interesting examples of animation because of how much they crammed in there. They did so much, even if they shouldn’t have, that it’s worth taking note of for that aspect alone. But I wouldn’t say it’s anywhere near the best web cartoon.

Angel Dust

Insidious Bitch Snake
kiwifarms.net
Don't forget the sound effects though. That also needs to be toned down.
Oh god the sound effects. I forgot about those. I almost turned it off when Charlie was doing the tv interview and eeevvverrrryyythhhiiinng had that annoying snap sound effect. It was like they were badly trying to copy ren and stimpy

Badonkadonk Trash

yo yo negro pirates, the gang is on the loose
kiwifarms.net
Oh god the sound effects. I forgot about those. I almost turned it off when Charlie was doing the tv interview and eeevvverrrryyythhhiiinng had that annoying snap sound effect. It was like they were badly trying to copy ren and stimpy
Not only Ren and Stimpy, there's Kappa Mikey and Ed, Edd n Eddy.

Yamma Damma

Damma Doo
kiwifarms.net
Didn’t Vivzie graduate from an art college? Composition and color theory is day one shit, what the fuck is this mess.
She did, and this isn't her art. Vivzie uses gradients like crazy and can't do backgrounds worth a damn. This was by some moonspeak fanartist on Twitter. (who isn't half bad but could benefit from thickening up the outlines or applying more dark BGs to make the characters' ALREADY BRIGHT colors less of an eyesore.)

Badonkadonk Trash

yo yo negro pirates, the gang is on the loose
kiwifarms.net
Not necessarily Hazbin related, but look what I found on Tumblr.

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
Feels like people need to get hammered into their skulls that hell is the place where the awful people go, not the "cool" "edgy" "hip" ones.

Racist Trash

The piece of rubbish on the floor has returned!
kiwifarms.net

So a wolf apparently is a "character of color" and not just a fucking wolf and a Magpie isn't a fucking Crow it's in the same line but it just isn't a Crow I mean a Bluejay is in the Corvid family but you wouldn't call it a Crow and what that was isn't a redesign when you change the looks, species, mannerisms, name and make them blind that's just making an OC. What is wrong with these people has someone been swapping steel pipes with very soluble lead ones with extra lead dust?

Angel Dust

Insidious Bitch Snake
kiwifarms.net
So a wolf apparently is a "character of color" and not just a fucking wolf and a Magpie isn't a fucking Crow it's in the same line but it just isn't a Crow I mean a Bluejay is in the Corvid family but you wouldn't call it a Crow and what that was isn't a redesign when you change the looks, species, mannerisms, name and make them blind that's just making an OC. What is wrong with these people has someone been swapping steel pipes with very soluble lead ones with extra lead dust?
Huffed too much glue during recess

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Am I the only one noticing the HH fanbase is gradually starting to amass those types of fans? You know, the Homestuck/Undertale "lolz we're so quirky and random and love to obsess over and ship every character" types? It's not super evident yet but if this show actually goes anywhere beyond the pilot, I'm already observing the seedings of a future sperg population...

Silver Chariot

I don't care.
kiwifarms.net
Am I the only one noticing the HH fanbase is gradually starting to amass those types of fans? You know, the Homestuck/Undertale "lolz we're so quirky and random and love to obsess over and ship every character" types? It's not super evident yet but if this show actually goes anywhere beyond the pilot, I'm already observing the seedings of a future sperg population...
you aren't the only one, people are producing AUs and fanfics about Hazbin and Helluva Boss at Steven Universe levels

anyway, bets on when Vivzie uploads the next teaser? because you know the full episode isn't coming out for like 3 years.

Octopuss Primal

ACAB = Assigned Chocolate At Birth
kiwifarms.net
you aren't the only one, people are producing AUs and fanfics about Hazbin and Helluva Boss at Steven Universe levels

anyway, bets on when Vivzie uploads the next teaser? because you know the full episode isn't coming out for like 3 years.
People are already pairing Angel Dust with their bland and marty stu male OCs. And just about every male in the show.
Because he is gay and flirty excuse.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Badonkadonk Trash

friedshrimp

028372n38934739473247219074
kiwifarms.net
I mean, it makes sense it'd be one of those fandoms. It's wacky, it's bright, it's loud, it's in your face, it's "naughty", but it also has "representation" to satisfy those tumblrina cravings and sooth their nerves for watching "problematic content". The only thing I'll give the show is that it could go into boring and preachy, and thankfully it hasn't.

Maya

“I’m back, bitches!”
kiwifarms.net

UmbralForma

Laughing at people's closets
kiwifarms.net
there was no doubt that was going to happen. fetishists and theorists are digging down this hole. course Vivzie has debunk the wiki page as it unreliable more likely folks bringing their own head-canons of certain characters *cough* Alastor *cough* and I memed it soon as she said it during the Australian fires hunicast. Overral i do like the show it has quirks and needs improvement no pilot is perfect such as too much effects in one scene and one lacking in effects and too much red even with the slight filter can be off putting. overall designs are great.

• Agree
Reactions: Badonkadonk Trash
Tags
None