HBO is making a new Batman animated series - And who's involved in this you might ask? You guessed it, J.J. Abrams.

Newman's Lovechild

Always better a frog kicker than a frog licker
kiwifarms.net
You know the ironic thing is, Spielberg didn't have any particular experience with animation either, and yet he helped produced Pinky & the Brain, the Animaniacs, and freaking Freakazoid. The guy had an eye for talent, but JJ? No. Not even close.

verissimus

kiwifarms.net

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
>Bruce Timm
>J.J. Abrams
>Matt Reeves

That is a very weird line-up of talent. But I have confidence in Timm and Reeves. Honestly, I'd be more interested if this was an AdultSwim show with an MA-rating.

General Tug Boat

∆x∆y>=h/4π
kiwifarms.net
Coming from the same people that ruined Star Trek, Star Wars, and Superman in less than a decade. Also, DC has made some awful decisions with their animated IPS lately. So this will be the equivalent of diving head first in a tub of cum and shit.

Dang Woodchucks!

🍦Bring you own!🍦
kiwifarms.net
Lol, instant failure.
Him, Whedon, and Snyder are all one-dimensional dead-horse acts that are long past their sell-by date.

TBF, he's not the first to imply or express the sexual tension between Bats and Gordon's little girl.
I personally think that they definitely would be fucking, given how co-workers in stressful jobs like nursing and medicine end up fucking around with each other, but I also don't want to be reminded about it.
Except Barbara is often portrayed as a teenager.
Batman is often quite along his career as the bat when she butts in.
And going by the timeline of the original Killing Joke, Gordon and Bats are already very well acquainted, if not friends.

I dunno about you, but if I was in my forties, and had a billionaire alter ego, I'd have a bat booty-call burner phone somewhere and not banging the teenage daughter of the closest thing i can call a best friend.

That was Bruce Timm welcoming everyone to his magical realm and nothing more.

Ita Mori

⚜Party With Crooks⚜
kiwifarms.net
I dunno about you, but if I was in my forties, and had a billionaire alter ego, I'd have a bat booty-call burner phone somewhere and not banging the teenage daughter of the closest thing i can call a best friend.
Sure, but then look at real billionaires and the type of booty they want...
It's not unreal to assume Bruce, being a poon hound, would say no to fresh, barely legal pussy from a young adult throwing herself at him for various reasons. Young women working with a man in peak physical condition and forming bonds by facing constant life and death situations is going to create a lot of sexual tension.

And just to reiterate, I'm simply stating it's possible this could happen and other authors have implied it as well, not that I'm a supporter.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is it going to be aimed at an adult audience?

The presence of JJ is worrying of course, but assuming he has minimal creative involvement maybe it will be good.

Leaf Wage Slave

kiwifarms.net
Look, if it gets more people to realize that JJ is a talentless hack, then I'm all for it. Otherwise, it's more capeshit in a genre thats been oversaturated in the last decade and needs to go the way of the Western for a while.

I know I have shit tast, but if I wanted to watch a Batman Cartoon, I'd just go back and rewatch The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, hell even The Batman from 2004, than watch anything with Jar Jar Abrams name on it

Maggots on a Train v2

new and improved account
kiwifarms.net
Coming from the same people that ruined Star Trek, Star Wars, and Superman in less than a decade. Also, DC has made some awful decisions with their animated IPS lately. So this will be the equivalent of diving head first in a tub of cum and shit.
It really is amazing when you consider how Star Trek was as much a behemoth as Star Wars. But those three movies demolished all the remaining good will and shat on its corpse.

Product Placement

kiwifarms.net
It really is amazing when you consider how Star Trek was as much a behemoth as Star Wars. But those three movies demolished all the remaining good will and shat on its corpse.
Nah Star Trek movie wise was never that big, and Star Trek: Nemesis last one before him flopped pretty hard. However before the reboot the budgets were lower even adjusted for inflation, so they never need to gross dumb amounts of money or Star Wars money in the first place.
Truth is his first Star Trek movie did well, same with Into Darkness. Star Trek Beyond was the one to flop, and that was less to do how much it grossed but it's budget which was $185 million, box office wise it made $345 million at the box office close to the first in the reboot.

General Tug Boat

∆x∆y>=h/4π
kiwifarms.net
Basing it on when I went to see these movies in the cinema or shit I actually wanted to watch but was offended by. All massive disappointments and I would not sleep with any of them.