Healthcare is a right? -

Franjevina

kiwifarms.net
"Bill of rights" ... boomer faggot detected

CkIUaWUUUAAkLQH.jpg

O

OB 946

kiwifarms.net
In the preamble to the Constitution it states We The People will "promote the general welfare." This is enshrined in public services like EMS, firefighters, and police. Pretty basic. I don't know why the government doesn't provide healthcare. This is especially prudent when the government, by it's own admission, supplies Medicare and Medicaid to old people and young people and pregnant moms. So apparently healthcare is a right, just, only a right for like 20% of the US? Only a right if you meet certain criteria?

Do you know what the Public Health Service is? It's a uniformed branch of the government that was originally a part of the Navy. The PHS was originally tasked with containing outbreaks of disease in port cities. They would go in and provide containment and medical assistance to the local authorities and populace. USPHS was created in 1798. So the US government, at some level, from as far back as 1798, has observed that healthcare is a right. It is literally nothing but fat cat capitalists and kleptocrats and their revisionist cronies that keep middle class Americans believing for some reason that not having access to medical care is somehow better than having it.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
I lean more on the side of healthcare being a right, or at the very least being protected. Kinda fucked up have to see friends struggle because they can't afford their meds.

Obviously universal healthcare can be abused, and you see it a lot over there in Muslim countries like Britain and Germany, but I'd rather take that abuse over not affording life saving operations and the like.

O

OB 946

kiwifarms.net
I lean more on the side of healthcare being a right, or at the very least being protected. Kinda fucked up have to see friends struggle because they can't afford their meds.

Obviously universal healthcare can be abused, and you see it a lot over there in Muslim countries like Britain and Germany, but I'd rather take that abuse over not affording life saving operations and the like.
The obvious solution is a system like Germany, where they have a large public health sector that provides a basic level of care for everyone while also having a robust private sector with private insurance companies. This was actually the system the US had with county hospitals before Reagan got rid of most publicly provided health services. This meme of "public healthcare is communism" is literally less than 50 years old.

Dr. Geronimo

kiwifarms.net
The obvious solution is a system like Germany, where they have a large public health sector that provides a basic level of care for everyone while also having a robust private sector with private insurance companies. This was actually the system the US had with county hospitals before Reagan got rid of most publicly provided health services. This meme of "public healthcare is communism" is literally less than 50 years old.
Yeah Reagan really fucked us up on a lot of shit.

I will say that dental and vision should be a part of the system too. Kinda bullshit that they're separate things from health insurance.

Either way our current system is a disaster that's barely holding on.

WhoBusTank69

an endless thirst
kiwifarms.net
We have the right to access it through the use of emergency medical services, I think that's good enough. For our current issues I'd blame the intense reliability upon insurance, which used to be considered a "just in case" option rather than a "you need this shit or you're fucked" requirement. It stiffs both the individual by making you overpay through deductibles and the hospital by paying a year or two down the line after being repeatedly pestered about it.

O

OB 946

kiwifarms.net
We have the right to access it through the use of emergency medical services, I think that's good enough. For our current issues I'd blame the intense reliability upon insurance, which used to be considered a "just in case" option rather than a "you need this shit or you're fucked" requirement. It stiffs both the individual by making you overpay through deductibles and the hospital by paying a year or two down the line after being repeatedly pestered about it.
Yes having your entire life ruined by a bad fall is good enough.

I don't understand why people astroturf for kleptocrats for free.

JULAY

kiwifarms.net
If CWC gets free healthcare, everyone should get free healthcare. Either that, or the fat autist should not get free healthcare. Take your pick.

WhoBusTank69

an endless thirst
kiwifarms.net
You misunderstand my disdain for government as a support for government.
Though if you want to fight about it then I'd invite you to look at the situation in the US involving obesity and heart disease before volunteering all resources and supplies to a careless population under the guise of "human rights."

Dr. Geronimo

kiwifarms.net
I dont know why people want our govt to provide healthcare, they cant do a single thing right. What makes people think that government provided health care will work out any better than social security?
A hail mary I always thought of would be to make the states regulate/tax it themselves. That way you still get that 'competition' people keep talking about.

"Yeah Alabama is shit, but at least their healthcare tax isn't bad and they have a ddedection for incest"

Unog

My political affiliation is "rétard"
kiwifarms.net
>Just kill cripples, the poor, and the average american
Based /pol/tard.
Yes having your entire life ruined by a bad fall is good enough.

If you take the amount of cash it would from the rich and middle classes to provide universal/unilateral healthcare for this country it'd bankrupt us and send us into a Venezuelan style shit-vortex of inescapable tumult. I'd rather not do that for a shitload of ungrateful assholes I'll never meet, thanks.