Careercow Heartmob - a lolcow event in progress.

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My favorite is "Sexual Surveillance" :lol:

Seriously though, what a mess of a chart. It's full of arrows pointing from things to other things even though there's no logical or causal relationship between them, and it looks like they went out of their way to make sure no two related entries are in the same place in the chart. "Stalking" is directly across from "Stalking, Sexual Surveillance, and Harassment".

I'm not surprised when these people are bad at coding, because they have no real interest in it besides as a means of influence. But it flabbergasts me how bad they are at the "narrative" stuff that's their bread and butter - marketing, messaging, communicating, and so forth. Isn't this what they went to school for instead of learning how to use the computer? :lol:

An Ghost

Callin to go crawlin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I tried to get an account on heartmob but naturally got rejected. they saw a fb profile with a lot of privacy and a twitter i only use for stalking cows. if i had a real twitter i'd try again with a different fb but at least they're trying to vet cis male scum like myself.
heartmobemail.png

Daughter of Cernunnos

Ghost husb@ndos
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Special Updates for the HeartMob Community (Newsletter sent on July 15 2017):

Dear Heartmobbers,

We want to sincerely thank you again for joining our community and providing love, kindness, and much-needed support to targets of online harassment. Whether it’s reporting harassment, sending messages of comfort, or even just hitting the I’ve Got Your Back button, your actions are making a difference to people in crisis, and we appreciate all that you do.

That’s why we want to let you in on what we’ve been up to in the fight against online harassment, and to introduce you to two of our latest projects: HeartMob Digital Trainings and the HeartBot.

How to Help Your Friends When They're Harassed Online:
Bystander Intervention Digital Training
Over the past year we have seen an eruption of online harassment of people of color, transgender folks and women, religious minorities, other marginalized groups – to the point that some have abandoned social media as a public space or stepped back from voicing their opinions publicly.

With this online training, hosted by experts from the HeartMob team, you'll learn how to be an effective bystander when you witness online harassment. Learn what online harassment looks like and get the tools you need to respond without escalating and offer real support to targets.

As HeartMobbers, we know you care about fighting fire with water to make the internet better. So we want to offer you this online training for FREE! Simply sign up here and enter the code hollabacksummer at the checkout.

Upcoming dates:
Monday 17th July, 12pm EST

Tuesday 25th July, 12pm EST

Introducing: The HeartBot

We are excited to introduce the HeartBot, a Twitter bot that responds to reported harassment with a sassy tweet and a donation to HeartMob.

When you witness harassment on Twitter, you can Direct Message @theheartbot with a link to the abusive tweet. The HeartBot will then donate $1 from a challenge fund to HeartMob’s movement against online harassment and reply to the abusive tweet with a receipt.
In order to use the HeartMob as effectively as possible, check out our community guidelines:

Be educated – understand our definition of harassment before you tweet.

Online harassment includes a wide range of targeted behaviors including: threats, continued hateful messages, doxxing, DDoS attacks, swatting, defamation (see definitions here) and more.

Online harassment can target (or come from) a group or individual and often has the expressed purpose of having the individual or group leave the internet, take down their content, or to dissuade them from publicly having a point of view.

Don’t misuse the HeartBot — Don’t use the HeartBot to silence or shame people you disagree with. HeartMob is about educating harassers on what’s okay. We fight fire with water.

Disagreement ≠ Harassment

What separates online harassment from regular debate, discussion, and disagreement is the focus on harm. We believe in a free internet where individuals, especially those whose voices are ignored or silenced in other public spaces, feel safe to connect and speak freely. @theheartbot’s account is monitored, and we reserve the right to delete HeartBot responses to non-harassing content and block users who repeatedly flag content that is not harmful. You can use Twitter’s unfollow, mute, and block features to respond to non-harassing content which you find disagreeable.

The HeartBot is exclusively available to HeartMob users, so find out more here and put the Bot into action!

Thanks again for being a HeartMobber – please continue to share your accounts of harassment and messages of support with our our amazing HeartMob community at iheartmob.org

Together we can make the internet better.
With love and kindness,
Team HeartMob

P.S. We value the work you do as part of the HeartMob community, so we want you to be the first to hear about our new projects and resources. However, we know you receive a lot of emails, so if you’d rather not receive these updates see below for how to unsubscribe.

January Cyst

I could eat a knob at night
kiwifarms.net
So from what I understand this "Bot" draws from a pool of donations (that come from users) and donates 1$ from said pool to a charity.
Has anybody looked into the "charity", I wonder if it is run by the same people or some of their friends.
We know that the socjus crowd will support obvious scams like the one by the knife-wielding ogre because of their "listen and believe" mantra.

