Help I’m starting to watch anime -

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
After today’s “harmless” prank I have started going down the anime rabbit hole... what should I do now? Is there any hope or am I doomed to become a weeb?

*Edit*
I’ve just purchased a katana and signed up for a Japanese language course. Oh god oh god what have I done?

Solution
Yes, that’s what I’m talking about. Maybe some fundie church can perform an exorcism on my budding inner weeb.
Well, there is another way. You can actually read up on Japanese culture and history rather than just watching their cartoons. That way you come across as a student of the culture to normies, and you'll be able to come across as a bearable person to be around at conventions.

We will always know what you truly are though. So will you.

Fromtheblackdepths

Welcome to the Ocean bitches.
kiwifarms.net
After today’s “harmless” prank I have started going down the anime rabbit hole... what should I do now? Is there any hope or am I doomed to become a weeb?

*Edit*
I’ve just purchased a katana and signed up for a Japanese language course. Oh god oh god what have I done?
Made yourself available for Mongilians to fuch?

The Lawgiver

We all know what happens to alien spies.
kiwifarms.net
I've had a piss yellow katana sword I got at a flea market or garage sale or some shit like that when I was far too young to own such a thing and I still own it to this day but you don't hear me going on and on about anime like a fucking normie weeb lmao

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
Gentlemen, gentlemen, please calm down. I understand your first steps into weebery are scary, even confusing at times. But just so you're aware, there is still hope provided you don't EVER learn anything about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

But we all know you will because it is the father of modern anime. And no, you can't get away from it, for one very simple reason:

1617320951332.png

Enjoy weebery, newfags.

Troonologist PhD

kiwifarms.net
Gentlemen, gentlemen, please calm down. I understand your first steps into weebery are scary, even confusing at times. But just so you're aware, there is still hope provided you don't EVER learn anything about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

But we all know you will because it is the father of modern anime. And no, you can't get away from it, for one very simple reason:

Enjoy weebery, newfags.
Wouldn’t Evangelion be the father of modern anime? It started a bunch of stuff we associate with anime. References to Judaism, Christianity, and especially the occult, “magnificent bastard” villains with convoluted evil plans, mindfuckery, philosophical commentary. All of these things existed in anime before but it didn’t become common until NGE became a hit.

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
Wouldn’t Evangelion be the father of modern anime? It started a bunch of stuff we associate with anime. References to Judaism, Christianity, and especially the occult, “magnificent bastard” villains with convoluted evil plans, mindfuckery.
Well, Evangelion was highly influential in its own right, especially when it came to horror anime. It was huge in its time because it was giant robots but done differently from the Gundam series and put Studio Gainax on the map. However, Jojo is basically Mickey Mouse or the original Doctor Who. It seeped deep into Japanese culture to such an extent that EVERYONE was influenced by it, even Evangelion to an extent (there's religious horror imagery on the very first page of JJBA, granted it's Mayaincatec). Magnificent Bastards had been a thing before then, and Evangelion only really codified Gainax mindfuckery Also, Phantom Blood's first volume dropped in the late 80's. Evangelion is a product of the 90's. So if we want to go chicken and egg then JJBA is the egg.

Gah, I try so hard to act normal but you people have to dig the True Weeb out, don't you?

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What, like those camps that pray the gay away? If you find one let me know, I must take preventative measures in the face of this new wave of profile pictures.
Yes, that’s what I’m talking about. Maybe some fundie church can perform an exorcism on my budding inner weeb.

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
Well, there is another way. You can actually read up on Japanese culture and history rather than just watching their cartoons. That way you come across as a student of the culture to normies, and you'll be able to come across as a bearable person to be around at conventions.

We will always know what you truly are though. So will you.

Solution