hbomberguy / Harry "Harris" Brewis / Slazenger Rapemachine Whiteshaf - "Rational" SJW, former SA goon/LPer, sexual harassment apologist, raised $350K+ for child abuse cult

TheImportantFart

Fartscape
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
HARRY BREWIS HAS BEEN OUTED AS A CREEP AND AN APOLOGIST FOR SEXUAL HARASSMENT

See here for details

This guy's been brought up a few times in the Let's Players originating from Something Awful thread and a couple of other places. Some people suggested giving him a thread, but I was initially reluctant to do so until doing a bit more research. Now I think the time has finally come.

hbomberguy (powerword: Harry Brewis). Our cow's journey begins on Something Awful (SA). Now, admittedly my knowledge of SA's history and internal drama is a bit limited, so hopefully some others can fill in the blanks as the thread goes on. Here, however is what I've gleaned from my research.

As @Cyanogen chloride mentioned in the LPers from Something Awful thread, hbomberguy used to be a sidekick of fellow SA LPer Habermann. Habermann started an LP group called "The Dinner Dates" which hbomberguy was a part of. He was also part of another group with Habermann called METOKUR, which was a troll group. If the name METOKUR's sounding familiar, it's not a coincidence:

Yup, he used to be acquainted with the incredibly problematic Mister Metokur (formerly the Internet Aristocrat). Keep this in mind, and remember what Mister Metokur said in the video above about a blocklist cos it'll come up again later. You can see hbomberguy begging for forgiveness for his shaddy past here.

Other SA antics include defending the anime Kill La Kill against his fellow goons by trying to explain it's about "smashing the patriarchy" and other nonsense. Here's a link to that thread, but there's a greatest hits under the spoiler:

woTuVrO.png

I've also heard he used to creep on JesuOtaku on SA before she got the sex change, but I've found absolutely no concrete proof to back that up. If someone can dig it up I'd be grateful, but until then I'm going to assume the information's hearsay and possibly false.

Fast-forward to the present and he runs a YouTube channel which consists of video game reviews and responses to anti-SJWs/outright SJW videos. This is what first brought him to my attention, specifically this video:

This is probably his most famous video and the one that got him a lot of fame. As you'll see in the video, he does catch Sargon out on a genuine fuck-up, something Sargon himself has conceded.

He's also made some (admittedly good) videos on Davis Aurini and The Sarkeesian Effect:

So I know what you're thinking: "Great! I'm not an SJW, but I don't like the anti-SJWs either! Finally, here's a reasonable person to take them on!" Well not quite. You see, hbomberguy is in fact just a bog-standard SJW.

For one thing, he's on friendly terms with admitted pedophile Sarah Nyberg:

Pedo 1.png

Pedo 2.png

He's friends with Dan Olson:

Dan Olson.png

He supports punching Nazis:

Nazi Punch.png

And he also appeared in the infamous Questions for Anti-SJWs video. His appearances are at 1:36, 1:55, 4:16, 5:49, 8:09 and 13:49 so go there and get ready to cringe because this shit includes fucking Milo Stewart white knighting:

He considers anyone who uses the words "SJW" and "Regressive Left" to be "Reactionaries", so in his eyes, anyone who disagrees with him is on the same political wavelength as Ann Coulter, Pat Buchanan or Ted Cruz. He thinks trigger warnings and safe spaces are a great idea and that you're a "baby" if you're against them and used to use a Twitter blockbot.

He's also a fan of fucking DarksydePhil of all people :story::

LOL.png

And this is the thing that partially convinced me he deserved a thread:

That's right, he made a fucking Google Chrome extension that means his friends don't have to see all the nasty video titles that hurt their fee-fees.

Thanks to all of this, he's the toast of GamerGhazi and the SJW community (what an achievement eh?) and makes a shit-ton of money on his Patreon for his trouble:

Whoa.png

2,773 fucking dollars per video.

Oh, and Colby Klaus is a fan:

Colby Klaus.png

An arrogant, obnoxious, hypocrtical prick who's incredibly full of himself and goes to extreme lengths to censor people he doesn't like? Yep, I think this one's a winner.

In more recent news, hbomberguy managed to raise over $350,000 for a "charity" called Mermaids UK which brainwashes children to undergo gender reassignment surgery. He did this by streaming Donkey Kong 64 non-stop for about 40 hours. You can see the start of the horrorshow here.

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/hbomberguy/videos

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/harry.brewis.1
http://archive.li/xdJ0M

His Tumblr (because of course he has a Tumblr):
http://hbomberguy.tumblr.com/
http://archive.li/lKsS9

Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/hbomberguy

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/hbomberguy?lang=en
http://archive.li/pU6VV

And here's his ask.fm if you want to see what a smug douche he can really be:
https://ask.fm/Hbomberguy
http://archive.li/fuuOZ

Although he's recently moved over to Curious Cat which he's a lot more active on:
https://curiouscat.me/Hbomberguy

Last edited:

1911JD

I am so tired of this shit, I swear.
kiwifarms.net
I know that he uses the term "SJeWs", something that quite a few people on the SJW side of things (mostly in the "Questions for Anti-SJWs" circle) tend to use (It's supposed to be a mocking term because lol everyone who says SJW is a Nazi). So I'm just curious, did that phrase originate with him? I mean, it couldn't have originated with Jerry Peet, who uses the phrase religiously (but is also a big fan of hbomberguy, and an even bigger plagiarist).

I've been meaning to get into this guy though. See if he's someone who's level-headed, even somewhat watchable, but I suppose not. So I suppose a thread will do.

TheImportantFart

Fartscape
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know that he uses the term "SJeWs", something that quite a few people on the SJW side of things (mostly in the "Questions for Anti-SJWs" circle) tend to use (It's supposed to be a mocking term because lol everyone who says SJW is a Nazi). So I'm just curious, did that phrase originate with him? I mean, it couldn't have originated with Jerry Peet, who uses the phrase religiously (but is also a big fan of hbomberguy, and an even bigger plagiarist).
hbomberguy did come up with the term. Jerry Peet copied him.

1911JD

kiwifarms.net
hbomberguy did come up with the term. Jerry Peet copied him.
Not just Jerry, but quite a few people in the Kristi Winters-osphere.

jews.png

Also, something to note about Hbomberguy, everyone who seems to like him considers him "precious" or "an absolute gem" as if he's some kind of valuable jewel not to be tampered with (even if he makes a regular post or a standard point anyone else could have made), any reason for that?

TheImportantFart

Fartscape
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, something to note about Hbomberguy, everyone who seems to like him considers him "precious" or "an absolute gem" as if he's some kind of valuable jewel not to be tampered with (even if he makes a regular post or a standard point anyone else could have made), any reason for that?
Yeah, I remember Shaun and Jen saying that:

Because people love drawing parallels between Social Justice and religion, I think the sentiment boils down to this: hbomberguy is basically the William Lane Craig of the SJW community. Someone who's seen as much more rational and measured than the rank and file despite having the exact same ideas. If you don't know who William Lane Craig is, he's a famous Christian apologist. When I used to spend lots of time watching atheist videos on YouTube, I'd scroll down to the comments and there's usually be one or two people saying: "Huh! This guy's an idiot! I'd love to see him go up against William Lane Craig!" Then you'd go and watch a debate with Craig and he'd basically spout rubbish and get trounced by his debate opponent, but because his rhetoric is couched in intelligent and measured terms, it comes off sounding better. I think the same's true here.
The anti sjw crowd is full of total spergs producing clickbait and trollshielding crap so is ripe for mockery, hbomberguy sadly isn't the man for the job.
This. I definitely think there's a gap in the market here. You have fuckwits like Black Pigeon Speaks literally making videos titled "Women Destroy Societies" so there's plenty to criticse. But an honest-to-god SJW isn't the person to do it. Weirdly, I think Armoured Skeptic is the closest we have to someone who criticises anti-SJWs, but he's friends with lots of members of the community so he's not the most objective person either. It's a shame Potholer54 only focuses on religion and climate change skeptics because I think he could fill that niche.

1911JD

kiwifarms.net
And what is it it with lolcows and loving the Star Wars prequels?
Something something "Politics" something something "OT was too silly" something something "Luke was a terrible character because he just became powerful"

Ironic considering the same people will shill for Rey for the same reasons they tend to hate Luke

Also she's a womyn

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
Hbomberguy is very popular mostly because he uses comedy and actually somewhat engages with people he disagrees with. Albeit not with debate. Which is popular to SJWs since so many of them don't and instead just passive aggressively refer to their detractors. (IE: Steve Shives).

His video on Sargon was brutal but the guy had it coming. He's grown very pompous in recent months especially.

One thing I've noticed with Hbomberguy and especially people who talk about him is they tend to lump him in with a lot of arguments he hasn't exactly made. I notice people dismiss his Fallout 3 video which I consider excellent but a lot of people on /v/ dismiss because of the creator's political views. Which in of themselves are vague since he doesn't really make political videos as much as he riffs on existing videos of that sort.

Anyway I can sort of see the appeal of having a thread about him but at the same time it's hard to find any non-SA lolcowish things he's done aside from his obsession with one-upping Sargon of Akkad.

Supporting Wu and No Man's Sky?

Thank god, he's making so much on his videos. A fool and his money are soon parted.
I've found a few sjws praise No Man's Sky although I've also found more apolitical types talk positively about it as well.

What's strange is they don't really talk about the game itself but moreso what it represents. Since it tries to portray an actual universe of a substantial size. And they often talk about the feelings associated with exploring the game's vastness. But they don't usually talk about the actual gameplay because it's actually extremely repetitive and plays like an indie survival game just with a fancy ship flying mechanic and level randomization feature

I also think it's to be contrarian because it's popular to shit on a somewhat ambitious game with really really poor actual execution that nobody's going to care about in a year apart from talking about how disappointing it is. A lot of people also don't seem to understand that space flight games with randomly generated universes have been done before (going as far back as the original Elite).

Last edited:

TheImportantFart

Fartscape
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
His video on Sargon was brutal but the guy had it coming. He's grown very pompous in recent months especially.
Here's the thing - I don't think his Sargon video was that good. He was lucky in that he picked up on a genuine fuck-up Sargon made, but he didn't actually manage to debunk the 1 in 5 statistic and even admitted that it was overblown. And after the first half of the video, he runs out of things to rebut and just ends up ripping on Sargon's avatar which seems desperate.

I don't have any particular love for Sargon - I'm not subscribed to him and I haven't watched any of his videos in ages because they're getting really repetitive now, but at least he took responsibility for a mistake he made. I doubt hbomberguy or any of his buddies would stoop to that.
Anyway I can sort of see the appeal of having a thread about him but at the same time it's hard to find any non-SA lolcowish things he's done aside from his obsession with one-upping Sargon of Akkad.
I went back and forth on whether to make this thread, but the thing which pushes him into cow territory for me is his ego and that fucking Chrome extension he made. Anyone who goes out of their way to make sure people don't see other people disagreeing with them is a cow in my book.

X-Shaped Weeaboo

Not another anime avatar!
kiwifarms.net
He's a massive fucking prude as well.
What's hilarious about this video is the massive contradiction he describes within it.

He states that gamers identify with Kratos for being the same gender as gaming's prescribed audience and that Bayonetta doesn't count as one for females because-wait for it- gamers say "Shit I died. Shit, I got a game over. Shit, I'm taking damage" as if the case wasn't the same for Kratos.

He also, ironically trying to dismiss people speaking for women by saying Bayonetta is empowering, speaks for women by saying sexualized female characters aren't empowering.

This "genius" also spent the entire first 20 minutes of his Fallout 3 review complaining about IGN of all fucking places and the game forcing you to kill people despite the intro to Fallout 3 being a tutorial to introduce the series, previously a Top-Down traditional RPG, slowly into the 3rd person RPG shooter it became from then on. The new real-time combat mechanics of Fallout 3 is far less forgiving than the controlled space of an RPG, it makes sense why they'd force you to learn how to take advantage of them.