Jaimas

HELLO, MON'KEIGH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The short version is that everyone involved with Hollaback is a sensationalist idiot who does shit solely to stir up trouble then ducks behind the "WE HAVE TO STOP MUH HORSEMINT!" defense when they attract criticism. They're the same assholes who put up that "woman walking the streets in NY gets harassed dozens of times" video that actually used like six weeks worth of footage and even then half of it was accusing men who looked at a woman being followed by a camera crew as being "subjected to the male gaze," and triggered several thousand memes.

If you think that this sort of thing - claiming that people greeting you are potential rapists - is anomalous for Hollaback, don't. They have an entire playlist full of clowns who claim they were the victims of absolutely everything to the point Brianna Wu would yell at them to tone it the fuck down. One of them wrote a book that is essentially Tropes vs. Conventional Relationships, which shits all over other authors like John Gray and Helen Fisher, bitches about white supremacy for some reason, and tries to claim we should abolish the word single because it's not properly representative. Surprising no one, all their videos disallow comments and/or ratings.

A bigger bunch of crybaby SocJus Dolts you'd be hard-pressed to find and if Heartmob wasn't joined at the hip to them they'd be easily able to sustain their own thread.

Cubanodun

D is for Doomposter
kiwifarms.net
With this online training, hosted by experts from the HeartMob team, you'll learn how to be an effective bystander when you witness online harassment. Learn what online harassment looks like and get the tools you need to respond without escalating and offer real support to targets.

Online training to learn how to turn off the computer and walk away, seriously what the hell

We are excited to introduce the HeartBot, a Twitter bot that responds to reported harassment with a sassy tweet and a donation to HeartMob.

This is the most stupid idea i have ever read, there is NO fucking way that this is NOT going to be abused

Disagreement ≠ Harassment

Are you fucking kidding me? almost all the idiots that use Heartmob are there just because people disagreed with them on the internet and they throwed a hissy fit

If heartmob did not die in all this time now with this is a matter of time that burn to the ground and be buried in the same hole where CON is

An Ghost

Callin to go crawlin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Heartbot straight killing it on delivering Social Justice to wicked online trolls! Let's take a look at a tweet from a probable drag queen that got rated as "problematic" by the Heartmob crew!
IMG_3793.jpg
Fierce! Except cwfexposed is a probable black woman who picks fights with everybody and anybody online
IMG_3794.jpg
They got into an argument over... tweets?
IMG_3795.jpg
IMG_3796.jpg
The problem with HeartMob is in a situation like this they'd have to pick between who is right and who is wrong to harass spread positivity to. Like a school yard fight, do you favor the kid is always asking for it? Or good kid who went to far?

Peace and Harmony

✨ you're the sparkle of my life ✨
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The problem with HeartMob is in a situation like this they'd have to pick between who is right and who is wrong to harass spread positivity to. Like a school yard fight, do you favor the kid is always asking for it? Or good kid who went to far?

Objective morality is literally the same thing as being gang raped by white men, when in doubt decide good or evil by gender/skin colour.

Daughter of Cernunnos

Ghost husb@ndos
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is this org that reminds me of Heartmob. It's called Trollbusters. http://www.troll-busters.com/ http://archive.md/6pLsO I don't know if they are linked in some way officially. Trollbusters sent this email recently to newsletter superscribers: http://archive.md/qKPXg --- An online magazine very similar to Everyday Feminism but less successful called Wear Your Voice Magazine where Virgie Tovar, the melting obeast fatshionista is a columnist, is begging for donations just like EF was to "save" them. Here's their newsletter sent out today about it: http://archive.md/H7O8v

Super Collie

spuper colly :D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is this org that reminds me of Heartmob. It's called Trollbusters. http://www.troll-busters.com/ http://archive.md/6pLsO I don't know if they are linked in some way officially. Trollbusters sent this email recently to newsletter superscribers: http://archive.md/qKPXg --- An online magazine very similar to Everyday Feminism but less successful called Wear Your Voice Magazine where Virgie Tovar, the melting obeast fatshionista is a columnist, is begging for donations just like EF was to "save" them. Here's their newsletter sent out today about it: http://archive.md/H7O8v

Please tell me this is the car they drive:
Trollbusterstruck.jpg

Daughter of Cernunnos

Ghost husb@ndos
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is Heartmob still going? I thought that shit died off years ago.
On the bottom of their official site currently it says:
by Hollaback! 2017 - v1.3.1
It doesn't say copyright 2018 but maybe they're just lazy. Their Facebook posted two days ago shilling for some clothing line that donates some proceeds to fight cyberbowling.
https://www.facebook.com/theheartmob/posts/1941021029255734
http://archive.md/eAsJM
https://www.facebook.com/theheartmob/
http://archive.md/o04QI
Most of their recent posts on Fagbook seem to be sharing other people's content and constantly promoting this brand called Angel Love, the ones donating to cyberbullying. It seems to be a small Canadian company created by people who support anti-cyberbowling movement. They sell overpriced necklaces and sweaters. These four things are the entirety of what they sell. The Heartmob Facebook is basically spamming the link to this fashion line.
https://archive.md/L56TB/b4976db95f5f51a80cb40713d8b7ed9e9c5eb793/scr.png
http://archive.md/L56TB/image
The Girlfriend Charcoal Grey Full Zipper Hoodie
Regular price $85.00
Whispering Angel Rose Quartz Rondelle Choker Necklace
Regular price $125.00
The Boyfriend Black Pullover Hoodie
Regular price $85.00
Angel Rock Star Hematite Choker Necklace
Regular price $125.00

Their Facebook page only has 7 likes:
https://www.facebook.com/angellovecrush/
http://archive.md/quWJo
http://archive.md/L56TB

Last edited:

Feline Darkmage

Gamer Gril Queen
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Every time one of these anti-cyberbullying things pops up its always made by a bully or exploited by bullies because its a stupid concept and it keeps failing. You'd think people would learn that all you need is report/block features, occasionally calling the cops if its a legitimately dangerous unhinged stalker, or posting caps of them sperging out and bullying people in a thread on this site and mocking them right in their faces.

Jaimas

HELLO, MON'KEIGH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

They've hidden pretty much every bit of info regarding their actual operator and contact information, so they're smarter than previous attempts.

Every time one of these anti-cyberbullying things pops up its always made by a bully or exploited by bullies because its a stupid concept and it keeps failing. You'd think people would learn that all you need is report/block features, occasionally calling the cops if its a legitimately dangerous unhinged stalker, or posting caps of them sperging out and bullying people in a thread on this site and mocking them right in their faces.

I did some research. This is worse.

The express intent of this website is to create industry blacklists and intimidate people into taking down critical comments. This is from their own fucking page:

Why should bullies care if they are on the Bully List?

They may be brazen, they may be bold, but even bullies need to eat. So, at some point, everyone needs a job. Or maybe they hope to attend college to get a better job.

Schools, colleges and employers are monitoring social media sites before making hiring decisions.

So it is in a bully's best interest to avoid leaving a trail.

This is so blatantly against the law in almost every single state that it boggles the fucking mind. Their defenses for it, likewise, are equally ridiculous, and are the sort of thing @AnOminous could tear apart with a scalpel:

Isn't this illegal?

No.
  • Defamation: Truth is the ultimate defense against defamation.

• Invasion of privacy: It is not an invasion of privacy to republish information that is publicly available, such as information on a public-facing Facebook page.

• Liability: This site is an interactive computer service provider, operated under the authority granted within Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996 (47 U.S.C. Section 230(c)(1)), and pursuant to that law, shall not be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by the contributors to the site.

Is thebullylist.org legally responsible for the content submitted by users?

No.

This site is an interactive computer service provider, operated under the authority granted within Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996 (47 U.S.C. Section 230(c)(1)), and pursuant to that law, shall not be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by the contributors to the site.

Aren't you afraid you'll be sued?

No.

Thebullylist.org is protected by anti-SLAPP statutes, short for “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation.” Under such statutes, the person sued makes a motion to strike the case because it involves speech on a matter of public concern, such as bullying. The plaintiff then has the burden of showing a probability that they will prevail in the suit – meaning they must make more than allegations of harm and actually show that they have evidence that can result in a verdict in their favor. If the defendant prevails on the motion, most states allow them to collect reasonable attorney's fees from the plaintiff. In one such case, the plaintiff was ordered to pay $1.3 million dollars to the interactive computer service provider.

Isn't this doxxing?

No.

When bullies delete their posts, all their information is removed from the Bully List. With the exception of California, no states require the removal of content upon request for minors 13 and older. That notwithstanding, this policy is consistent with California's “Online Eraser” law. So this is not doxxing. Instead, it's a reset for bullies and a relief for people who are bullied.

The way their little app works is a blatant violation of Facebook's TOS. Near as I can tell, the way this list works is that it scrapes your facebook friends and outs all of them as "knowing you." So if you are perfectly in order, but you have a relative who said something stupid who is on your friends list: Congrats! you're listed as guilty as well. It is a guilt-by-association list intended to get people to unperson you, and it gets creepier from there.

Because this site data mines facebook friends, it is carrying dox on fucking thousands of people from the first few people input into the list alone. Every single one of which is searchable by name, city, and job.

Last edited: