Help me pick my avatar! -

The Last Stand

Be very, VERY gay.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Quick introduction of me.

I'm a user here that is well-known for having older actresses and women front and center as profile pictures. I have had Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, Jessica Walter and Norma Shearer to name a few.

You notice the theme here.

Now, I'm asking for recommendations. Any older women that you feel deserve recognition for my profile picture. Expand my horizons to speak.

Post the image directly with a little history about them. Black and white, colorized, something authentic. Dead, alive. They don't even have to be "old," it could be a younger photo of them from the 20th century.

Hamsteroid

:hamflex:
kiwifarms.net
rbg3.jpg

High Tea

kiwifarms.net
Who's she?
Dorothy Dandridge

My suggestions:
Barbara-Stanwyck.jpg

Barbara Stanwyck - Over a 50 year acting career
Carole Lombard.jpg

Carole Lombard - Known as 'One of the guys", died on during a war bond tour
Eve-Arden.jpg

Eve Arden - Everyone's favorite sidekick, smart, witty, sassy
Gloria-Swanson.jpg

Gloria Swanson - Silent film icon and one of the first celebrities to advocate for healthy living and vegetarianism
Hedy Lamarr.jpg

Hedy Lamarr - Created a method of frequency hopping which is used for wifi
Marlene Dietrich 2.jpg

Marlene Dietrich - Androgynous icon
Vivien-Leigh.jpg

Vivien Leigh - Played 2 iconic characters, Scarlett O'Hara and Blanche Dubois
olivia dehavilland joan fontaine.jpg

Sisters Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine - Longevity in life and catty decades long feud

The Last Stand

Be very, VERY gay.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
olivia dehavilland joan fontaine.jpg

Sisters Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine - Longevity in life and catty decades long feud
I had Olivia as a profile picture. She lived to be 104. Born in Tokyo with British parents. That's a life!

Hedy Lamarr.jpg

Hedy Lamarr - Created a method of frequency hopping which is used for wifi
I read about her. Maybe show that to all the incels around the Web. She's part of the reason how they're allowed to DO THAT.

Marlene Dietrich 2.jpg

Marlene Dietrich - Androgynous icon
I thought that was a man for a second.

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net
I think Marsha Hunt deserves some appreciation:
Marsha_Hunt_1959.jpg

She was an actress during Hollywood's golden age, and starred in such films as the 1940 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, opposite Lawrence Olivier.

Then, in 1947, she became one of the figures to publicly speak out against McCarthyism, and joined the Committee for the First Amendment in protest. She was subsequently blacklisted from Hollywood as a result, having refused to back down.

After the blacklist, she became an activist for humanitarian causes, such as support for the homeless, raising awareness about climate change, and advocacy for same-sex marriage.

A truly inspiring woman, well ahead of her time.

Oh, and she's still alive. She turns 104 later this year.

Last edited:

The Last Stand

Be very, VERY gay.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think Marsha Hunt deserves some appreciation:
Marsha_Hunt_1959.jpg

She was an actress during Hollywood's golden age, and starred in such films as the 1940 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, opposite Lawrence Olivier.

Then, in 1947, she became one of the figures to publicly speak out against McCarthyism, and joined the Committee for the First Amendment in protest. She was subsequently blacklisted from Hollywood as a result, having refused to back down.

After the blacklist, she became an activist for humanitarian causes, such as support for the homeless, raising awareness about climate change, and advocacy for same-sex marriage.

A truly inspiring woman, well ahead of her time.

Oh, and she's still alive. She turns 104 later this year.
Now I'm interested in learning more about McCarthyism.

Tomorrow is the first of the month so I will try out a couple suggestions on here!