'Heathers' Movie Reboot -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infidel

Have you been Haram or Halal?
kiwifarms.net
Some of you might have heard of it already, but drama has been stirring in the Heathers fandom since Paramount decided to (attempt to) pander to modern fans of the 80s classic.

... And let's say that the fans aren't too happy to see the antagonists portrayed by a plus-size girl, an asian girl, and a genderqueer person uwu

In comes the salt:

You get the gist. My main source of salt is tumblr, but if you guys find it elsewhere, go on right ahead.

EDIT: Adding the original movie's trailer for context

Last edited:

CWCchange

ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ
kiwifarms.net

Clown Baby

you're the bearclaw in the garbage bag of my life
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These idiots being mad about the writers jamming as many tumblr stereotypes into the cast as they could is seriously boggling me. Just literally always outraged about anything. They did it for them, to make people quit their incessant whining about inclusion and white characters, yet still they reeeee

Salt Water Taffy

Only bad witches are ugly.
kiwifarms.net
I actually never liked the original Heathers because I thought it was too outdated by the time I came around... the preppy white blonde snooty girls were so heavily demonized in the '80's and '90's that by the time I was in high school they had mellowed out. This new reboot seems a lot more realistic to the assholes of my high school.

Incredible Crisis

kiwifarms.net
These idiots being mad about the writers jamming as many tumblr stereotypes into the cast as they could is seriously boggling me. Just literally always outraged about anything. They did it for them, to make people quit their incessant whining about inclusion and white characters, yet still they reeeee
They will never be satisfied, therefore they should be ignored.

I appreciate that they subverted the tropes that people expected, but apparently you can never portray any marginalized group as flawed in any way or else these fictional characters in a show you can choose not to watch will cause real people to die.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
I already said my thoughts on this in the thread for the damn thing, but if what I think is going to happen in the series does the SJWs who are whining about this for making Tumblrites the villains and any anti-SJWs who are rejoicing because of that will have switched sides on the topic.

Otherwise, bad idea, never should have been remade, blah blah blah. Back to the salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino