Higher Education and Millennials as a Producer of Lolcows -

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
Serious answer: it's not the college, it's the fact that people who go to college are also largely middle-class and have enough "cushioning" in their lifestyle that they can fail out of life and make fools of themselves, while still remaining safe, healthy (plus or minus), and online.

Compare to someone like Jenna Snow (Kat Burnell's vagrant sister) - she'd probably be a lolcow if she had any sort of support system, but since she doesn't she's just a homeless grifter who squats in abandoned buildings and turns tricks.
This. Lolcowdom, to an extent, requires a certain kind of failure at life. A massive online presence being an absolute tard everywhere is the big draw. Most people that can afford college also know how to operate the interwebs. Therefore searching that demographic has historically been the most fruitful in finding these weirdos.

Though with social media taking off and making it so everyone has the ability to make asses of themselves online easily they are losing ground to the mutant trailer trash Jerry Springer demographic.

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
Historically it's the intellectuals who are first up against the wall alongside the capitalists.
Technically, it's the ruling class, first. Followed by the rich and anyone who owns a business or a sizable amount of land. Followed by certain types of religions and ethnic groups, along with and who's smart enough to connect the dots.

After that, they'll send anyone who breaks the circlejerk to the Gulag.

glow

Softly glowing in the dark
kiwifarms.net
You are aware that the communist governments generally have an aversion to higher education, right?
They have an aversion to higher education when the educated classes step out of line. So long as you've got them towing the party line and making clever things for the motherland it's all good. The Soviets certainly advanced their technology for example - not as well as USA of course, but they did get stuff done.

• Agree
Reactions: Cristobal’s Colon

Cristobal’s Colon

rates thirstposts informative
kiwifarms.net
So you rag on the humanities and ignore the fact that music and the arts are what makes Western culture great, all while ignoring the SJW lunacy that is now codified into STEM teaching.

STEM soyboy confirmed. Stay in Reddit.

Reactions: bot_for_hire

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So you rag on the humanities and ignore the fact that music and the arts are what makes Western culture great
It's been a long time since the humanities, as taught in Western universities, had much to do with "what makes Western culture great". You probably couldn't even express that sentiment in class without calling down a storm on your head.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cristobal’s Colon

Cristobal’s Colon

rates thirstposts informative
kiwifarms.net
It's been a long time since the humanities, as taught in Western universities, had much to do with "what makes Western culture great". You probably couldn't even express that sentiment in class without calling down a storm on your head.
Last I checked they still teach counterpoint and early music improvisation in Music. You might be talking about English or Philosophy.

RetardedForever

Certified Public Idiot
kiwifarms.net
So you rag on the humanities and ignore the fact that music and the arts are what makes Western culture great, all while ignoring the SJW lunacy that is now codified into STEM teaching.

STEM soyboy confirmed. Stay in Reddit.
Nah, Liberal arts and humanities are not the worst subjects. General Business is. Especially when you have boomers who think that this degree is very valuable and tell their kids to major in it.

In my opinion, the Liberal Arts are really not that bad compared to business degrees unless the Biz degree is from a top program and not generic state college. Liberal Arts have something that business majors do not, a flexible schedule where you can make good use of electives. Some can even go into MED school with higher chances than those who did biology. People who take liberal arts score higher than business students on the GMAT who are the least qualified for any type of grad program including Business school itself.

Taking business is the equivalent of saying "I don't like learning, I don't like Math, I don't like writing, I don't like Science, but I do like getting cucked and working for wage slave labor for Primerica, McDonalds, and Merrill Lynch." A business degree especially one that doesn't study accounting is the equivalent of a necromancer casting a spell on you that makes you say "I'm retarded and wasted my money." It's like injecting poison into you to make yourself dumber.

Doing 150 units for a CPA is the equivalent of an engineering degree that has all the prestige and rigor taken away and is less rewarding due to accounting being the most saturated field and the third most popular degree next to General Business. Attempting to get a CPA without studying anything else on the side or having a back-up plan in case Big 4 / accounting firm doesn't hire you is like becoming a certified cuck who is too dumb for the actuary exams and the CFA. And for those that got those exams as well, congrats you regurgitated some material and spent more time studying to get a job than getting money right out of college.

Math and computer science teach people how to think critically and do not waste their time on needing to get a set of crappy overpriced credentials (aside the degree/masters) to please a corporate boss. Also with a Math phd, you can even make 300k starting which is far more than what the CPA is worth. That is the difference between some of the more valuable STEM degrees and biz cancer.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Shadfan666xxx000