Healthcare is a right? -

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
I dont know why people want our govt to provide healthcare, they cant do a single thing right. What makes people think that government provided health care will work out any better than social security?
Because when the market does whatever it wants, it gets away with hugely overcharging regular people for things they need. The jobs around people may only be pitiful minimum wage shitholes and they can barely afford their medicine. Can barely go to school and work, nobody wants an employee who goes to school, can't get a better job without school, can barely hold 2 part time jobs because they both just want to fire people to keep the turnaround going or they want the job to run their employees lives. Can't afford healthier food for the family, can't afford jack shit, but you're swallowing a few bucks worth of pills every night...

Dysnomia

Is Reimu gonna have to smack a bitch?
kiwifarms.net
I lean more on the side of healthcare being a right, or at the very least being protected. Kinda fucked up have to see friends struggle because they can't afford their meds.

Obviously universal healthcare can be abused, and you see it a lot over there in Muslim countries like Britain and Germany, but I'd rather take that abuse over not affording life saving operations and the like.

No one in America should die because they can't afford a pill. My mom had $1500 copays on top of other ungodly medical expenses. She died. My stepfather remortgaged the house which eventually led to forclosure after he died.

I went through hell trying to schedule a medically necessary procedure because I owed the hospital money for something from a decade ago. My rheumatologist's office calls a few days before the appointment to make sure you will pay. I can hear the receptionist arguing with people over payments sometimes. This is why people end up using the ER as a family doctor. Yeah there are people who would rather buy boats and iphones than pay the doctor. But most people are just painted into a corner by costs they can't afford. It makes me wonder how munchies do it. Even tugboat insurance has a lot of copays and deductables attached to it.

Dirty Diamond

Dirty Diamond
kiwifarms.net
No one in America should die because they can't afford a pill. My mom had $1500 copays on top of other ungodly medical expenses. She died. My stepfather remortgaged the house which eventually led to forclosure after he died.

I went through hell trying to schedule a medically necessary procedure because I owed the hospital money for something from a decade ago. My rheumatologist's office calls a few days before the appointment to make sure you will pay. I can hear the receptionist arguing with people over payments sometimes. This is why people end up using the ER as a family doctor. Yeah there are people who would rather buy boats and iphones than pay the doctor. But most people are just painted into a corner by costs they can't afford. It makes me wonder how munchies do it. Even tugboat insurance has a lot of copays and deductables attached to it.
That is just depressing. You deserve a lot better than what you got.