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
What's hilarious about this video is the massive contradiction he describes within it.

He states that gamers identify with Kratos for being the same gender as gaming's prescribed audience and that Bayonetta doesn't count as one for females because-wait for it- gamers say "Shit I died. Shit, I got a game over. Shit, I'm taking damage" as if the case wasn't the same for Kratos.

He also, ironically trying to dismiss people speaking for women by saying Bayonetta is empowering, speaks for women by saying sexualized female characters aren't empowering.

This "genius" also spent the entire first 20 minutes of his Fallout 3 review complaining about IGN of all fucking places and the game forcing you to kill people despite the intro to Fallout 3 being a tutorial to introduce the series, previously a Top-Down traditional RPG, slowly into the 3rd person RPG shooter it became from then on. The new real-time combat mechanics of Fallout 3 is far less forgiving than the controlled space of an RPG, it makes sense why they'd force you to learn how to take advantage of them.
When someone brought up Liana Kerzner's (who is a YouTube feminist gamer) more positive opinion on this point in the comments , somebody dismissed it as her being "biased" because "she fits the beauty standard".

Anightinchristine

Wasn't invited to Francine's party.
kiwifarms.net
I've found a few sjws praise No Man's Sky although I've also found more apolitical types talk positively about it as well.

What's strange is they don't really talk about the game itself but moreso what it represents. Since it tries to portray an actual universe of a substantial size. And they often talk about the feelings associated with exploring the game's vastness. But they don't usually talk about the actual gameplay because it's actually extremely repetitive and plays like an indie survival game just with a fancy ship flying mechanic and level randomization feature

I also think it's to be contrarian because it's popular to shit on a somewhat ambitious game with really really poor actual execution that nobody's going to care about in a year apart from talking about how disappointing it is. A lot of people also don't seem to understand that space flight games with randomly generated universes have been done before (going as far back as the original Elite).
Dan Olsen and David Gallant actually both have come out in support of the game for equally pretentious reasons. Falling for a $60 tech demo because of what it represents sounds like an SJW thing to me.

TheImportantFart

Fartscape
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dan Olsen and David Gallant actually both have come out in support of the game for equally pretentious reasons. Falling for a $60 tech demo because of what it represents sounds like an SJW thing to me.

He put it on his Game of the Year for 2016 list, and his justification is basically: "I didn't see any of the false advertising or lies from the developer, so as far as I'm concerned they didn't happen. Who cares if they have shitty business practices?"

Lazuli

kiwifarms.net
Found this on the WoT forums in a Tank Review thread, saw the behaviour of the guy, which is pretty out of place on that forum, and the username, thought it might be him. It just seemed so weird and out of place. Everyone was giving him shit for it. drewthesteelman and hbgaming accounts specifically.

-------------------

"f you and f this game" is one of the memorable moronic lines. I'd never put something on youtube like that. Maybe because I am not 20 and dumb as a post.

That stuff really gets to me. All these snowflakes think they are cool when every other thing out of their mouths is F this and F that. They think its cool. It's stupid....especially on social media.

--------------------

lol.. right. Who cares about stats? This is a game lol. I care more about real life. If you even need to point someones stats out to them, then you need to re-prioritize yourself.

--------------------

I'm referring to Mr Potty Mouth reviewer and the trend that every youtuber thinks every other word they speak has to be vulgar.

Also the fact that the review is junk because he is only showing the tank top tier.

--------------------

eh? I won at real life. I'll let you guys win at the game. Fair?

--------------------

That's how I measure my success in life as well, my posts on some stupid forum somewhere on the internet. If you really believe this, I fear for society.

--------------------

I'm pretty sure he's calling him a moron based on his choice of words, not on how he reviewed the tank. In that instance it has nothing to do with stats, the tank, or WOT. It's his opinion based on how he sees him as a human being. People who swear a lot usually do so because they can't formulate an articulate way of getting their point across.

---------------------

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/531866-object-252u-premium-review/page__st__20#topmost

Last edited:

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino