His Current Days: How do you REALLY want them to be?

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Would it be in Chris' best interest to have more autonomy and leave the house more frequently?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Globe

baby you look great today
kiwifarms.net
As with the private Facebook leaks last year, it seems that Chris' outburst last week has flipped the script with regard to public attitudes. I've noticed several people mention that they've reconsidered whatever sympathy they once had for him, I've seen others say he will and/or needs to go to jail, and a few other sentiments have been thrown out there that people probably wouldn't have been willing to say beforehand.

One thing that I know this past incident proves beyond a shadow of a doubt is this; Chris learned absolutely nothing. A year's probation and GodBear only knows how many :tugboat: dollars on court costs later, Chris has not learned a single thing; he hasn't even found a way to manage his behavior any better, if anything it's even worse now than it was before. I don't know what kind of grip Barb has on Chris' routine now, but this whole debacle has made me think of something. Before last week, whenever Barb's "hoarding" of Chris was mentioned, most people responded sympathetically, one person even likening it to child abuse. Rightfully so, it's incredibly selfish to keep your child in the same room with you twelve hours out of the day if isn't arguably for their own good, but this is where I'm caught on something; is it for Chris' good in the end? I'm not talking about Barb's motivation, there's been plenty of logical, sound arguments that she's doing it out of pure batshit craziness and little else.

I'm just talking about the results.

People have said that they'd like to see Chris at least get out and have some kind of life outside of 14BC, but we've seen how it goes down when that does actually happen. Grade-school era degenerate behavior, ban-hammers, confrontations and, in worst case scenarios, arrests. It happened in his clownshirt days and, apparently, still happens today. It all comes full circle, I guess. Chris isn't capable of acting like a normal human being in public anymore than he's capable of acting like an adult or learning from his mistakes. Even if he keeps to himself the majority of the time he's out somewhere, the second he sees something he can interpret as provocation, he's likely to act out and get himself into trouble all over again.

So, the question is this; even if you think Barb's "hoarding" of Chris is fucked up and psychologically damaging, how would you prefer he live while she's still kicking? Do you want Chris to be locked up all day with Barb, utterly miserable but at least out of trouble with the law, or would you prefer he be allowed to leave the house more frequently, where he's more likely to be a public nuisance, making other people's lives worse off?

Also, since there was never a dedicated thread for it, feel free to dump your opinions/attitudes of OPL and how they've changed since last week, assuming they have at all.

Kamen Rider Black RX

Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I think it's becoming more evident that Chris is a danger to those around him. The manchild just will not learn the errors of his ways and I think that if Barb weren't keeping him at home, he might have ran over somebody again or be facing more criminal charges. Chrissie needs to be supervised and, even if she wants him home for selfish reasons, Barb should be applauded if she realizes this.

Honest Sweetheart

kiwifarms.net
But if Chris spends the remainder of his days cooped up in his bedroom playing vidya then what will happen to our lovely community? No public hi-jinks equals no future sagas.

Q

QI 541

kiwifarms.net
Chris shouldn't be locked up in his house. He should be locked up in a prison :alog:

Sakamoto

kiwifarms.net
It's still in "Chris' best interest" that he get out and do things. It may not be in the community's best interest. Maybe he'll get in trouble going out, but his life won't get any better staying in, he'll just become Barb 2.0, only skipping the part of working a job and having kids.

soIregistered

DERNT COLL ANNIBODDY
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I'd like the poor beast to be able to leave his house and experience human interaction that doesn't involve a sign. Not that he's doing too well at that whole being a normal interacting human when he does.

DykesDykesChina

Human/Science
Deceased
kiwifarms.net
CWC needs to be out and about... I'd actually like to see him move to a completely new area where people don't know him. This would be very lulzogenic, methinks. Maybe he should move in with ADF in California or Cole in New York. AUGH YEAH

José Mourinho

The Special One
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes. But not just for McDonalds of course.

BillRiley

Good GOD, my emotions!
kiwifarms.net
I guess the bottom line here is that Chr­is-Chan needs supervision - and even bad supervision is better than none at all.

Mourning Dove

Zenaida macroura
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd like a free-range Chris as well. I know I'd be depressed if I were trapped within a dark and smelly hovel at all times.

Bgheff

kiwifarms.net
He's not any worse that hasn't been in the past. I suggest reading about his other bans again and then comparing them to his current ones. He's all been a nutcase about getting banned from places even nearly 10 years ago. Screaming at and cursing the Dean, having to be tackled by security at Target after telling them they have stolen all the pretty girls from him. Wal-Mart back back in the day where he curse-ha me whatevered the management, started "verbal combat" and fled while flipping them off. He's always been a complete nut when people tell him to adjust his behavior.

These days he seems to just leave when they tell him to and try to get them trolled for "harassing an autistic man". In the past he had to be arrested and restrained. If anything he's gotten better.

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
kiwifarms.net
Chris always seems to be happy in videos and pictures where he is socializing It's probably in his best interests to get out more, the community's interests however...

Globe

baby you look great today
kiwifarms.net
Bgheff said:
He's not any worse that hasn't been in the past. I suggest reading about his other bans again and then comparing them to his current ones. He's all been a nutcase about getting banned from places even nearly 10 years ago. Screaming at and cursing the Dean, having to be tackled by security at Target after telling them they have stolen all the pretty girls from him. Wal-Mart back back in the day where he curse-ha me whatevered the management, started "verbal combat" and fled while flipping them off. He's always been a complete nut when people tell him to adjust his behavior.

These days he seems to just leave when they tell him to and try to get them trolled for "harassing an autistic man". In the past he had to be arrested and restrained. If anything he's gotten better.
That's part of my point, though. It's been ten years of this behavior reaching a crux of considerable legal repercussions and he hasn't learned a single thing. And I really don't see any reason to think he's gotten better simply because it hasn't gotten to the point of him having to be restrained . He's gone from loitering and holding up signs to defacing private property simply because he's in a "bad mood". Not that I think he'd ever deliberately harm someone, but that's borderline sociopath shit.

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
I want him to move into DDP's 'Accountability Crib.'

But only because I'm listening to the Adam Corolla podcast with DDP as the guest.

He just needs to go out and mainstream himself, go see a Cavalier football game, go see a concert, go get a decent meal, go dump some of the hoard into a dumpster. Something, and go have sex with a male while he's at it, since you know, he's queer as a three dollar bill.

Some JERK

I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'
kiwifarms.net
Chris has learned nothing because of his network of asspatters who assure him that nothing is his fault, and Barb is like the Master-Control Program of that particular alternate-reality. She also fuels a good deal of his victim bullshit. Sure, if he was clear of her, he'd fuck up and get into more trouble probably, and he might never overcome his ridiculously warped sense of entitlement instilled in him by his mother, but he's certainly never going to make an inch of forward progress as long as he's still under her thumb with her telling him that everyone is out to get him and he's better off safe with her.

Holdek

Down to where? All that is down is only the floor.
kiwifarms.net
IDK. This is tough because Barb is a toxic influence, yet Chris seems to get involved in hijinks when he goes out more than the average 'tard.

It's kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't, really. He gets frustrated being under the shackle of :snorlax: yet gets frustrated by manajerks and jerkcops when he escapes her clutches.

I guess maybe he'll at least feel free on his own so I'll vote for that.

Henry Bemis

just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
exball said:
Chris always seems to be happy in videos and pictures where he is socializing It's probably in his best interests to get out more...

Chris may get out in public, but he doesn't socialize. He'll sit in a corner in the shadows fiddling with his handheld whatever, sipping a light drink, passively handing off the responsibility of socializing to the people around him. He got lucky once in this regard (see the Big Night Out videos), but one night out of ten years of sitting in the corner is not an impressive track record.

So, really, nothing would change if he got out more. What's more, he'd probably be a little more prone to (passive) aggressive behavior and a shorter patience and temper.

Donald Duck

LEGO IS EXPENSIVE!!!
kiwifarms.net
Henry Bemis said:
exball said:
Chris always seems to be happy in videos and pictures where he is socializing It's probably in his best interests to get out more...

Chris may get out in public, but he doesn't socialize. He'll sit in a corner in the shadows fiddling with his handheld whatever, sipping a light drink, passively handing off the responsibility of socializing to the people around him. He got lucky once in this regard (see the Big Night Out videos), but one night out of ten years of sitting in the corner is not an impressive track record.

So, really, nothing would change if he got out more. What's more, he'd probably be a little more prone to (passive) aggressive behavior and a shorter patience and temper.

I agree with that a lot. Aside from getting some fresh air, there really is no benefit for him to get out of the house more when all he does is sit his ass in the corner of a McDonalds or food court with his head down, eyes focused on a handheld device, and his ears plugged with earphones. What's more, he just can't seem to stay out of trouble or refrain from making a nuisance of himself out in public and absolutely refuses to accept that he cannot do whatever the fuck he wants just because "I'm autistic!".

No, what would really benefit him isn't being able to get out more, but having more privacy, having his own room back, and freedom just inside his own house and not be smothered by Barb's craziness.

Smutley

Kill Count: 2
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Globe said:
So, the question is this; even if you think Barb's "hoarding" of Chris is fucked up and psychologically damaging, how would you prefer he live while she's still kicking? Do you want Chris to be locked up all day with Barb, utterly miserable but at least out of trouble with the law, or would you prefer he be allowed to leave the house more frequently, where he's more likely to be a public nuisance, making other people's lives worse off?

This will come off as incredibly callous, but I'd like Chris to have more autonomy so he can do as much harm to the world as possible. I know things aren't going to change because of one caustic retard and his grudge against everyone, but the more people who are mentally ill that cause destruction or death are more people that can't be ignored when it comes to meaningful reform for the mentally ill.

Chris isn't going to shoot up a school, I know that. He's not going to attack a navy base or the marines. He won't attack gays on the street except to maybe mutter "fag" under his breath. But he might run his car into a building trying to escape the mallcops, or throw a sign through a plate glass window. He could potentially run Snyder over as he leaves the store one night and kill him, or kill the kid in the passenger seat of the car he T-bones because he was raging about being banned again instead of concentrating on the road.

And when something like that happens - when he causes tens of thousands in damage, or ends someones life, everyone will be forced into having another difficult conversation of, "Why was this person given all these chances and all this leniency and not ever forcibly medicated and put under supervision despite years of building warning signs".

It won't change things immediately, but he'd finally be of some use, even if it is incredibly minuscule.

Status
Not open for further replies.